Song

A Song For A Friend

Song

Please take it away,
this love that opened my eyes to you
Why did you come to me without caution,
without sound and shake me up?

TTS - Love Sick (Seohyun)
 

Jungshin looked at the silent Seohyun sitting at the right end of the cafeteria with her friends. They were laughing like there was no tomorrow but the latter just played around with her fork, twisting the spaghetti that was left uneaten seeing how she was practically staring at Jung Yonghwa for every single minute.

Jungshin narrowed his eyes judgingly at his heartless hyung that was bumping fist with the ‘hip hop’ gang stopping by at their table. Once, they left the table Jungshin nudge his hyung. “Why don’t you talk to Seohyun, hyung?”

“I can’t talk to her.” He answered flatly.

“Why?”

“I feel dizzy when I see her.”

“Is it because of the kiss?”

“Lee Jungshin!” Yonghwa stood up, hitting the table with both of his palms.

“Yaa.. it’s a taboo word.” Jonghyun said hastily at the younger guy.

“Kiss. Yeah, what’s a big deal about it? You guys don’t have feelings for each other then get over it.”

Yonghwa mouth twitched as he felt his finger curled into a fist.

“I don’t want to bring it up either hyung but come on now. You guys don’t even talk to each other. Are you proving Tiffany words then? I mean Seohyun practically walk around feeling like it was her fault when it’s not.”

“It’s not her fault alright!” Yonghwa emphasized his sentence with his loud voice. The students present in the cafeteria were practically on their toes right now looking at the band mates.

“You’re making it seems like it was hers.” Jungshin answered, annoyed.

“Rude bastard!” He exclaimed and was about to lunge at him when Seohyun ran and stood in between those two.

“STOP! What’s wrong with you two!”

“He talks like he knows everything.. this kid does!”

“I won’t talk like that if you man up, hyung!” He defended his point.

Yonghwa raised his hand trying to grab Jungshin’s collar but Seohyun’s ran to hug him. Hoping to stop the angry Yonghwa.. groaning at the troops of man that was trying to stop Yonghwa but didn’t even try to calm Jung Yonghwa down.

Yonghwa body tensed when he felt her warmth enveloping him.. and his heart.. his heart defiitely has something wrong with it so he pushed her away like she was some sort of bacteria as he dusted away his clothes from her trace.

Seohyun eyes were glistening with unshed tears as it looked betrayed with his gestures. “Sorry.” She said, her whole body was shaking but Yonghwa doesn’t even spare her a glance.

Taeyeon smacked Tiffany’s back for being the cause for such a chaos.

“What, if not they will continue being that way.. stupid kids.”

“Yaa!” Taeyeon covered Tiffany’s mouth with her hand.

“I won’t talk to you anymore.” Seohyun eyes were dejected as she said the words.

“If you don’t bother talking to her, she can always find another best friend.” Jungshin shoved his tray to the middle of the table, clearly losing his appetite. “That man wasn’t worth your precious tears.” He held her shoulder on both side and shook her lifeless body, hoping to get in some sense to her head.

“Sorry for being rude, hyung.. but you don't behave like a real hyung would that’s why I need to say something.” He said, sarcastically as he walked away from the scene.

“Lee Jungshin!” Jonghyun ran for the maknae, Minhyuk following him from the back.

Taeyeon hugged their maknae, holding her as Seohyun too walked away from her bestfriend.

“I thought you would man up, Jung Yonghwa. I remember what you told me before.. that you might.. well. So I thought, I should help you but I guess I’m just hurting our maknae.” Tiffany sighed, turning her back from Yonghwa and followed the girls.

 “What are you looking at?!” He glared the other guys that were eyeing him like he was the most disgusting person alive. Yonghwa sat back at his seat, drinking the water by himself looking very much guilty for making her cry in public like that.

***

“Look how tall Lee Kwang Soo is, it’s to be expected that it won’t be that hard for him to stop the alley oop from happening. Oh now, the ball goes to Jung Yonghwa.. Jung Yonghwa is running towards the goal post… he’s running.. but Baekhyun is blocking him but nooo.. he scores! It’s a buzzer beat! As a result, SC High School won the game.” The commentator talked through the microphone as his voice echoed through the school hall.

His basketball team mates raised him up over their shoulder, basking under the glory of the cheers when Jung Yonghwa asked them to put him down.

