Chapter 2

My Beautiful Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nana wanted to make her mood better. So she went to the rooftop where she fell asleep this morning, hoping she could meet the red jacket’s owner there. And Bbang!! When she arrived in the rooftop, she was startled when she saw the red-haired tall boy with his Converse, black jeans and black t-shirt there.

“P-Park.. Are you Park… Park…” Nana tried to remember his name but she failed.

“It’s Park Chanyeol, anyway.” The red-haired tall boy smiled. Nana was stunned at the moment. It was the warmest smile she had ever seen. His cheeks looked so puffy like pillows. The boy was cute. It was a strange combination; cute puppy face, manly voice, and fairy ears, but it didn’t make him ugly. Instead, he looked more charismatic. And his eyes, she liked it. It hypnotized her.

“Aa.. Umm.. I.. have.. umm..” Nana stammered. Nana was still too busy admiring that smile, those eyes.

“My jacket, right?” Chanyeol guessed as he saw his jacket in Nana’s arm.

“Ahh yes. Yes, you’re right. By the way, was that you who covered me with this?” Nana got her consciousness back.

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“I’m sorry. I heard you cried before you slept. It was winter and you wore a short dress. You slept on the floor and I thought that must’ve been cold and-” Chanyeol stopped his words when Nana kissed his right cheek. It was so sudden that Chanyeol was lost of words. His heart suddenly skipped a beat.

‘Nana!!!! What was that for, you idiot??!!’ Nana surprised herself. She couldn’t help herself. Chanyeol’s pillow-ey cheeks hypnotized her. She did that out of her consciousness.

“Thank you. So, this… your jacket, and sorry, about that. Really. Thank you and-” Nana blushed. She planned to leave as fast as possible, but when was about to turn around, she felt like time had stopped a moment. Chanyeol held her wrist. Nana could feel her heart skipped a beat.

“You can’t leave me twice, you sleeping beauty.” Chanyeol smirked and that gave Nana goosebumps.

‘Twice? B-But, when?’

“Don’t you remember? The boy whom you bumped into this morning was me. You ran away after saying sorry.”

‘Dammit!! So, he was.. Oh god, please kill me now, please.’

Chanyeol released Nana’s wrist as she turned around to face him. She stared at the boy from his sneakers until his top of head for a moment. Chanyeol pulled her hand and shook it with his.

“My name is Park Chanyeol. You can call me Chanyeol. What’s your name, sleeping beauty?” he smiled like an idiot.

Nana couldn’t help but laughed. “Kim Nana. Just call me Nana, not sleeping beauty.” Nana answered him with her smile.

“It’s nice to see you, Kim Nana-ssi.” Chanyeol were still holding her hand while he gazed at her.

“Yea haha.. It’s nice to see you too and if you don’t mind,, I think my hand,, ummm..” Nana smiled awkwardly as she pointed at the hand Chanyeol held with her left hand.

Chanyeol pulled his hand away quickly. “Oh.. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. I-Im sorry..”

“Ahh.. It’s okay. Umm, I think I have to go. I have a class and.... It’s okay if I leave you, right?” Nana smiled.

“Of course.. Hmm we can talk later, right? Or tomorrow? Or ...” Chanyeol looked embarrassed.

“Haha of course. See you Park Chanyeol-ssi.” Nana waved her hand, her eyes sparkling. It was enough to make Chanyeol blushed.

 

-oo-

 

All classes has done for today. Nana went back to her dorm. She opened the door and she was welcomed by her suitcases. She sent the stuffs two days earlier. At first, she planned to bring the stuffs to the dorm alone. But she was too lazy to leave her bedroom. So she asked her driver to drop it into her dorm. There were no regulations that required students to stay in the dorm, but Nana chose to leave her home and stay in the KU’s dorm. She thought the dorm was better than home. She always hates her house. It was too quiet. Her parents were always busy with their company. All they needed to know was that their children can live, eat, attend school, and have enough money. They always sent money to their children every month, but all Nana and Taeyeon wanted were their time, their presence and their love. It was the reason why Nana moved to Daejeon and lived with her grandparents. It was also why Taeyeon went to Australia to study. But because Daejeon had a lot of memories about Nana and Kris, Nana went back to Seoul again. But still, she wouldn’t to live in her house.

Nana arranged her clothes one by one into drawers until she was stunned for a moment. She stared at her white dress. It was a birthday gift from Kris. Her tears started to fall down her cheeks. Nana wiped it quickly as she put the white dress into her drawers and closed it. Nana stood up and walked to her bed. She sat on the edge of her bed then she lay down as a long sigh escaped . She closed her eyes as tears fell down from her tired eyes, but she didn’t wipe it like before. All memories about Kris were still fresh in her mind. She still remembered how silly he was, when he acted like a cold-city guy. How cute he was, with confusion written on his face when he didn’t understand something. How happy they were, when they took pictures together, all of his poses; from the ugly faces ‘till the gorgeous faces. She liked it, no, she loved it. And how amazing his lips tasted when they were against hers. Yes, their kisses. She remembered when they both kissed for the last time. It was a week before he went to China leaving her. She sighed again as she opened her eyes. She faced her body to the right and saw her clock. It was 5.30p.m. She realized that she hadn’t eaten anything. Then she decided to go out looking for some food.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter