August 12, 2009

June 17, 2014

***Jeongmin and college have both graduated high school; Jeongmin is in college, Hyunseong is opening a bakery***

 

OPEN

The neon sign to Hyunseong's new bakery lit up for the first time, signalling the start to a new business, and a new day. Jeongmin stood from the bench and happily skipped inside, beaming at his friend.

"Good morning! Ahh ~ am I the first customer?" Jeongmin asked in mock oblivion. In truth, he had been waiting outside for the past hour just so he could be the first to buy from Hyunseong.

"Why yes you are, sir! How can I help you this fine morning?" Hyunseong responded, giving his signature eye smile. Jeongmin giggled to himself as he couldn't help but think Hyunseong looked a bit like an ahjumma with his floral apron tied tightly around his waist.

“Hmmm...I’ll have one of those chocolate chip muffins!” Jeongmin exclaimed, pointing towards a freshly baked batch.

“Yes sir!” Hyunseong responded, bowing slightly. As he brought the bag to the cashier, he discretely snuck a few cookies inside. “That’ll be ₩1,500.”

Jeongmin dug a few bills out of his wallet and handed them over, accepting the bag with a beaming smile. He peaked inside and saw the cookies. With a laugh, he pulled one out and held it up to Hyunseong, who gratefully bit into it.

“Mmmm, delicious! Try it!” Hyunseong said.

Jeongmin stuffed the rest of the cookie into his mouth and his eyes lit up. “Wah ~ hyung! This is amazing!”

Hyunseong chuckled and added two more cookies to the bag. “Make sure to eat a healthy lunch too, not just cookies!” he said sternly.

“Yes, omma. I’ll be off to class, then.”

“Have fun. Hwaiting!” Hyunseong called after him.

“Hwaiting!” Jeongmin called back before turning around and skipping off. He smiled to himself. Hyunseong’s dream was finally coming true, so now he had to work even harder to accomplish his own.

“Hwaiting, Jeongmin,” he said to himself, holding up a fist. With that, he headed off to his music theory class, full of energy.

 

----

Sorry this is so short! I promise the next chapter will be longer!

Have a nice week and thank you for supporting <3