“I got to go.” He said to them.

“What?” The coach named Haha, asked him but he was too busy sneaking among the crowd to grab the winning ball and ran as fast as he could to the place he wanted to be the most.

‘Knock…knock’

Knocking sounds were heard on her window and she pried cautiously towards it. Her hand slowly lifted the curtain for her to check it out, hoping that it was a cat but there wasn’t anything so she opened her window to take a good look at its surrounding making sure that there was no weird ert when she felt a heavy thing bumped into her chest.

It was a basketball, ball.. thrown at her with a signature from Jung Yonghwa. She snickered and threw the ball away from her, bumping the floor for a few times.

“Psst.” A voice from outside was heard. She peeked around for his presence and yes it was indeed Jung Yonghwa climbing the fire escape, oh how she felt like closing her window and threw back the ball outside but she couldn’t do it… not when she saw how under dress Yonghwa was with her jersey and short in such a cold weather not wearing any kind of jacket to warm him down.

“Go home, oppa.” Seohyun said to him before squatting down to grab the ball back and was about to give it back to him so she stood up only to be embraced by the sweaty guy that was throwing his upper body in despite the small window gap that was enabling them to touch each other.

“I miss you.. I badly miss you.” He said huskily to her, sending her heart to the sky and she hated his effect towards her.

Seohyun tried to wiggle her way out from his tight grab but he held on tighter.

“Seo Joohyun, what’s with the noise?” Seohyun’s mom, gently knock on her daughter door.

“Nothing, omma.” Seohyun said, squirming to herself for lying so blatantly like that.

“Won’t you let me go?” She sternly said.

“Are you talking to me, Joohyun?” Her mom asked her once more, still knocking on her door.

“It’s the radio, mom.” She bitted her lips, trying to punish herself for speaking such lies again but how couldn’t she when a man that was supposed to be your daughter bestfriend was so adamant on not letting her get away from his arms.

“You, sure?”

“I’m going to turn it off now!”

“Okay, then. I will be downstairs honey. Call me if you need anything.”

“Let me go.” She hissed at him as she again tried to push him away.

“I’m not going to let you go because I like you Seo Joohyun.” He whispered just for the two of them to hear, grazing her lips with her right ear enticing her to speak the same way to him just like he did.

“Yes, I heard that a thousand times from your mouth oppa. That’s one of the most overrated words you used to me.” She gave up pushing him away.

“I’m serious. I like you as a woman.” He lets her go to look at her eyes but she withdrew herself from him. Still, Yonghwa managed to pull her wrist and lead her back to him.

“Stop joking.” She said weakly, like her entire soul was being out of her.

“I’m not. You’re a very attractive young woman and I like you. Is it wrong to feel that way?”

“It’s. When.. we are what we called each other? Hmm.. Oh right!” She nodded. “Bestfriend?” She rolled her eyes.

Yonghwa’s other hand that was free started to caress her cheek as if trying to melt her anger, away. “Bestfriend makes the best lover out of all.” He smiled, charmingly at her and she felt her heart was being crushed by her own decision.

“I just want to be honest with you and I want us to be something else. I know you like me too because my mother told me so and she beats me for hurting you the way I did. I know.. I know how much I hurt you but I wanted so much to be greedy and ask you to take me by your side again. Is it too much for me to ask?”

“No.. oppa. It’s not.”

“Then, be mine already Seo Joohyun.”

Silence was enveloping the air as Yonghwa eyes were looking at her with his smoldering gaze, asking her silently to let him in as he leaned closer trying to erase the distance between their lips. Seohyun closed her eyes and he takes it as a sign of her saying yes, so he held the back of her head groaning when his stomach slides above the rough sash.

A sudden realization hits Seohyun.

Seohyun shuts her eyes tightly than before feeling the sound of his breathing coming closer to hers. A tear escaped from the corner of her eye. “I’m going to the States.”

Her eyes were still closed not wanting to see his face but his eyes were wide open.

“Tell me you’re joking.” He said incredulously.

She knew well how stubborn and adamant she’s on going away from this place. She knew how she and he would be better off apart. Maybe, only then they will know their true worth.. maybe, then they would reach their true destiny. “I’m not, I’m going tomorrow.”

Her eyesight might be black now but she can still hear how evident his disbelief was with his breathing.

