Chapter 2

Already Yours [from then 'til now]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XiuChen~

 

~Chen’s room~

He was shuffling on his phone while his back relaxed on the bed’s head board. Chen was definitely bored and it’s only past 2pm. He was not in the mood to cram yet. What? Even geniuses procrastinate. “I’ll do it later,” he said. So he started his boredom by rolling over and over on his carpeted floor then his comfy bed. He started making his own drama by staring the kids on his subdivision playing on the road with their bicycles and personal maids. Tss...brats. He thought. Still, it didn’t satisfy his wicked tedium. He began drawing doodles but didn’t have the chance to finish it because his fingers won’t work. And he’s been doing this for an hour.

He stood up from his bed and stretched his arms.

He had an idea in his mind. It’s quite hot outside and even inside his room. According to the news report, after a few days the normal cool temperature will be back and will proceed to the coldest freezing temperature because the winter season is approaching. This week was only an exemption. Chen decided to go to the mall to stroll around and kill some time. He paced to his walk-in closet. He grabbed a pair of ripped jeans, leather jacket, a plain white shirt and black socks. He threw them on his bed and started having on. He did have a problem wearing those jeans because their skinny. It was worth it anyway. He’s a dandy man.

He went to his shoe rack somewhere at the corner of his 7x6 meter room. He looked for the best pair of shoe for his outfit. Wait.

Chennie,

It’s been a while. I hope to see you soon. I’ll probably go back to Korea sometime this year. Don’t know when though. So here’s an early present for you!

-Your cousin, Lu Han

Chen nodded with appreciation on the letter his cousin sent him. He grinned. “Nice. Just in time when I need them,” He murmured to himself. He swiftly wore them on it was a perfect fit. He looked for his phone and wallet. He glanced at himself on his reflexion.

He paced towards his door and opened it sneakily. Looking around, he tip-toed slowly but slyly on the stairway and successfully reaching his goal: the main door. It would be a disaster if his father found out that he went out a few hours before their ‘talk’. And as a son, his father once told him that it would be an appropriate action to think about what to say a few hours before confrontation than to be a happy-go-lucky unpleasant child. Mr. Kim said it would train him to be more disciplined and Chen was only 6 years old back then.

“Sir, are you going out at this hour when the sun can burn your skin?”

Chen jumped in shock, almost losing his balance if he hadn’t grabbed a hold on the ing door knob.

Name: Huang ZiTao

Height: Tall

Description: Master of martial arts. Chen’s closest butler. Has a weird personality.

This guy is a damn ghost. Just look at his eyes. He glared at the younger. “You...gave me—a heart attack!” He yelled in whisper not wanting his father to hear his howl on Tao. The tall butler took a step back, quite in shock that his a-few-years-older master, in his young age, suffered from a mild heart attack. He panicked. “D-D-D-o you n-need to go to the hospital, Sir?!” He was literally fanning the petite male clearly giving him oxygen.

Chen waved his hands off which Tao sheepishly placed near his chest. “Not literally, dumbdumb,” He gritted his teeth. Tao didn’t seem offended though because he and his master are close friends. Despite that, Tao still calls Chen Sir or Young Master no matter how much Chen insisted not to.

“Tss...why are you even here? Aren’t you supposed to be taking a break?” Chen crossed his arms and asked Tao in the least volume he can make.

Tao rested his hands within his pants’ pocket. He shrugged, “Master called me in his office an hour ago. He said he just came home early to check on something.”

Chen frowned deeply because of extreme irritation that the younger just gave him. So what’s the connection of being here when his Dad called him an hour ago? He held his temples. “Why are you here at this moment?” He couldn’t stop the sting in his voice that made Tao laughed nervously. This guy is quite slow most of the time. His mind completely flew out of his head and landed on his own feet. “He wanted me to tell you after you went out of your room that he’ll be back before dinner because you need to talk about important matters,” He explained, scratching his head because of his forgetfulness.

And when he says ‘important matters’ he literally meant ‘he’ll bombard me with comments, demands and accusations.’ Chen thought. How great is my life.

“Yeah, okay. I’ll get going now. Do you mind to drop me off the mall?” Chen opened the door and threw Tao his butler’s hat that Chen happens to pick up beside the door frame a while ago.

“It’s my job, Sir. Do you really need to ask?” Tao smirked as he wore his hat and cheerfully went outside.

