Let me have (a piece of) you

Believe in your self(ies)

 

It’s starts with a picture but it’s possible it started earlier than that too, we could say it started with a beautiful boy with untamed bright hair running late to his 11am English lecture class, or maybe with a hungry student looking for test subjects for his newest portfolio piece or even their meeting, when beautiful bright boy knocks into the hungry student and promises coffee as apology but ends up giving him so much more.

But for the sake of the story let’s say it starts with the picture and go from there.

“Aren’t those my socks?”

Yoongi bites at the loose pieces of skin on his chapped lip, tongue swiping into the cracks left behind by the cool fall air, the last remnants of summer only present in the darker shade of his body and the awkward patches where the light tan meets snow white.

With a quick press of a button he switches the picture on the screen, for this particular photo stream it seems Taehyung had gotten a hold of his camera (again) because all of the pictures he had reviewed were all silly selfies of his boyfriend, some in various weird poses while others seemed like normal selca’s. However one caught his eye, Yoongi zoomed in. It was a shot of Taehyung lying down feet propped behind him as he winked at the camera. A couple more clicks and the area of the feet completely overtook the screen and aha there, in their bright obnoxious glory, where Yoongi’s socks, on Taehyungs feet.

A gag Christmas present from Hoseok a while back, bright green Christmas tree socks. Yoongi never wore them but he treasured them all the same. So when they had gone missing a week ago, you can only imagine his frustration as he tore up his apartment searching for them and yet, here they were, taken what looked to be recently on Yoongi’s expensive school camera that he hates when people use without permission.

He fished out his phone from his pocket, writing out a quick text before he thought too much about the situation. Subtlety was never his strong suit.

To: Taehyungah…<3

Did you take my socks?

The reply came almost a bit too soon, which was suspicious considering the other was supposed to be in class right now.

Sorry hyung :( my feet were cold the day I stayed over so I borrowed some and forgot to tell you sooorrryyy

Yoongi sighed, who in the world even borrows someone’s socks to begin with? Oh wait, it’s Taehyung, his alien boyfriend is probably not even from this world. Yoongi’s phone vibrates in his palm, signaling another message.

It’s a picture of Taehyung, eyebrows down casted and a noticeable pout on his face, the background showing a few empty rows of the lecture hall he was in. Yoongi felt his eye twitch and he send out a quick message.

Don’t take selfies during class you idiot! Also…just keep the dumb socks they look better on you anyway.

The reply came in a form of a kissy emojji and a heart and Yoongi wondered why he even bothered anymore.

*

Taehyung was, well, to put it plainly, attractive. Yoongi had a hot boyfriend and nothing failed to remind him of the fact, whether it was the amount of likes on his instagram photos or Yoongi’s drunken friends congratulating and questioning how he got “that .” (He doesn’t mention it’s really the other way around, because honestly Taehyung was the one who came to him, who asked him out for coffee who sent him obnoxious memes at 3am that kept Yoongi laughing more than he ever had in his 21 years of living and its Taehyung now that sends him a copious amounts of selfies on the daily basis but hey, Yoongi has an album on his phone dedicated to them so who’s complaining, not him.)

However having a super fine boyfriend does have its one downfall (amongst the sea of perks); it makes it quite hard to concentrate, especially on things that matter.

It’s nearing midnight and Yoongi can already tell he’s going to pull an all-nighter. His still life project is due the next day and Yoongi’s barely managed to organize which shots he’s going to use in the showcase, now all that’s left is to edit them but that’s time consuming in itself. A notice pops up on his phone, Yoongi’s about 90% sure he should ignore it but the yellow snap chat icon draws him in and how much could 10 seconds distract him?

It’s from Taehyung and if Yoongi had any sense he would exit right then and there but it’s late and his brain is fuzzy so he clicks the snap and it opens up a pic of his boyfriend, lying on his back at a peculiar angle giving the camera a look Yoongi really doesn’t need to be seeing right now. The caption reads ‘im bored’ and if that wasn’t bad enough the imagine switches to a black screen afterword’s with ‘come play with me’ written smack dab in the center.

Yoongi drops his phone with a loud curse, he feels like banging his head on his desk, or jumping out a window but the imagine of Taehyung lying seductively has permanently been burned into his subconscious so that every time he closes his eyes it’s all he sees. It’s ridiculous, so ridiculous Yoongi misses entirely the familiar hat on Taehyung’s head, the Chicago bulls beanie that Yoongi fought vigorously for on an online auction.

He sits still for a moment wallowing in the loss of a potential A grade before he’s swiveling out of the chair, pulling on a coat as he leaves his empty dorm. He could never put anything before Tae, especially when he hasn’t seen his boyfriend in nearly a week due to busy schedules on both parts.

But of course, Tae wouldn’t be Tae if he actually made sense, that’s why the minute Yoongi sets a foot through the door and into Taehyung’s house slippers, which look suspiciously like the pair Yoongi lost a while ago, he’s handed a red controller and forced down onto the couch the blaring of Mortal Kombat music playing over the speakers of Tae’s TV.

Yoongi’s face quickly drops into a scowl as he glares at his excited and overly happy boyfriend, seated next to him with a matching blue controller and wearing nothing but a tee shirt and boxers. “You know, when you said for me to come over and play, this isnt what I expected.” Yoongi deadpans, turning his face towards the screen as Taehyung picks Sub Zero, Yoongi’s scowl deepens, he wanted that character.

Taehyung just gives him an incredulous look, twisting his body until he drapes his legs over Yoongi’s lap, leaning his back on the arm rest. “Well, what did you expect?” He voices slowly, tone deep in a way that sends shivers down the older male’s spine but that knowing look on Taehyung’s face sets Yoongi’s insides on fire. The little knows.

He manages to keep it together for about three seconds before Yoongi becomes almost hyper aware of the way one of Taehyung’s legs is teasingly moving back and forth on his lap. Yoongi chucks the controller out of his hands and pounces on Taehyung, blocking out the younger male’s shocked giggles with his mouth.

Yoongi gets a B grade by some miraculous chance the next day but he’s so sleepily satisfied from the previous night that he can’t be bothered to care about anything other than the morning pictures he took of Taehyung while the younger was passed out on the cramped bed, morning dawn highlighting his features and hair mused and splattered against the white pillows. Yoongi smiles and figures he should just make his final portfolio a giant album of Taehyung pictures, lord knows he has enough subject material.

*

“Ok, now I know something’s ing with me.”

“What do you mean?” Hoseok drawls from the couch, lying face down as he scrolls through his phone, abandoned books surrounding him on the floor from their previous study session before Yoongi got hungry and decided to make them a snack.

“My spatula is gone!” Yoongi exclaims as he urgently looks through his drawers, utensils clattering against each other as he shuffles through them. “How does someone even lose a spatula?!” This is getting out of hand, Yoongi knows there’s no possible way he’s misplaced it. Did someone break in and steal it?

“Uhh, I think that might be your least concern here.” Hoseok replies warily and Yoongi’s eyebrows draw forward, abandoning his early upset in favor of walking towards his best friend. “You wouldn’t know someone by the name of Namjoon would you?” Hoseok continues and something uncomfortable sets in the older males stomach, his friend just wordlessly hands Yoongi his phone, screen showing Taehyung’s latest instagram post. The picture was of him and an unknown male, looking awfully chummy in matching chef’s hats as Taehyung wore a big grin, holding up a spatula with what looked to be cream on his cheek. The male next to him was sporting a dimpled smile and a cheeky gaze, the caption underneath read Cooking with Namjoon Hyung!

Yoongi gasped, and Hoseok quickly tried to do damage control. “I’m sure it’s nothi-”

“That’s my ing spatula!” Yoongi cuts off, eyes glued to the metallic utensil in Taehyung’s hands, he’s starting to sense a pattern here. Images of previous times he’s caught Taehyung with his stuff starts flashing through his head. He could care less about this Namjoon person, trusting Taehyung too much for that.

“Wait, what?” Hoseok stutters eyes traveling back and forth between the picture on his phone and Yoongi’s flabbergasted expression. “I knew he was weird but stealing a spatula? Or more importantly how did you not notice?”

Yoongi frowned and threw the phone back at Hoseok, giving the younger male a mini heart attack as he floundered to grab it before it came into contact with any hard surfaces; he knows all too well the horror stories of a cracked screen.

“Yeah he’s weird but only I’m allowed to call him that.” Yoongi snipes back earning him rolled eyes from his friend. “And he has a key to my place, I guess he must of stopped by while I was sleeping or something. Aishhh that kid has a habit of borrowing my stuff without asking.”

“Damn, sounds like he practically lives here.” Hoseok chimes and never had a simple sentence like that solved so many of Yoongi’s problems in one go.

“Hobi you’re a genius.” The older male chuckles in revelation and Hoseok only raises an eyebrow but questions nothing. Taehyung has rubbed off too much on Yoongi it seems.

*

He catches him in the act, ironically enough, when Yoongi comes home early one day after finding out a class was canceled, only to stumble into Taehyung as he left Yoongi’s apartment, cradling the older male’s expensive body wash in hand.

Things are at a standby, Taehyung with his wide doe eyes and guilty expression and Yoongi with his look of disbelief. “Umm I can explain?” Taehyung starts, eyes darting to the ground as he shuffles his feet and it looks really cute, he always knows how to play at Yoongi’s strings.

The older male keeps his face (for the most part) composed and only raises a brow to prompt the other to continue.

“I needed to borrow some body wash?” Tae starts weakly but after sensing his boyfriend not budging tries again. “and the spatula?”

 “And my socks? And beanie? And house slippers? Jesus Tae.” Yoongi finally breaks and almost feels guilty by how embarrassed Taehyung looks, heavy blush on his face as he worries his lower lip but the older wills himself to keep going, the windup will make everything worth it in the end he tells himself.

“You know, there’s a way for you to stop stealing my stuff.”

Taehyung’s face pales and Yoongi doesn’t have time to frown and wonder what went wrong before the other is butting in. “Oh my god are you breaking up with me?”

Yoongi splutters as whatever he was going to say gets stuck in his throat, how in the world did Tae come to that conclusion?

“What? no! I-I was going to ask if you wanted to move in...with me...” The older male trails off, feeling a wave of shyness wash over him. This definitely wasn’t the way he planned to ask them to move in together, his imagination picturing more cheesy scenarios with candles or something, but Taehyung is grinning from ear to ear and approaching Yoongi with shy steps that the older can’t help but mimic his grin.

He feels two arms encircle his waist and Yoongi lets himself be pulled into Taehyung, nose pressed into the soft skin of the others neck as he inhales “So is that a yes?” Yoongi presses, because he’s always been a little insecure and having audible confirmation that someone likes you enough to spend the better part of the day together, to share the same bed and shower to sleep to their snores and wake up to their yawns, is always nice.

Taehyung pulls back, just a little, enough to twist his head and align his mouth with Yoongi’s, their noses brushing softly. “I don’t know, what do you think?” He whispers and Yoongi feels it on his lips before it’s replaced with a hot wet mouth and Yoongi thinks that probably means yes.