#014 New Student

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Opening her eyes slowly, Hana found herself lying on the sofa. She was covered by an unfamiliar blanket. She sat up and ran her fingers through her hair. She saw Kai and Woohyun lying on the floor, asleep. Yumi was sleeping with his arms rested on the small table in the middle of the room-head leaning on her arms. Right…it’s Kyungsoo’s room. They’ve been pulling an all-nighter for the coming school festival and they all were too tired to go back to their own rooms to sleep. She got off the sofa and walked carefully towards Yumi.

She carefully tacked the blanket over her friend. She looked around and noticed that Kyungsoo’s not around. She thought maybe he was in his bedroom. She heard someone grunted. Woohyun was moving in his sleep. She smiled at his cute actions. Hana moved towards him and fixed his blanket which was thrown because he was moving.

Her gaze stopped on Kai. It was the first time that she was looking at him while sleeping like that. He looked so calm. The way his chest was moving up and down while breathing was bringing a tingling feeling inside her. She found herself trying to reach for his hair to pat. She pulled her hand quickly and stood. She saw the door of Kyungsoo’s bedroom slightly opened. Her curiosity pushed her to take a look inside. It was empty.

Where did he go? She asked herself. Hana couldn’t stop herself from taking a step towards his desk. There, she found a picture frame where the picture of Kyungsoo, Kai and a girl was. They were all smiling. She’s pretty. She complimented in awe. Being suddenly aware of her rude behavior, she put the frame down and got out of the room. As soon as she got to where the others were sleeping, Kyungsoo entered the room with a mug of hot coffee in his hand.

He was surprised to see her awake at such a late hour. “Where did you go?” she asked, whispering. He lifted the mug as an answer. They sat on the sofa, looking at the others who were sleeping. A smile crept on his face as he leaned on his back. “It’s the first time I saw him sleep like that. Usually, he would always wake up in the middle of the night in cold sweat. He would go out of his room and not sleep for the entire night”

“Is that the reason why he sleeps in class?” she asked, still in a small voice. He nodded then looked at him. “So…how is the liking him thingy going on?” he asked, making Hana flustered. She was staring at Kai who was calmly sleeping. “I don’t know”

How can she be so clueless? Kai’s actions are very obvious. Should I tell her or not? Whatever, it’s their issue so I’ll just stay put.Kyungsoo told himself. “Ah, I saw a frame in your bedroom and…I’m sorry for entering without asking for permission…uhm…I saw a picture of you, Kai and a girl…who…”

“Heejin. Yoon Heejin. That’s her name” Kyungsoo cut her off, knowing what she was about to ask. “She’s a dear friend to the two of us”

“If I’m not wrong…she’s the girl you’re talking about, right? The one in your heart?” Hana asked. He nodded then smiled at her. “Where is she now?” she asked curiously. Kyungsoo could not hide his bitter and sad expression. He just smiled wryly then looked at his mug. “Heaven…I think. She died just before we were supposed to enter high school”

She felt a tug inside her. “I’m sorry…I should’ve not…Sorry”

“There’s no need to be sorry. Wherever she may be…I know that she’s happier there” he assured her then stood. Hana just stared at him as he walked at the back of the sofa, trying to walk to his bedroom. He stopped then looked at Hana. He walked towards him and patted her head with an assuring smile.

“No need to be sorry…really. Just worry about what you’ll do with him. If I were you, I will tell him sooner. We don’t know…maybe he’s feeling the same way for you”

Hana’s cheeks felt so warm. “Go back to sleep…we will have a hard day tomorrow” he told her then turned his back on her, leaving her with a flustered expression. What did he mean by that? She asked herself then looked at Kai.

Kyungsoo, who just entered his bedroom, sighed then shut his eyes. “So much for just being an audience. I just literally told her that Kai likes her…No…I didn’t tell her that bluntly, right?”

He sighed then shook his head. “Whatever…I’ll just wait for what will happen next”

Hana sat on her seat and started unpacking the things in her bag. The door opened and Kai and Kyungsoo entered. Kai looked like he had a goodnight sleep. “Good morning” she greeted the two of them. “Good morning too” Kyungsoo greeted her back, smiling. “Morning” Kai greeted her back without looking at her. Kyungsoo grinned but hid it with his hand. Jerk. If you’re going to greet her back, you should do it properly. The two of them took their seat and waited for the others to enter.

“GOOD MORNING!!~~” Woohyun brightly greeted all the people in the room with a very bright smile on his face. He quickly ran towards Hana and gave her a tight hug. “Morning princess” he winked at her then smiled. She just hit him lightly on his arm then glared at him. “Stop calling me that or else I’ll hit you harder” she warned him as she fixed her uniform. “Okay princess” he grinned.

Kai felt like he really wanted to hit Woohyun with a bat. Burning him with his Alice is also an option. He was glaring at Woohyun. Sehun and L scolded Woohyun for making a fuss early in the morning. The door opened and TOP entered. “As you know, today, we will start the preparation for the school festival. So make use of your energy and Alices in helping since we are tight in schedule. Don’t even think of using your Alices on things that are not helpful, got that?”

