Boxes

The issue with cats

“Stay still.”

Hyunseung grumbled to himself letting doojoon dry his hair with a soft towel despite being annoyed at the fact that he was currently missing out on his play time. Doojoon carried on ruffling the others hair down all whist keeping hyunseung from escaping again.

“I didn’t want to take a bath anyway.” Hyunseung Slumped in doojoon’s hold.

“Well you have to take a bath at some point, now off you go.” Doojoon watched as hyunseung bolted out of the room, doojoon sighed as he got up throwing the towel over his shoulder. There really wasn’t much for doojoon to do anyway and it’s not like he could do anything with the hot weather burning down on him, because of the heat junhyung and hyunseung had resorted into complaining piles of goop. Not wanting to hear any more complaints for the rest of the day he finally got them to take a bath after spending an hour bribing them endlessly.

Dumping the dirty clothes and the towel in the laundry basket he walked into the living room to find junhyung and hyunseung playing with the cardboard boxes.  Doojoon had brought them over in the morning after he had bumped into the elderly nice lady, who lived two doors away. She was cleaning out one of her rooms and came across unused cardboard boxes doojoon helped her carry them to the recycling bin until he offered to keep them instead of throwing them away, she was sceptical at first but gave them to doojoon in the end.

Since he brought them in the duo had been happily occupying their time with them throughout the morning, walking past them he wandered into the kitchen hoping to see if there was anything good to eat, doojoon’s shoulders slumped in disappointment staring into the almost empty fridge before checking the abandoned cabinets. This only meant one thing.

Doojoon had to go grocery shopping.

 

Walking back into the living room he found junhyung building a fort of cardboard boxes around him, doojoon looked around noticing hyunseung wasn’t around.

“Where’s hyunseung?”

Junhyung stared blankly at doojoon before he continued on building, “around.”

Before doojoon could question further there was shuffling heard right before one of the larger boxes fell onto its side with hyunseung crawling out of it.

“I’m here hyung.” Hyunseung announced sitting up fixing his shirt.

“Do you guys wanna come shopping with me?” doojoon asked showing off one of his brightest smile, he honestly didn’t want to go out outside where the sun awaits for him but desperate times call for desperate measures, besides that he didn’t want to suffer alone out there.

“no.” junhyung sternly spoke still focused on building his fort of boxes, hyunseung joined junhyung helping him out in building the fort.

“I can buy you whatever you want.” Doojoon pleaded towards the two as the fort of boxes grew taller slowly blocking his view from them.

“Sorry hyung we can’t hear you its too dark.” Hyunseung answered.

“Seung, that doesn’t even make sense.” Doojoon heard junhyung mumbled behind the wall of boxes.

Heaving a sigh doojoon reluctantly made his way towards the door grabbing his keys and wallet along the way, bending down to put his shoes on he looked back to see junhyung and hyunseung in their own little world.

I don’t wanna go.’ Doojoon sulked to himself, “don’t answer the phone or door for anyone okay?”

“Okay, bye hyung!”

Unlocking the door he stepped out before turning back again, “are you sure you guys don’t want –“

“Just go yoon doojoon.”

Doojoon looked over and shot junhyung a glare which junhyung peaked on top of the boxes returning it back, finally stepping out and locking the door he began his journey towards one of the corner shops nearby. After ten minutes he arrived in the shop appreciating the air conditioner greeting him from the heat outside, taking a basket from the side doojoon began wandering down the aisles.

Looking over the variety of cereals stacked along the shelves he spotted someone familiar not far from where he was standing, grinning to himself doojoon slowly yet quietly approached the tall figure before placing his hand on the others shoulder.

The taller of the two yelped nearly dropping his basket, turning around he faced doojoon.

“H-hyung how many times have I told you to stop doing that!”

Doojoon laughed as he slung an arm around dongwoon’s neck bringing him into a headlock, “well hyung is glad to see you too.”

Letting dongwoon go, doojoon watched as the youngest fixed up his hair. Doojoon hadn’t been able to see his younger brother lately for the past two weeks, as the other worked in a hospital as a diagnostic radiographer.  He’d been meaning to drop by the hospital to see dongwoon but doojoon had also been caught up with stuff of his own.

“So how are you?”

“I’m fine just a bit tired; these past weeks have been hectic lately.”

“Tell me about it.” Doojoon murmured under his breath the both of them heading down to the fruit and vegetable aisle.

“Oh that reminds me; kwangie told me that you adopted the two felines that he’d rescued. How’s it like living with them so far?”

“Oh they’re complete angels.” Replied doojoon picking up a packet of carrots, dongwoon chuckled reaching over to pick up bean sprouts.

“Really hyung?”

“Well hyunseung is fine, I’ve gotten used to his weird questions and theories although his bit clumsy at times and junhyung is a brat.”

Dongwoon noticed the scowl appearing on his face, “how’s junhyung a brat?”

“He back sasses me at every chance he gets and not to mention the negative attitude he has almost all the time.”

“Don’t worry hyung I’m sure junhyung will warm up to you soon, just give him time.”

“Hopefully, have you gotten everything you need?” mentally checking off the shopping list in his head whilst looking in his basket.

“yup.” Dongwoon answered as the two drifted off down the aisle updating each other on what they’ve missed out.

after their shopping was paid and bagged the two left the shop with heavy bags in their hands, “hyung I have to leave first, I’m gonna surprise kwangie with dinner I made before he gets home and before I forget kwangie also told me to tell you that you should bring them over sometime at our apartment he misses them a lot.”

“Of course we’ll drop by; I’ll see you around then. By the way tell kikwang I said hi”

“Will do see ya hyung!” Doojoon watched as dongwoon dashed down the pavement. Smiling to himself doojoon began walking the opposite way towards his own apartment where pair of cats awaits.

 

Once dinner was done doojoon decided to settle down on his desk mindlessly browsing around on his laptop since junhyung and hyunseung had literally taken over the living room. As he was scrolling through he felt a tug breaking his attention from the laptop.

Looking over he saw hyunseung staring back with wide eyes, “hyung I’ve been calling you for a while but you weren’t listening.”

“I’m sorry seung, is there something you need?” hyunseung immediately climbed up and sat himself on doojoon’s lap.

“I’ve discovered something important.” he announced with his ears slightly twitching in excitement.

“And what did you discover?”

“I discovered that spoons are just little bowls on sticks!”

Hyunseung was practically beaming at his own statement, “that’s amazing seung, well done.” Doojoon praised the kitten with a gentle scratch behind his ear as hyunseung happily leaned into the touch.

“Seung, where are you?”

Doojoon and hyunseung glanced towards the doorway watching junhyung make his way into the room.

“Junnie, I told hyung about my discovery.”

Junhyung was about to reply to hyunseung when something caught his on doojoon’s desk, under the desk lamp was can covered in red with neat cursive writing written in white standing out.

“What’s that?” pointing at the object questionably.

Doojoon was confused until he recognised that it was the can of coke that junhyung was curious about, “it’s coca-cola, have you never tried it before?”

Junhyung shook his head with his eyes still glued onto the gleaming red can. Doojoon reached over and held the can out for junhyung to take, “here try it.”

 Junhyung held the cold can in his hands as he hesitantly takes a small sip before drinking up more.

Doojoon was stunned to see junhyung almost downing the whole drink in one go, especially as he saw the way junhyung’s tail sway excitedly behind. ‘He must’ve really liked the drink then.

“You know what, you can keep the drink.”

“Really? Thanks hyung.”

Doojoon choked.

Junhyung had actually said thank you to him and even better yet he called him hyung, doojoon mentally cheered that he was slowly but surely getting junhyung to open up to him a bit more. Hyunseung hopped of his lap and asked junhyung if he could have a taste too, which junhyung happily offered his lips savouring the taste longer.

Doojoon couldn’t help the ever growing grin on his face watching the two interact over the can of coke.

“You actually called me hyung.”

Junhyung felt his face burn up in realisation that he did call doojoon his hyung, “that doesn’t mean anything.” He snapped defensively.

However doojoon didn’t take it to any offense and continued grinning at junhyung as the other grew embarrassed, “let’s go seung, doojoon is being weird.”

“Don’t you mean doojoon hyung?” He teased.

Junhyung scoffed as held hyunseungs hand leading him out of the room with hyunseung observing the can of coke in his hand. Doojoon smiled as the two disappeared, today he learned that junhyung loves coca cola and with that he could use it to his advantage.

 


I'm sorry I haven’t updated in so long, I have a lot of stuff to get done before my midyear review for when I get back from christmas break. And it doesn't help that I have a christmas project to do so I'm just drowning in endless unfinished work asdfghjk.

Anyway thank you for staying by with this fic! (●´□`)♡ , I’ll be updating again on friday and when I have time I’ll reply back to your comments c:

until then! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ♥