24;

Quiet, to the Point of Invisibility

24;

Kyungsoo liked cookies. He didn’t get to eat them often anymore, not since his mom died. But before, when she was still was there, Kyungsoo liked watching her make his favorite cookies after school (she would let Kyungsoo the cake batter off the spoon), so Kyungsoo considered himself somewhat of a cookie-making expert. Cookies reminded him of home to Kyungsoo, back when he had friends, before his father started drowning himself in alcohol to relieve the pain of his mother’s death. Having an alcoholic father that left him with all the responsibility at 16 has taken quite a toll on Kyungsoo, if he could say so himself.

 

And then there was Kai. Ever since agreeing to make cookies for his mom with him, they had been talking more, even going out to eat together, and for the first time in a long, long time, Kyungsoo had someone to talk to.

 

Kyungsoo was vaguely jealous of the dark haired male. Kai didn’t have a care in the world. Kyungsoo would like to live a life like that. No part time jobs every night, no worrying about bills every month.

 

Kyungsoo was deep in his thoughts before he realized the aftermath of the cookies he was making with Kai were nothing short of catastrophic. There were egg shells in places that Kyungsoo didn’t even know where there, not the mention the flour everywhere (it even got on Kai’s face but Kyungsoo will never admit he thinks Kai was cute here no matter how hard Kai tickles him). He inwardly sighed at the state of his kitchen. He looked up at Kai, who was holding a platter of cookies. At least we got the job done, Kyungsoo thought to himself. Kai midway with a cookie to his mouth before Kyungsoo’s cookie instincts kicked in and slapped his hand to make him drop the cookie.

“I made them for your mom, not you,” Kyungsoo glared at the taller male.

“But hyung, they look really good!” Kai whined. (Kyungsoo agrees with Kai, Kyungsoo’s cookies are really good.)

Kyungsoo’s heart melted like the chocolate in the cookies.

“I’ll only eat one, okay, hyung?” Kai held up one finger and pouted. “Just one.” (Kyungsoo wanted to hug Kai to death here.)

Kyungsoo sighed.

 

“Just one.”