It takes him the whole 5 minutes to find the words to say to her. “Thank you Seo Joohyun.. thank you very much for showing me what a heartbreak feels like.” His voice cracked as he was saying it.

Seohyun opened her eyes to watch his expression and she regretted to even open her eyes to begin with because the sight of him was a sight that will forever haunt her conscience.

He was beyond miserable and she knew that time… She had hurt him even more than any of his pain before.

***

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EezQX8_QPRQ

4 years later

Seohyun closed her eyes and let the breeze gently brushed over her before curving into a smile.

“This place looks exactly like yesterday.” She said to the taxi driver as he helped carry her luggage into the car trunk.

She longingly traced her fingers at the window as the rain poured heavily… asking her to reminisce the last time she had been here. She was about to fall asleep due to jetlag when she felt a deep pang on her heart.

“What is this song called?” She asked, as she slightly jumped to the front surprising the taxi driver.

“This.. Oh it’s called A Song for a Friend. It’s an old song I think. Around 2 years ago?”

“Who… Who sang it?!” She asked impatiently.

“Uh a band called CNBLUE. It’s my daughter favourite band.”

Seohyun gasped and closed to withhold any sound from coming out from .

The day that I realized

That you were gone

My heart break into pieces

There’s no more of your shining eyes

You come and go

Like a wind

Oh my friend

Don’t you know that I’m in love with you.

“Oh god..” Seohyun took a deep breath. It was his voice.. it was his emotional drugging voice that beg his listeners to feel the same way he does. The sweet sound of the soft guitar strumming as if he was next to her.. It sounds so clear but she knew.. he was not here. It was just a radio. She laid her head on the window, letting herself be indulged in his music… feeling herself being slowly stabbed by the word of hurtfulness that he used, with the tone of his voice that was full of unspoken resentment..

Was she so full of herself to think that he even want to write a song for her?

She might be but she can’t help it..

 “Oppa, I’m going.” Seohyun planted a soft kiss on his forehead before putting a small piece of paper on his table side.

She caressed his hair, as she gazed lovingly looking at how he was sleeping soundly.. “I love you oppa.” A tear rolled down her cheeks and made its way into his jaw.. he blinked and saw her walking away from him.

“Omma… Appa!” Seohyun knocked on her house door, yet her eyes were looking at the house beside them and saw unfamiliar people laughing at the front yard.

Seohyun slowly turned the knob and discovered that the door wasn’t lock at all and there was no hint of her parents inside.

Still, she walked upstairs leaving her luggage below.

She opened the door to her room and discovered..

“Joohyun.”

She discovered him sitting on her bed. His hair was jet black and it went slightly below the shoulder as his bangs swept over the side of his face.. covering a small part of his eye. His face was still the same but there was an aura of maturity coming out from him.

Was this real?

“Oppa.” Sounding, almost breathless as she said it.

“I’m Jung Yonghwa. The leader of CNBLUE.” He spoke almost arrogantly, his face was flat as he said it. “You are?”

“…” Seohyun stood there speechless, not knowing what to say.

“Seo Joohyun right? Do you know any single woman. I’m looking for a person to date with.”

Seohyun shook her head in disbelief, what was he doing here? Is he trying to play with her after she leaved him like that?

“I like if that person leave her bestfriend with just a note. You’re single right? I’m single too if you deduct the fangirls that wanted to date me? So how about this.. you and me. We went for a couple of dates then I will right away propose you and we then get marry. What a charming plan right?” He winked to the sobbing girl in front of him as he opened his arms widely for her to run into. “Not coming?” Yonghwa glared playfully. “Come here, Seo Joohyun you cry baby!”

 Seohyun sniffled and wiped the trace of her tears on her cheeks before running towards him.

“Do you still love me?” He asked, soothing her back with the warmness of his palm when he felt her nodding on his chest.

“Say it Joohyun.”

“I love you so much oppa.”

To Yonghwa oppa,

I know you will stop me from leaving oppa but I think it’s best if we part ways now. I think we took for granted what we have and I’m sick of hurting each other more so than we did to each other now.. and that scares me. You deserve better than this, I won’t ask you to wait for me. All I’m asking for you…  fly.. fly away and I will be watching you from afar. You should know this oppa, I do love you but it doesn’t’ matter anymore. I’m going. Bye… oppa.

Yours truly,

Joohyun