The First Date

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

Kyungsoo honestly didn’t know how or when this happened.

 

 

Yet somehow he had ended up on the roof of his apartment building at some ungodly hour, the cold biting into his pajamas that he forgot to change out of and slung onto Chanyeol’s back, but all he knew was it was freezing and that yes, this was happening.


 

“Chanyeol, why are we out here?” Kyungsoo asked, voice raspy with sleep.


 

“Cause we need to watch the sunrise. Don’t couples do that?”

 

“But it’s freaking early and I’m cold.”

 

“Here.” he said, setting the boy down in front of him and unbuckling his coat, wrapping it around him in one smooth move. Pulling him closer until Kyungsoo could feel his back meet Chanyeol’s warm chest, the smaller blushed as the taller buckled the jacket back up. “Now we’re both warm.” he sighed, resting his chin on Kyungsoo’s head and unknowingly making him heat up in embarrassment. He gave a halfhearted “Yah!” and tried to hit Chanyeol in the chest unsuccessfully, before finally relenting and leaning back in his embrace, letting himself enjoy the warmth of the smitten boy behind him coupled with the beautiful skyline.

 

 

Eventually the dark sky lightened up bit by bit and the stars slowly blended in with the navy blue, and they could see the sun peeking out over the horizon above all the skyscrapers, the cold colours blending into warm ones as the sky became lighter in colour. Kyungsoo had to admit, this - whatever this is - was nice, the comforting weight of Chanyeol’s chin resting atop his head, Chanyeol’s arms wrapped around him securely, and the reassuring beating of Chanyeol’s heart at his back; not to mention Chanyeol’s awestruck silence that was so rarely seen, making the peaceful atmosphere-

 

 

“Hey Soo?”

 

 

Okay, maybe he had spoken too soon.

 

 

“Yes?” Kyungsoo sighed, answering him nevertheless.

 

 

“We should do this more often.”


 

Kyungsoo could only nod as the sun shone on his face, warming his cold cheeks.


 

“Soo?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“What do you wanna do today?”


 

“I don’t know.”

 

“We should go skating.”

 

“I can’t skate.”

 

“Well then this is a good time to learn.” Chanyeol said, the shorter getting lifted off his feet and being awkwardly waddled to the stairs.

 

 

“Yah! Let me out!” Kyungsoo said, struggling against the giant’s hold on him.

 

“But I don’t want you to come out of there.” he said, nuzzling the shorter boy.


 

Kyungsoo grunted halfheartedly (because although he would never admit it out loud, he kind of liked the warmth Chanyeol gave him too), and squatted low enough to escape the coat, shivering when the cold air met his warm skin. Chanyeol smiled, removing his jacket and placing it onto the shivering boy, the taller left in his own pajamas.

 

 

“But won’t you be cold?”

 

“Not as long as I’m with you.”

 

“What does that even mean?” he chuckled.

 

 

“I don’t know. I just thought it sounded romantic. Let’s go.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“OH - JESUS!”

 

 

“Don’t Jesus Kyungsoo.”

 

 

“SHUT UP AND HELP ME!”

 

 

Chanyeol chuckled as he glided over to his struggling date, the children around them doing a horrible job of concealing their laughter while their parents stared, appalled at the fact that the shorter had just shouted about ing jesus in the presence of their sweet little demonic children just a few moments ago.

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed in relief when he was supported by a pair of sturdy arms behind him, helping the boy balance himself as ‘Yeollie’ as Chanyeol insisted he call him, sneakily slid his hand into Kyungsoo’s open one and he gave a small start, heat rising to his cheeks.

 

 

“Come on Kyungie.” he said with a smile, the younger boy half screaming, half laughing as he was brought around the rink, a steady stream of profanities coming from his mouth in frosty wisps of air.

 

 

Never again, Kyungsoo decided, never again.

 

 

After just an hour of slipping and sliding around the rink the cupid was now sporting several large bruises and even a cut from his skates, scraped elbows and knees and a very wounded ego, Chanyeol only laughing at the other’s lack of coordination misfortune.


 

“I should’ve never let you talk me into that.” Kyungsoo muttered, returning his skates, the giant still giggling.

 

 

“You’re so cute Soo.” Chanyeol said, pinching Kyungsoo’s cheek. “How about we go get some coffee? My treat.”


 

“Fine.” Kyungsoo sighed, Chanyeol smiling ear to ear as he slipped Kyungsoo’s hand in his own. Kyungsoo’s heart pounded hard for the rest of the day.

 

 


A/N

In case the whole jacket thing was confusing, it was based off this gifset:

     

AND ITS FREAKING ADORABLE. I hope you guys like this. I spent an hour scrolling through my liked posts on tumblr to find this. -.- Conclusion is: I need to like less posts. Anywhoodle, if y'all have tumblr, comment your url and we can be tumblr friends and and be happy and stuffffff. 

texuredjeans' tumblr is obviously texturedjeans.tumblr.com

mine is itsbaekfasttime.tumblr.com

- byunsbaekery