Conflict

A Song For A Friend

Conflict

 

“You will or you won’t accept the offer Ms Seo Joohyun?” Her classroom teacher asked the conflicted Seohyun who has been staring at the letter of the offer for a while now.

“When.. when will I be leaving?”

“One month 2 days from now.”

“Do you think it’s enough for me to tie any loose ends?”

“It would be more than enough.”

“Can you at least please let me think about it?”

“Of course you can, but Seohyun don’t take too long. We only have 3 days to confirm it.”

“I won’t.” Seohyun dragged her heavy feet out of the teacher’s room when Mrs Kim called out for her attention again.

“I heard you are close with Jung Yonghwa?”

“Sort of. Why?”

“He keeps on sleeping in his math class and his marks are deteriorating. We have entrance exam coming, I’m thinking of contacting them but...”

“Don’t. Please don’t. I will make sure that he won’t be dozing off in his class. I promise you that.” Seohyun looked at her teacher, her eyes were determined and resolved. It was a rare sight from the polite little Joohyun that has always listened well to her teacher.

There he was.. the hot school boy with his arms around his girlfriend. Chatting around and behaving like a monkey… hooting around and high five-ing his friends. “Oppa.”

Seohyun took a deep breath, chanting to herself that it would be okay.. that it’s okay. That she would at least tried to talk once with him for a day. That’s enough.. and maybe later she should distance herself from him slowly.

She saw how his group of friends grew rigid with her sudden appearance. Probably because they are aware that she’s not in a good mood and she really wanted to kick some sense into this pabo guy head.

He and Ji Eun unnie was the only one that is unaware of her wrath as she tapped his back lightly.

“Joohyuy!”

“Oh Seohyun.” Ji Eun smiled at Seohyun and Seohyun knew that Ji Eun was sincerely smiling at her presense… honestly Seohyun likes Ji Eun for Yonghwa. She’s the only decent one out of the previous one that and Yonghwa had emphasized time and time again why he liked Ji Eun. It was because Ji Eun doesn’t mind Seohyun presence in his life. And that’s an important factor for his girlfriend.

She doesn’t know whether it’s true or not what he said. She was hoping that it was a joke… because she doesn’t like getting in between his relationship.

“What’s up?”

“I talked to your Math teacher.”

Yonghwa who has been drinking a can of coke was coughing out the drink for not being able to swallow it knowing the impending doom that was coming out to catch him.

“Oh that March one. I told him off to study.”

“It’s the recent one unnie.”

“You didn’t study?!”

“He was busy playing his guitar and singing at his balcony.”

“Joohyun!”

“Do me a favor and scold him unnie or not your parents will know and I’m not going to help cover your back anymore.” Seohyun said flatly and Yonghwa knew she wasn’t joking.

“I will.”

 “Thanks unnie. I’m tired of hearing things about you oppa. I’m done with all of this.”

He was about to argue back when Ji Eun leaned to whisper on his ears. “She doesn’t know we are over?”

“No.”

“That same perfume thing has been for ages and she still doesn’t know?”

“Nobody in the school knows, that’s what you wanted right?”

“Fine.”

“I’m going first.” Yonghwa ran to catch up with Joohyun.

“Hey.. then teach me okay? Oh.. or you can nag me. Either one will do.” He winked at Seohyun.

Seohyun shook her head in disbelief before pulling his right ear and twisting it.

“O-ouch!” He held his right ear after she released him.

“You are such a choding!”

“I’m not.”

“You are.”

“If I didn’t do that you won’t study?”

“I won’t” His eyes are challenging hers and it pisses her off.

“Do I look like I care?”

“Hyun..” Yonghwa tried to calm her down by putting both of his hands on her shoulder when she slapped it away.

“DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE?! Why won’t you grow up oppa!? Do you think I’m going to be with you the entire time?! Why don’t you freaking grow up!? If ammonim and abbonim knew about this do you think you can go and pursue your passion! You are responsible for your actions, you are ridiculous oppa. You really are. I’m stupid for trusting you to do well on your own. You're a lost cause oppa.”

Her eyes are looking at his.. glimmering with betrayal. She looked like she was breaking apart and he doesn't know how to calm her down. He was the source where everyone went to when it involves Joohyun because he knows her the best. He is like the book to her thoughts but now he was standing in front of her, regretting his stupidity for causing her to look at him like he was a trash... He never felt himself as low as this.

The people who were walking through the hallway stopped and looked at the duo. They were beyond surprise to see how badly Seohyun is crying and screaming at Yonghwa in public.

“Am i really a lost cause to you.. Don't you care about me?”

“I did… I used to but I don’t know anymore. It’s tiring."

I'm tired of my feelings oppa.. that was what i'm tired about.

****

 1 month ago.

Seohyun stared at him with a frown wondering what kind of dream he’s been dreaming that his loop sided grin never seemed to disappear. She reluctantly poked his arm only to be grabbed by Yonghwa causing her to stumble on his bed along with him. She rose up from the bed, her nose was flaring with anger as she covered her body with her hand.

