War on Hormone: Jungkook (1/3)

Dark & Wild

Okay so I was originally going to write a story about Jungkook revolving around War of Hormone and then I got a request (on my tumblr) to do a story where the lyrics to War of Hormone are based on the reader and that BTS was really good friends with reader, so I kinda combined my two ideas.

Anyway this ended up wayy wayy too long for a one-shot (in my opinion), so I made it two parts (hopefully it will only be two parts) haha, anyway the second part should be up tomorrow or Saturday~

Jungkook walked into his first class excited to start out in college. He was the last of his friends to get to college but it felt good to be apart of them .He took to the back of the classroom, sitting by the window. He looked out to the front and smiled, unable to hide his eager mood. He checked his phone for the time and the teacher sauntered in slamming her books on the desk. She smiled to the students happily and started writing on the board. “First thing first, I am not your friend but we can be friends if you are good and proficient in my class-”

 

The door.

 

“And on time.” She turned to the person who was tardy and raised a perfectly groomed eyebrow. She sighed and waved off the girl who bowed mumbling an apology that Jungkook could just barely hear from his seat. The girl’s glanced over the classroom, to look for a seat. She then hurried towards the back and took the seat next to him, placing the excessive amount of textbooks on the floor next to her with a thud. She pulled out a notebook and a pen with a dangling accessory on it and started to chew the end of it.

 

From his spot he could get a good view of the girl. She was pretty- no- beautiful. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun and her round glasses framed her face in the most flattering way. Her cheeks were kind of large but her eyes looked as if she had a permanent cat eye; her lips were plump and her pout looked even cuter as she bit on the end of the neon colored piece of plastic. Jungkook was struck by her beauty. Mystified. Intrigued-

 

“May I help you? You’re kind of staring…”

 

“Uh- I- sorry,” his cheeks grew pink and he slapped his face and stared ahead again, muttering stupid repeatedly; he started absentmindedly started to write notes. He managed to steal a few glances at the girl, starstruck at her beauty; From the way her lips pulled into a smile when she understood what was going on to how she would frustratedly slump backwards into her seat and pout whenever the teacher mentioned something would be on a test.

“Okay class, make sure you study and read as there may or may not be a quiz tomorrow! Goodbye.”

 

Groans erupted from the class as the other students began to file out of the room.

 

“Ya.”

 

Blink.

 

“Hey.”

 

Jungkook looked around him, she couldn’t be addressing him, not after he probably creeped her out with his staring.

 

“Yes, you, you idiot,” the girk waved a hand infront of his face, “do you have the stuff that she gave out in the beginnning, you know, cause I was late and all. I’ll give it back but can I borrow it?” She bit her lip, out of nervousness or something, he couldn’t tell.

 

“Yeah here,” he dug around in his backpack and fished out the packet which she gladly snatched. “Thank you~” She reached for his phone, pulling out of his pocket and forced him to unlock it. Once unlocked she messed around on a few screens and smiled. “There, so when I have it copied I’ll text you and we can meet up and I can give it back to you.” She turned to her stuff and grabbed all of it, balancing the books with ease. She reached for her phone locating the text she sent herself (or so he figured).

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Jungkook.”

 

“Kay, thanks Jungkookie, I’ll text you okay?” Then she made her exit.

 

He stared at his phone.

 

Hyejeong.

 

Blink.

 

“Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.”

 

 

“Yoongi-ah, I haven’t seen you in so long. The summer break left me without a daily Yoongi smile.” The group shared a hearty laugh before settling down again. “How’s all your classes, are you still slacking off Namjoon?”

 

“Psh, it’s not slacking off when you’re passing the classes with flying colors,” he said defensively, throwing a french fry at the girl.

 

She dodged the fry and put her hands up. “Kidding, kidding.”

 

“What about you Hyejeong?”

 

She leaned back in her chair and let out a long sigh. “Ah well I was late to my first class today, and the teacher was all passive aggressive about it. So I borrowed the packet from some kid, ah what was his name… Jungkook! Right. He was kinda creepy, he stared at me in class,” she pushed her bangs out of her face and smiled to her two friends, “where’s Jimin and Taehyung?”

 

 

“Dude, I’m telling you, like hottest chick sits next to me in English.” Jungkook walked through the school’s bookstore trailing behind his friends, “uh-huh.” They both spoke in unison, with mild interest, more concentrated on the books they were buying.

 

“Jungkook if this is the thing you are worried about, then I believe you need to reevaluate your life.”

 

“Jimin, a girl like that just doesn’t walk into the classroom and sits next to a guy like me when there are other seats available.”

 

“I found it!” The two of them looked to Taehyung who gained the attention of half of the store before ignoring his strange antics.”

 

“Jungkook, maybe she prefers seats in the back, it’s not rocket science but you’re making it rocket science, which, if I remember, none of us are studying.” He chuckled at his younger friend, “You’re so stupid sometimes it baffles me.” He walked away to the cash register.

 

“Hey, I not that stupid okay.” He followed behind his two friends out of the store.

 

Jimin scoffed, “sure you aren’t.”

 

“I have her number.”

 

Taehyun crashed into Jimin.

 

“Well that changes everything.” Jimin.

 

“Why didn’t you say that in the first place. And, ow.” Taehyung.

“Oh but you guys weren’t interested, so,” Jungkook trailed off his word and walked away, hands in his pockets.

 

“That was before you said that you have her number. What’s her name and does she have hot friends?” Jimin hurried to try to catch up and Taehyung was trailing not too far behind him.


“Her name is Hyejeong.”