September 20, 2005

June 17, 2014

***All characters are in middle school***

 

 

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon, and the group of six friends decided to spend their day off with a game of soccer. With tons of exams and school activities going on all year, they all cherished these days. None of them were particularly great at the sport, although Jeongmin tended to get quite competitive and try to score as many goals as he possibly could.

"Here, I'm open!" yelled Jeongmin. Youngmin passed the ball to him, allowing Jeongmin to kick it past Donghyun and towards the goal. Kwangmin, the goalie, dived to stop the ball, but it merely bounced off his head with a loud thump and into the net.

"YESSS GOAL GOAL GOAL!!!" exclaimed an overly excited Minwoo as he and Youngmin rushed over to congratulate their teammate, meanwhile Donghyun stormed off to scold his "idiotic" friend.

"Hyung you're the best! That was so cool" Minwoo yelled, high fiving Jeongmin.

"Yeah hyung! Nice shot!" Youngmin said before rushing over to tend to his sulking brother.

"Ya, what was that? You can't even block a simple goal without hitting your precious head?" Youngmin inquired smugly.

"Look, Youngie! A unicorn!" Words slurred out of the younger twin's mouth as he pointed off into the distance, where there was nothing but grass. "Waah ~ TWO unicorns! They're so pretty."

Donghyun and Youngmin exchanged worried glances. "Kwangmin, how many fingers am I holding up?" Youngmin asked, raising three fingers in the air.

Kwangmin giggled. "Silly unicorn. You don't have fingers, that's a hoof!"

"Kwangmin, come on. We need to get you to the nurse's office," Donghyun said, dragging the younger to his feet.

"Candy Mountain? Sounds like fun! Can I ride the unicorn?" Kwangmin asked gleefully.

"Sure, whatever floats your boat," said an exasperated Youngmin as the younger clambered onto his back. The trio left for the nurse's office, Youngmin carrying Kwangmin piggy-back style while Donghyun followed closely to make sure the twin didn't lose his grip.

Jeongmin and Minwoo watched with worried expressions. "Kwangmin sure is a special kid," said a voice coming from behind them. The two turned to see Hyunseong shaking his head.

"I feel bad for kicking the ball so hard...I was just so into it.." Jeongmin muttered guiltily, scratching the back of his head.

"Ya, it's not your fault," Hyunseong said as he ruffled the younger's hair and smiled at him reassuringly. Jeongmin beamed back at him. The younger had a way of getting absorbed in his actions, sometimes to the point that he or someone else would get hurt. He just needed to be reminded that he wasn't to blame.

“Can we play a little more? We can just practice shooting and blocking goals!” Minwoo exclaimed, looking at his two hyungs with pleading eyes.

“OK, just a little more,” Hyunseong said. He rushed over to the goalie position, standing in a defensive position. Jeongmin and Minwoo took turns taking shots, some making it in and some not. After a while Jeongmin switched to be goalie.

“Have fun, shortie!” Hyunseong said teasingly as they passed each other. Jeongmin stuck his tongue out at him. The other two took a few shots, and Jeongmin did a surprisingly good job at blocking them; only one or two made their way into the goal.

“Who were you calling shortie?” Jeongmin yelled triumphantly. Hyunseong just laughed and kicked the ball into one of the higher corners of the net way over the younger’s head, thinking that there was no way he could reach it. Jeongmin made a running jump and leapt into the air with hands reaching out towards the ball, just barely missing it. He then fell onto his ankle at an awkward angle, resulting in searing pain rushing through his body.

“AAAHH MY ANKLE!! THE PAIN!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN TO ME??” Jeongmin screamed, clutching his ankle.

Hyunseong and Minwoo rushed over to assess the problem. “Yah! What happened to the charismatic soccer player you were just a few minutes ago?” Hyunseong joked, trying to calm his friend down. When Jeongmin only responded with sobs, the elder sighed and picked him up bridal style to carry him to the nurse’s office. Minwoo insistently followed behind, fretting over the fact that two of his hyungs had gotten hurt in such a short amount of time.

They soon arrived at the infirmary, where the annoyed nurse hurriedly examined Jeongmin's ankle.

"Another soccer accident?? Can't you guys just be a little more careful?" she asked, exasperated. Minwoo and Hyunseong bowed apologetically.

As it turned out, Jeongmin had fractured his ankle and was to remain in crutches for the next two months.

“WHAT??” Jeongmin screeched upon hearing the news. “THEN HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GO TO AND FROM SCHOOL OR WALK AROUND OR DANCE??”

“Shhh, shhh, Jeongmin, it’ll be okay,” Hyunseong said reassuringly. “Two months isn’t that bad, and I’ll be there to help you.”

“Me too, hyung! I can carry your books for you when you’re at school!” Minwoo exclaimed, ready to do anything to help his beloved hyung.

Jeongmin smiled. “Thanks guys, you’re the best friends I could ask for!”

The three kept talking as they waited for Jeongmin’s mother to arrive, and were eventually joined by Donghyun and Youngmin, as they had heard Jeongmin screaming and came to see what was going on. Though his ankle was throbbing, Jeongmin was still content to be with his friends. Having these people in his life made him realize that he was never alone, and there was nothing more he could ask for.

 

 

 

----

 

I hope you guys liked this chapter! I just had my first week of school and it looks like this will be a busy year, so I might end up updating much less frequently...I'm sorry! I'll do my best to write whenever I get the chance! You can also follow my tumblr (http://sharebearthecarebear.tumblr.com/) for more Boyfriend stuff or to yell at me for not updating ^^

 

Have a nice week and thank you so much for all the support!! <3