 

~Mall~

After his mom’s phone call, Xiumin got bored. He’s got nothing to do and his beloved rebellious sister is mad at him at the moment. She probably threw everything in her classroom because of irritation. That’s just who she is. Xiumin settled on cooking Daeyle’s favourite stew as a peace offering but there are no ingredients in the fridge.

So right now, he’s roaming around the supermarket looking for the last item on his list---“Aha!” He placed the pepper inside his basket and walked towards the counter. He was so glad that it was a weekday; there are only a few people inside. The sun was also giving off this heat that makes people just want to stay inside their cold and air-conditioned houses. Xiumin doesn’t know if he should thank Mr. Wu that he got suspended or what because 1.) he wouldn’t have to deal with this heat in school, 2.) He will have to stay inside his room for the rest of the day and 3.) He wouldn’t have to deal with a duck monster cutely disgustingly named Chen.

Xiumin was paying his purchases with his credit card. “Here you go, Sir. Thank you for shopping!” The cashier handed him his card and smiled cheerfully at him. She has curves on the corner of her lips and her eyes smile was sweet, just like someone he knew. “Jong...”

The cashier looked at him with a perplexed look. “Uh...do you need help with you bag, Sir?”

Xiumin shook his head abruptly. He bowed apologetically and snatched his green bag with ingredients. He started walking away with one arm covering half of his face. He could feel his face burn up in front of a woman because he just remembered someone he should despise because the other despises him, as well. And he can still feel himself blushing at the moment.

“Geez,” Xiumin sighed.

All of a sudden, his green bag was on the mall’s floor with his shattered purchases. The vegetables were on the floor and the others were rolling away. And the pepper that he put so much effort in finding were on the floor being blown away by the small wind by the people passing by. That bump had made a great impact. The guy was on the ground, probably because of the force the bump gave him. (Xiumin’s quite muscular, that can’t be helped.)

“Ow...”

Wait... Xiumin thought. “Chen?” Xiumin asked.

Chen looked up when he heard the voice. What the hell? He thought. “You! Watch where you’re going, you idiot,” He shouted. He stood up from the ground, rubbing his jeans. He glanced around and saw different vegetables and seasoning spread out on the floor. He saw Xiumin’s red face. (Maybe because he’s mad? But he was the one who bumped me!)

Xiumin clenched his fists. He spent his money for that and he saved that money for emergency purposes. But he guessed it was such a waste now since everything was ruined by this stupid duck that he shouldn’t be thinking about. But he shouldn’t let this guy go because he was the one who ruined everything for Xiumin. “Look here, head. You were the one who wrecked my items!” He pointed on the floor then crossed his arms. Chen’s brown eyes just looked at him. Xiumin raised a brow.

Chen just crossed his arms. “You weak pathetic creature, you’re putting the blame on me?”

Xiumin blew his bangs. He can’t believe this. “Well, what do you expect me to do? Blame myself when you’re the one at fault?”

“Me?! You’re the one who bumped me, !” Chen pointed.

“ you! You bumped me! Not the other way around,” Xiumin poked Chen’s forehead causing the other to take a few steps back.

“Hey! Don’t you dare touch me with those filthy hands!” He rubbed his forehead.

“Wha...? Filthy hands?! You call these filthy hands when I use sanitizer and alcohol for thousands of reasons and you’re not even included in those reasons, idiot! So don’t push your luck, duck face!”

Chen pushed him. “Ha! Being so high and mighty now are we? You think you’re so clean when you’re not!”

“OH YEAH? WELL, HOW ABOUT SOMEONE LIKE YOU, HUH? THINK YOU’RE SO PERFECT? THINK AGAIN, EMPTY BRAIN!”

People were starting to look at them with all those shouting and screaming. Some people think their crazy and started walking away from them.

“EMPTY BRAIN?! WHY, YOU! I AM NOT AN EMPTY BRAIN, YOU EMPTY BRAIN!”

“STOP COPYING MY INSULTS!”

“I’M NOT COPYING IT! YOU’RE THE COPYCAT, YOU HEAD!”

“THAT’S MINE, HEAD!”

“HOW DARE YOU! THAT’S MINE!”

“MINE!”

“MINE!”

“MIIIIIIIIIIINE!” They screamed on the top of their lungs in chorus. A security guard came to join in.

“Sirs, do we have a problem here? Do you want use to give you a solution of getting banned?” He asked politely dangerous.

The two of them were frozen at their spot. The guard was staring at them intently with his piercing gaze. Xiumin loves this place and he couldn’t bear to be separated from his favourite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter