Noodles

The issue with cats

Doojoon didn’t know how it happened but he managed to survive through the hectic week. After finally meeting face to face with the felines the two boys settled into doojoon’s apartment the day after, it was awkward at first but within the next three hours he grew accustomed to them.

He learned a lot from junhyung and hyunseung as the days flickered by, doojoon learned that junhyung was a sarcastic piece of trash and only talked to him if the food was ready or if he was looking for something other than that junhyung just carries on blanking doojoon out. For hyunseung he was curious too curious for his own good that is, hyunseung has picked up a daily routine where he would rush to doojoon hoping he would have the answers for the millions of questions that ponder around in his head.

Doojoon didn’t mind answering the never ending questions he was asked, in fact he found them amusing like the other day it was nearing twelve am when he heard the sound of pattered steps behind him with a small tug on his jumper only to be met with big round curious eyes.

“Hyung I have a question to ask.”

Doojoon was by the kitchen sink drying off the last plate since he opted to leaving the dishes to do later, “ask away.”

“What if birds are actually screaming instead of singing?” tilting his head eyes locked with doojoon’s.

“Well that” he paused trying to collect his thoughts together as he set the plate down on a drying rack “that would be kind of scary I guess if they actually were.”

“How would it be scary?” hyunseungs fingers were now playing with the ends of his sleeves

“Well, you don’t want to wake up early in the morning because of screaming outside your window.”

Hyunseung fell silent before he let out a small laugh, “that would be scary, ok thanks hyung goodnight.”

Doojoon watched hyunseungs tail disappear as he scuttled towards the bedroom he shared with junhyung. Honestly doojoon doesn’t go a day without wondering what it must be like in hyunseungs head. It had only been a week and doojoon could already feel himself getting attached to the duo, doojoon shook his head as he made his way into his bedroom to fall face first into the white fluffy pillow.

 

It was Thursday and doojoon was preparing dinner he could hear the sound of the TV in the distance, stirring the large pot of instant ramen he looked over his shoulder making sure to keep an eye over the two. Hyunseung was sat on the sofa fully concentrated on toy story that was currently showing in front of him but doojoon couldn’t find junhyung within his view, he was about to ask where junhyung was until he saw the black haired boy walk up to him with a plastic bag full of rubbish whilst his other arm had a stuffed Pikachu, junhyung dropped the bag by doojoon’s feet as he stared blankly up at him.

“Um what is this?” doojoon motioned towards the bag with his eyes

“I was looking for Pikachu around your room and all of this was everywhere on the floor so I put them all in here.”

Doojoon picked up the bag to see it was full of old magazines and scribbled lesson notes crumpled up. Doojoon worked as a p.e teacher in an all boys primary school that was only twenty minutes away from his apartment, he recently had been planning ahead on lessons for when he got back to school even though it was currently the summer holidays at the moment.

“You didn’t have to do that but thanks junhyung.” He smiled in appreciation

“Next time tidy up your stuff properly.” And with that junhyung hopped next to hyunseung on the sofa to which he filled in what junhyung had missed on the movie so far.

Doojoon rolled his eyes he was no longer fazed by junhyung’s snarky comments, turning the oven off he began to set up the dining table before bringing over the pot of instant noodles he prepared.

“dinners ready” doojoon announced as he reached over to pour water in everyone’s cups, in an instant hyunseung climbed over into one of the seats gazing at the large pot of ramen watching the steam fade into the air with his ears twitching in anticipation junhyung followed behind claiming his seat next to hyunseung.

Doojoon generously gave junhyung and hyunseung their share of the noodles while warning them how it was still hot before getting his own share. Hyunseung dug down in a split second happily gobbling up every noodle in comparison to junhyung who took his time eating up his own noodles.

 

“I don’t want it anymore.”

Doojoon frowned as he saw the junhyung had barely eaten half of his noodles, “there’s still a lot left just eat two more mouthfuls then you can go.”

“No thanks.” Junhyung moved his bowl away slumping in his seat.

“Can I have junnies dinner then?”

“No hyunseung there’s plenty more in the pot.” Doojoon grabbed hyunseungs empty bowl refilling it again.

“I’m going to go and lie down.” Junhyung announced leaving his seat.

“Wait at least have one mouthful the—hyunseung why are you holding an umbrella?” doojoon cut himself off.

 Hyunseung finished his drink before setting the cup down, “hyung it’s not an umbrella it’s an elephant.” Doojoon stared at hyunseung who was now hugging the ‘elephant’ against his chest.

“Hyunseung no, that’s an umbrella. An elephant and umbrella are two completely different things.” Doojoon leaned into his chair knowing that he would have to end up explaining why they were different to the youngest.

“I thought they were the same.”

“Well an elephant is a large animal with a long trunk and tusks along with massive ears and what you’re holding  is an umbrella which is used to keep you dry from the rain when you’re outside.”

Hyunseung nodded understanding doojoon’s explanation as he focused solely on the umbrella in his hands, doojoon looked next to hyunseung to find that junhyung was no longer there figuring he slipped away during his explanation. He sighed as he stood up getting ready to collect the dishes and put the leftover noodles in a container doojoon found it frustrating to understand junhyung, it was a walk in the park for doojoon to get along with hyunseung however junhyung had completely barricaded himself blocking doojoon off and only letting hyunseung in.

In the process of clearing the table up hyunseung had stepped in front of him holding up his umbrella, “you can have my elephant please don’t be mad at junnie he’s just not used to this.”

Doojoon smiled reassuringly as he squatted down in front of hyunseung, “don’t worry I’m not mad at junhyung and thank you hyunseung.” He took the umbrella into his hands not minding that hyunseung called it an elephant again.

They both exchanged smiles before hyunseung went off to find junhyung, doojoon took his time tidying up before he made his way to junhyung and hyunseungs bedroom. Peaking through the door way he found the two curled together in their bed, hyunseungs nose buried into the crook junhyung’s neck with his arm stretched over the side while junhyung laid dead asleep his torso slightly turned to the side and his legs tangling with hyunseungs.

Doojoon couldn’t stop the smile growing on his face watching the two of them sleep peacefully grabbing the duvet that was beginning to fall off to the side he made sure to cover them up properly. He couldn’t resist in giving them a goodnight kiss gently brushing some of hyunseungs hair back he pressed a his lips against the temple, slowly moving to junhyung he did the same to hyunseung except this time it was his bangs covering junhyung’s forehead as he was about to pucker up he jumped back when he felt a harsh slap to his mouth.

Covering his mouth doojoon was met with an angry junhyung eyes slanted and ears back.

Don’t touch me.” Junhyung hissed out fully turning so his back met doojoon hoisting the duvet over his head.

 

Doojoon was left standing in awe wondering why does he even try.

 


This isn't much but heres the second chapter! also congrats to beast on winning #1 in inkigayo  ; w ; )//
dongwoon will be appearing in the next chapter & yoseob will be coming in soon~