“Yes!” the class responded in chorus. “And…” TOP started as he cleared his throat, looking at the chart that he was carrying then at the students. “We will be having a new student” he continued, earning murmurs from the students. “Come in” he said as he looked outside.

A tall, fair and black haired guy entered the room. The girls were already knocked out because of his flower boy appearance. “Hello, my name is AhnJaehyun. Nice to meet you all” he introduced himself as he bowed. Hana was staring at the transferee for some time when Jaehyun caught her off guard by giving her a warm smile. It was like when Jiyong smiled at her. Kai saw what he did and he swore that he didn’t like him from head to feet.

Jaehyun walked to his seat then acted like any student would. They all listened to the instructions before splitting into groups to help in the preparation. Since they’re assisting the senior students in the preparations, they were given jobs such as painting some props, grabbing things from the storage room and other things. Kai, Sehun, L, Woohyun and Kyungsoo were in a team. They were told to help the theatre club in their ‘play effects’ since their Alices are complimentary to the play’s theme.

Yumi was helping in the construction of the stages since she can move heavy things with her Alice. Jaehyun and Hana were helping various clubs by grabbing things from the storage room and even helping them in decorating. “Uhm…what is your name?” Jaehyun asked while they were walking to the rooms where they were taking some props. “Hana. Lee Hana” she replied immediately.

“Oh, nice to meet you. It feels weird to have people who have Alices around me” he chuckled nervously then looked at the things that he was carrying. “I know how that feels. I was a transferee too so I know how you feel. If you need something or you want to ask something, you can ask me and I’ll try my best to help you” she told him. “Really? Thank you very much. I was very anxious while thinking what kind of people are here. Thank goodness there’s someone like you here, Hana” he smiled, gratefully.

“Ah, what is your Alice?” she asked. “Me? I’m a shifter” he replied right away. “Shifter?” she repeated, brows furrowed. Jaehyun put the props down then took a ball on his hand. He showed it to her. Hana exclaimed in awe as she saw the ball turned into a flower. “That’s amazing!” she said as she picked the flower from his hand. “You can turn things into whatever you want to?” she asked in amusement. Jaehyun chuckled because of her reaction then shook his head. “I can do this too”

Hana’s jaw dropped on the ground when she saw an exact copy of herself in front of her. She reached the cheeks of the replica in front of her and pinched them to check if it was real. It was. Jaehyun’s eyes widened in surprise when she did that. She pulled her hands quickly when Jaehyun turned to his real appearance. “Sorry, I was just fascinated” she quickly apologized. He shook his head then picked the box of props. “It’s okay. But…what’s your Alice?” he asked.

“Nullfying. Other people’s Alice doesn’t work on me but…I still can’t really control it perfectly” she answered. “That’s amazing. That must be the reason why when you touched me I turned to my normal appearance” he nodded in amusement. They continued walking while talking about school stuffs and about the students in their class. They reached the building where they were supposed to bring the props and they found busy students running here and there.

Hana was preoccupied to even notice two guys carrying a couple of plywood coming from their side. “Excuse us” she belatedly heard their excuse and found herself tripping towards the stairs. “Hana” she heard her name being called and a pair of arms pulling her. She felt her back aching as they hit the ground. She opened her eyes and found Jaehyun wincing in pain. She quickly got up and asked for help. “Jaehyun, are you okay?” she asked in a worried tone.

Jaehyun tried to sit up while holding his left arm which took the toll when they landed on the ground. “I think I’m fine. My arm just hurts a little” he replied. He was brought to the clinic right away.

Hana was sitting on the clinic’s bed as she got treated for the scratch on her knee. The clinic’s door flew open and a Kai entered the room. He obviously ran his way to the clinic judging from his appearance. He was gasping for air and was sweating.

Hana was staring at him as he walked towards her. “Are you okay? How can you be such a clumsy seaweed and fall on the stairs? Don’t you know that people die by just falling from the stairs?” he asked. He couldn’t help but be worried by hearing what happened. She was surprised by how he sounded like. He sounded like he was really worried. “I’m fine. I just got scratched. Jaehyun’s the one who got hurt”

His eyes narrowed as he heard that name. “Jaehyun?” he repeated. She nodded then looked at his hands. He was still wearing the gloves from the theatre club and his sleeves were full of paint. He looked like he just ran from whatever he was doing because he was still holding a paint brush. “Did you just run from the theatre club to come here?” she asked. “Why would I do that? I was just passing by the building when I heard what happened” he lied, looking away.

“Then why are you holding a paint brush?” she asked, pointing at the brush that he was holding. Kai quickly hid it on his back then cleared his throat. “Why? Is there something wrong with me carrying a paint brush wherever I go?” his tone sounded arrogant. She was about to say something to counter his denial when she saw Jaehyun coming out from the other room with Taeyeon beside him. She got off the bed and walked towards him. “Are you okay?” she asked Jaehyun.

He was wearing an arm cast on his left arm. “I’m fine” he replied with an assuring smile. “He’ll be fine by tomorrow” Taeyeon explained and took her leave. The three of them were left in an awkward atmosphere. “What are we going to do? You just transferred and you already got hurt because of me. I’m really sorry” Hana apologized. “It’s okay. I just did what I thought should be done” Jaehyun told her and shook his head.

Kai scoffed while looking at the two becoming ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter