Chapter 1

My Beautiful Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was 6.30a.m. Nana killed the noisy alarm as she opened her eyes slowly. Nana got out from her red blanket lazily and tried to get up from her bed. She walked to her bathroom and took a shower.

After she took a shower, she started to look for her dress. Today was Nana’s first day of college at one of the top universities in Korea. Today was her first day, but she felt unhappy. She felt empty and lonely. Since Kris decided to go back to China and left her alone. He never once called her since the day he was gone.

“Just calm your mind Nana. It’s gonna be alright. You only have to attend classes, study as hard as you can and go back to your dorm when you’re done. That’s it. It’s easy Nana, it’s easy.” She set her mind while she talked to herself in front of a full-body mirror.

When she was ready to go to Campus she started to look for something again. Something she never forgot to bring everywhere. Her phone, of course. She pressed the unlock button and Kris picture appeared. It’s just one of her habits when she was Kris’s girl. She smirked for a second and went to Campus.

 

-oo-

 

“Whoa,,, I can’t believe this. This Campus is unbelievably large and spacious.” Nana’s eyes sparkled.

“Of course baby.. Have you never been here before?” someone behind her, asked suddenly.

‘IS HE CALLING ME.... BABY? WHO’S THAT ING GUY?’

Nana looked back and was surprised to see a milky white skin guy with his mischievous smile at her. She stunned for a few moments until she realized. She then she turned away and left the guy.

“Hey girl, what’s your name? I’m Baekhyun, by the way.” He shouted to Nana but Nana kept walking away. The guy named Baekhyun only stared at her back.

’Cih,, what kind of guys giving his name to someone new so easily.’ Nana muttered to herself.

‘Nano-yah.. Don’t you remember me?” Baekhyun smiled to Nana’s back.

Korea University (KU). The Campus was the biggest in Korea because this Campus had at least 25 buildings; 2 for boy’s dorm, 2 for girl’s dorm, 8 for high school, 10 for campus and there are many buildings for library, art studios, sports, etc. Baekhyun had passed his high school at KU too, so he knew the Campus well while Nana had never been in the place before because she didn’t pass her high school at KU.

Nana went to the information services and took the map of KU. She turned around but suddenly she bumped into a boy’s chest with a height about 185cm causing her to nearly fall. The boy who she bumped into held her shoulders by reflex.

“Oh my God. I-I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” She apologized while bowing her body for many times because she felt guilty.

“Oh.. It’s okay. I’m fine.” The boy answered friendly.

After Nana heard that he was okay, she ran away, leaving the boy.

‘Why does she run away?’ the boy was full of confusion on his face.   

“What’s wrong with you, Nana. Just calm your mind!! Don’t you dare to think about him in your first college day!” She mumbled while hitting herself in the head.

“Him? Who? Me?”

Nana escaped a long sigh ‘Okay I’m tired.. why do I have to meet that freak guy again?’

“It’s not your business anyway. I don’t know you and you don’t know me. So, get out of my way, please.” Nana smirked to the guy whom she labeled ‘a freak guy’.

“I’m sorry beautiful Nana. My name is Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. And I just met you in ...”

“Whatever!!” Nana left the boy directly even if he hadn’t completed his words.

‘I can’t believe this. What’s wrong with him? And how can he know my name? Ahh.. he must’ve heard that one. Now you’re dumb Nana.’ she talked to herself

Nana walked along the corridor and she had forgotten the annoying conversation with a guy named Byun Baekhyun. Now, she was confused, which direction she had to go. The KU’s Map had gone nowhere.

“Right or left? Right or Left? Right or...” her confusion stopped when her phone was ringing. She was so shocked when she looked at the screen. It was Kris. Kris was calling her. Nana didn’t answer it. Kris called again and Nana still didn’t want to answer. Kris called over and over. Nana grew frustrated. She was going to answer the call but it was too late. Kris had stopped calling her. Nana ran and cried at the same time even if she didn’t know where to go. She kept running up stairs, continuing to go to the top no matter how her legs felt so tired. She then arrived at the rooftop of the building. Not too clean, but also not too dirty to be a place to calm down herself. She cried. She hated herself. She hated hers

Please log in to read the full chapter