Chapter 3

Already Yours [from then 'til now]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Chen stabbed his meat using his fork.

 

They are currently inside the Chinese restaurant. It was new; the facilities are good but they still lack appeal to the people passing by. The murals were amazing. It feels like the painting really is popping out like in 3D movies. With the burst of cool colours, the place looks youthful and fun. The tables were designed with simplicity and uniqueness. It’s a good thing Xiumin found a flyer, but even though they sent advertisements everywhere, only a few people attended their grand opening. Xiumin and Chen were part of them.

 

They went to the eatery right after Xiumin bought the items he needed. It was horrible if he would describe that experience. It’s not the market that’s the problem; it’s a guy named Kim Jongdae. Xiumin did the same as Chen and pierced his meat firmly. That plate would’ve cracked, if you would ask me.

 

The restaurant’s location is a bit no-no. It’s near to their school but definitely isolated and far from the road. The students have to discover it themselves. The place, on the other hand, is a kilometre distance from the market. Xiumin laughed at the thought he just remembered. Chen was really exhausted walking one fourth of a kilometre under the sun.

 

The two of them have been glaring for minutes the moment they entered the restaurant. Of course, they are not seated in the same table. It would’ve caused a ruckus. The poor restaurant would have to go under renovation on their opening day. They’re 24 inches apart. That distance is enough. And because of the lack of costumers, the tables they’re seated to was vacant, a perfect view of each other. That’s bull, though.

 

I should be the one pissed off! Xiumin thought, glaring at Chen. He munched the meat hungrily.

 

You ! I am pissed off with you from the moment I saw you! Chen thought.

 

Flashback

 

“This could be...,” Before Xiumin could even finish his sentence, Chen has made a comment already. It pissed the out of him. This stupid duck has been commenting dumb replies a lot. Literally, he’s being a brat like how he really is. If only Xiumin can punch the other in public, he would’ve done it by now. He clenched his fists. Who wouldn’t? They have been in that market for an hour and a half. And Chen’s blabbering isn’t helping Xiumin. He got annoyed every second that this jerk beside is a piece of . He didn’t like to hurt other people but...nevermind.

 

“What the hell is that? Is that even edible? How can we be so sure that this place is not contaminated? Just look at the surroundings, bun face!” He shouted. His arms are crossed as if he’s afraid of touching anything. He’s anxiously looking around, being cautious of the things surrounding him.

 

Xiumin rolled his eyes, annoyed. He paid for the item and moved to the next stop. While walking, Chen couldn’t stop asking ridiculously stupid questions. “Are we there yet? When are we getting out of here? I’m hungry. Can I go home? I’ll call Tao now. Hey! Stupid!”

 

Xiumin gritted his teeth. He fastened his pace until he reached their last stop in the market. Chen was too busy looking around, cautious. He sighed.

 

He knew Chen couldn’t contact Tao. The other has been whispering things that were quite understandable. He said that Tao’s probably resting at the moment and he couldn’t afford ruining the others resting time.

 

He was relieved that Chen finished talking s. He finally got away from that . He didn’t feel guilty a little bit. He knew that Chen can find the way and look for Xiumin in just a blink of an eye. Xiumin grimaced at the reality.

 

After a few seconds of purchase, he saw Chen just arriving. He was looking around and flinching every time someone will come near him. His hands were on his knees; obviously, he was looking for the other. Xiumin could only smirk but deep inside he was relieved.

 

It would be a bother to him if this guy got lost because that’s the way Xiumin is. He doesn’t like leaving people alone and getting lost, literally or not.

 

Chen was scared. He was so lost in the place. His heart was beating so fast that he doesn’t know what to do. He could cry now for Pete’s sake. Where the hell is that bun? Chen would do anything just to see the other because the place was really creeping the hell out of him. It’s seriously the first time of Chen in such location. He would do anything to find the other so he could get out even if it means a shake hand with Xiumin.

 

Xiumin saw the fear in Chen’s eyes. His eyes widened a bit. He made his way towards the other in normal pace. Chen was about to go the other way when Xiumin grabbed his collar just in time. Chen looked around with quivering eyes then it flared the moment he saw Xiumin. He pushed the other and punched him the face.

 

“Yah! I thought you left me here alone, you stupid head! How can you just make yourself invisible like that in this polluted and tainted place?! I’m already hungry, you know? If only I could go home then I would left the moment I stepped here!” He said, glaring. Xiumin was supposed to feel guilty but when he heard the other’s blabber he just walked passed him, purposely shoving the smaller’s shoulder.

 

“Shut up, slow poke. If you don’t want to stay here, then go and starve to death. I know Tao couldn’t fetch you,” Xiumin smirked. But deep inside, Xiumin wanted to apologize. It was mostly his fault. He should’ve prolonged his patience since he knew really well that Chen was a little monster. What should he expect from the other in such place?

 

Still, he plastered a victorious grin. But, he was pissed off about Chen’s blabbering and also the fact that Chen indeed got lost. It may be childish but for a moment Xiumin thought that he was just like his parents, stupid. In the end, Chen followed, rubbing his shoulders to remove the invisible germs given by his enemy.

 

End of Flashback

 

Xiumin was almost done eating and so is Chen. They were both full but they still hunger for pleasure of bullying each other and giving verbal use of languages. Xiumin drummed his fingers on the table. Remember when he said he didn’t felt guilty? Well, he did feel guilty. Just a little bit for your satisfaction. He‘s thinking if he should apologize or not. Well. He didn’t really want it to turn out this way.

 

“You’re lucky I’m still alive,” Chen blurted. “I’m so going to take my revenge. You trust me, I’ll get it.” He crossed his arms.

 

Xiumin didn’t speak. He stayed silent. He’s been thinking of the incident for the tenth time this day, in just 30 minutes. He doesn’t know what to do with Chen and with himself. He needed his friends’ advice. Never in a thousand years have he ever thought of having lunch with the famously infamous Kim Jongdae. He just realized that just now.

 

It felt like his anger subsided with the silent treatment during their lunch.

 

“What? You’ve gone mute?” Chen asked, nearing a little bit to Xiumin as if checking if the other would react. Xiumin did react. He backed away with his face flushing. He felt it. He immediately covered his face with the back of his hand and averted his gaze.

 

“Geez, you’re acting weird for a moment back there, you head,” Chen backed away. “Which I guess suits you the best for you to look uglier.” Chen said. He then raised his hand, calling the attention of the waiter. Xiumin sighed at his comment. How childish can this person be?

 

The tall man saw this and hesitantly made his way towards the table. He was wearing a cap, hiding his face a little bit. Chen looked at Xiumin with disgust. The red cheeks are gone, by the way. “You’re paying, right? Don’t flake out... Oh! It’s okay. Prove to me that you’re really an . Wait, wait, wait, you’re already an ,” Chen thought out loud.

 

“Tss. Shut up, you . Unless you want to be left here,” Xiumin shot back.

 

“I can call Tao. He’s probably on duty now, you know.”

 

“Probably? What if he’s not?” Xiumin crossed his arms.

 

“Oh, please. I know him better than you,” Chen said.

 

“So? You don’t need to know him better to predict the future.”

 

“I know him too well. In one ring, he’ll come by here to fetch me up,” Chen retorted back.

 

“Yeah, right. After hours, in your dreams.”

 

“I’m stating the truth here unlike your bulls,” Chen grabbed a spoon.

 

“Bulls? Ha, you .”

 

“God, you’re a hopeless case—“ Chen was cut off by a fake cough.

 

“Are you planning on making me stand here while you two fight in front of me like I don’t exist?” Both of them looked up. Literally. The guy was tall. He has blonde hair, white skin, handsome face; amazing jaw line...you name it. WAIT.

 

Chen knew the guy. He was...

 

“,” Chen cursed.

 

Xiumin looked up and saw the male.

 

“Oh Sehun?” Chen and Xiumin blurted out. Their eyes widened. He’s working here?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter