17;

Quiet, to the Point of Invisibility

17;

Kai thinks Kyungsoo is a cute hyung. He really does. Kyungsoo hyung has the biggest eyes and the best heart shaped smile. Kyungsoo hyung, Kai thinks, is also the perfect height the rest his head on Kai's chest. But Kai would never say it out loud to hyung, because he's afraid. Afraid, of what his parents would think. Afraid that he'll be shunned from society because he's, well, gay. But mostly afraid, Kai feels, that his Kyungsoo hyung doesn't like him that way. Secretly, Kai is grateful Kyungsoo hyung has no friends (if Kai tells Kyungsoo hyung this, hyung will probably hit him). Kai doesn’t like to share, unless it’s with hyung (then it’s okay). This is what hopelessly in love feels like, Kai thinks.

 

Kyungsoo is well aware of how Kai feels towards him (Kai is extremely bad at hiding things, Kyungsoo thinks), and a little part of him is scared that he likes Kai too. Kyungsoo doesn't know exactly why he's scared, after all, he hasn't got any friends or family to lose.

 

Sometimes Kai wakes up and realizes that a) hyung is still working on his homework and b) Christmas is coming. And then Kai thinks how nice it would be to spend a white Christmas with hyung. They could make cookies all day, Kai thinks and smiles to himself, because hyung can't ever ever ever find out how he feels. He'll lose Kyungsoo hyung, and that's the last thing KaI wants.

 

Kyungsoo doesn't know exactly when he started liking the younger male. Perhaps it was when Kai sat on his bed last week humming his favorite song while watching Kyungsoo writing his essay. Or the day after that, when Kai decided to surprise him with cookies he made himself. All Kyungsoo knows, is that whenever Kai looks at him with those puppy eyes and flashes that wide smile, Kyungsoo melts like snow in the summer.

 

Kai likes Kyungsoo hyung's height the most. Kyungsoo hyung reminds Kai of a teddy bear. Small, cute, and fluffy. Kai thinks about falling asleep next to his hyung on their movie night (the movie, Kai thinks, was particularly boring, but his hyung likes it, so Kai will pretend he likes it).

 

Kyungsoo thinks Kai is adorable when Kai's making a particularly hard decision. He bites his bottom lip and stares intently in an internal conflict at the object of decision. Kai does this when he's deciding between apples and oranges, math or science homework first.

Kyungsoo thinks Kai is most adorable, however (not to mention hot), when Kai is dancing.


Kai started dancing when he was very, very small. About when he was as small at Kyungsoo hyung, he likes to say. Dancing, to Kai, is the same as food or water to hyung. It's evolved from passion to necessity. Everyday, right after his morning classes, he'll go to the dance studio and just dance. Dancing is natural to Kai, just about as natural as hyung making cookies. Dancing is one of the things that lets him escape his parents (the other’s Kyungsoo hyung).