“Oppa!” She screamed but the latter just hug the bolster, giggling a “hehe” to himself.

Seohyun believed he was having a really weird happy dream right now.. so she decided to .

“Oppa..” She whispered.

“Hmm..” He smiled cheekily, his eyes were still closed.

“WAKE UP!” She screamed.. jumping on the bed.

“HAH!” He jolted up in shock only to see, Seo Joohyun reverting back to her childish side… happily jumping on his bed.

“YAAA!” He threw the pillow frustratingly to the floor and grabbed the pillow beside him to cover his ear.

“OPPA! OPPA! OPPA!” She sat down on the bed and tried to remove the pillow as she tried her best to scream near to his ear when suddenly Yonghwa sat up and trapped her in between his two arms. Both of his palm were pressing on the bed.. They were just inches apart. She can even see the mole in his left eye.

She gulped, feeling nervous.

“Naughty girl!” He started to tickle the younger girl causing Seohyun to laugh like a mad person.

“Hahahaha.. oppa… hahahah… stop it.. oppa!”

“Tell me… Who’s the handsomest oppa?!”

“Shim Changmin?!”

“Nugu?” He started to tickle her back.

“Fine.. hahaaha. It’s you.. it’s you. Now release me.”

“Good girl.” He leaned to kiss her cheek only to be stopped by Seohyun’s hand.

“What are you doing?”

“Giving you a present?”

“It’s not a present. Don’t ever do that to me oppa.”

“Why?” He raised his eyebrows.

“I’m not a young girl anymore.” She stood up, ironing the crumple part of her skirt with her hand.

“Who says? You’re still the young 6 year old Joohyun to me.” He stood up and pinched her cheek.

“Oppa. Please stop. Know your boundaries.” She pushed him away. Her face was icy cold.. it felt weird.

“Fine. I’m sorry okay?”

“Hah! I’m just kidding!” She laughed at him..

“Ahh! Naughty Joohyun.”

“But seriously, don’t do that to me. Your previous girlfriend is already ready to kill me you know when you did that. Only do that to your girlfriend.. the most that you can do to me is to pinch my cheek and that’s it. Okay?”

“Okay Hyun!” He saluted her like a private in the army.

 “Faster oppa.. we’re going to be late.”

“How do you come in?” Yonghwa opened his cupboard and saw his school uniform hanged there.

“How? Oh your mother let me in.”

“Why don’t you just climbed to my room like you always did?”

“I’m a girl oppa. It’s inappropriate.”

“Oh.. okay.” He raised both of his arms and threw his shirt off his body in front of her.

“This guy..” She sighed as she closed her eyes.

“What?!” He exclaimed.

“Can’t you not strip in front of me?”

“You have already seen everything. Or is this because of my new abs?”

“Oppa! Don’t say that in front of any other people.”

“Why are you being so cautious lately?”

“I should be… that’s how normal being act oppa.” She groaned as she stomped her feet to the floor angrily. “And don’t you shower or something.”

“Nahh..” He buttoned his uniform. “I can’t let the model student be late to class. People will start talking of how bad of influence I am to you.” He wandered his hand on her blazer pocket.

“W-what are you doing?”

“This!” Yonghwa showed the bottle to her before spraying to his entire body.

“It’s a perfume.”

“I know.”

“Arghhh.. you’re so frustrating. I’m going to school first!” She stormed out and slammed the door loudly.

“Yaaa! Hyunnie! Wait for me.” He ran trying to catch up with her but stopped when she turned back to look at him, glaring.

“Don’t you want to ride my bicycle with me today?”

“And get kill by your fan club members? Sorry, but I’m not sorry!”

“Yaa. Did you have your PMS or something again?!”

“I did! So what?! Hah!” Seohyun turned her face back in front. Her shoulder was slightly moving.. she bits her lips to restrain the urge to let the pain in her flowing out.

“I knew it. You will wait for me. Assa!” He raised his fist of victory to the air and ran back to his room.

“Stupid.. stupid oppa.” She mumbled, feeling helpless as her heart was being squeezed tightly over his ignorance. The soft delicate tears are now turning into a waterfall. She tried to hold back her tears but it won’t stop so she tried covering to stop the sobbing sounds, afraid of walking outside not wanting to bump in with Mrs. Jung.All her efforts to keep herself intact in front of him were a success but when she’s alone.. she’s a pathetic girl crushing on her bestfriend.

“Joohyun?”

She was shocked, she covered her face from Yonghwa’s mom. The woman was not outside but apparently she was standing on the living room the entire time.

“You s-see?” was quivering.

“Oh.. honey.” Yonghwa’s mom eyed her sadly before running to hug her..

“I-i..” Seohyun stood there, frozen.

“Awh.. it’s okay honey. I understand.”

Seohyun cried even harder hearing that words coming from her.

 

Please take it away,
this love that opened my eyes to you
Why did you come to me without caution,
without sound and shake me up?
You make me want you and be in pain.

TTS - Love Sick (Seohyun)