Nam Woohyun

Through Their Eyes

    There was a gunshot. I fell a second later to the ground. I heard running footsteps and people crying out. Someone rolled me over and picked me up enough so that my head and shoulders were off the ground.

    "Woohyun... Hey.. Open your eyes.." A female voice was was telling me shakily. "I need you. Don't leave me. Please-"

    "Hey, it'll be okay." I the girl's cheek as she opened her eyes to look down at me. Her blue eyes were wide and fearful as she held me in her arms. "It'll be..." I let my eyes close and my hand fall.

    "NOOOOOOooooo!!!" She screamed and what I presumed to be tears began to fall onto my face. Then it started to rain, soaking both of us. This would really if-

    "CUT!" The rain stopped and I opened my eyes and sat up, looking at the actress next to me who grinned in embarrassment.

    "Was that okay?" She asked me, her eyebrows crinkling a bit like they did whenever she was unsure. "It seemed a little too intense..."

    I shook my head and laughed as I helped her up. She was a newbie, but her acting wasn't half bad. "Yeah, I think we might have to do it again." I said teasingly. She looked up, meeting my eyes in horror. "I'm kidding!! I would've done it the same way, so it was perfect." I winked at her, keeping hold of her hand as she relaxed and lightly punched my arm.

    The director walked over with a grin. "___, I almost was worried you thought this was real. I couldn't have asked for a better expression of those kinds of feelings. Both of you did excellent." I could see her blush out of the corner of my eye and felt proud to have her as a costar for this drama. "Both of you can go now, though. I think it's past midnight and you need to dry off and sleep. If you get hypothermia, so help me... Well, just don't get sick. See you both on Monday." We bowed in goodbye and he left, leaving just her and I.

    ____ was trying really hard not to shiver, which I thought was kind of cute. There were big blankets off to the side so I grabbed one and draped it around her shoulders as we walked back to our hotel rooms. 

    She looked up and grinned at me. "Thank you"

    "You have to share it with me, though. There was only one over there." I said, with a wink. It was just a tiny lie and she knew it, rolling her eyes and smiling. I ducked under the blanket, sliding my arm over her shoulders so that I could hold both ends for us. "You aren't too cold, right? He was serious about the getting sick thing."

    She shook her head, "Not anymore.." She blushed and looked up at me, flustered. "Um, I mean.. This blanket is nice!"

    I couldn't help but laugh. "It is a very nice blanket, indeed. Especially since it brought us closer together." She elbowed me in the ribs and I chuckled, expecting that reaction. I got out from under the blanket. "I hope you have a good night." I winked at her with a smile and watched her blush lightly and shake her head as she went into her hotel room across the hall, closing the door quietly.

    I went into my own room and sighed, starting to get into dry clothes. I knew I probably shouldn't be letting myself get so close to her. She was Dongwoo's sister, but looked nothing like him. She had fluffy hair, her eyes were captivating, she was tall, pale, and fit perfectly into my arms. What if I could hold onto her all the time... My mind wandered down that route until I finally got my act together and finished changing. 

    I shook my head, trying to clear it; looking at the clock I noticed it was almost 2 in the morning. As I raised my hand to turn off the light I thought I heard a knock on my door. I paused, waiting to see if I could hear it again. It was faint but when I did hear it I went to the door, opening it slowly. "____? What's going on? Are you okay?" She was wearing a tank top and shorts, looking a little lost as she clenched her phone in her hands. I reached out, touching her shoulder lightly; she blinked and looked up to meet my eyes.

    "Woohyun... I'm so sorry, you were sleeping weren't you? I don't know what I was thinking." She spoke a little quicker than usual and her cheeks didn't turn colors as she looked around. This was weird- something wasn't right.

    She turned to go but I grabbed her wrist lightly. "Hey, I was still awake. What's going on?"

    "It's nothing. I'm just being stupid again. You should go to sleep." She didn't turn back around to talk to me so I couldn't see her face. I tightened my grip just a bit, honestly worried.

    "I'm not tired." I lied. It had been a long day of practicing and filming, but I'd forget all of that for this girl. "Please tell me what's wrong." She shook her head, still facing away from me and I sighed. I pulled roughly on her arm, making sure no one was in the hallway before closing the door. "Come over here and sit." I pulled on her arm, practically dragging her over to the bed and making her sit on the edge of it.

    She sat and trembled, holding onto her phone without making a sound. What should I do? Girls didn't usually cry around me unless they were happy to see me... I sat next to her quietly for a moment before reaching out and holding her empty fist in one hand while I tilted her face towards me with the other. Her eyes were about to overflow- one more blink would send rivers down her pale face. I was starting to get scared. "What on earth happened, ____? You can talk to me, you know..." She nodded, pressing her lips tightly together as if she was trying to keep from saying anything.

    Finally she took a deep breath and opened her lips. "S....Sssun-g... Sunggyu... h-he.. broke upp with m-me.." She said, shaking as she tried to keep from crying. But that was a lost battle; the tears spilled out as I watched her give up on trying to hold onto her emotions and instead just crumpling in front of me.

    "Sunggyu hyung did?!" She nodded and I was speechless. They'd been going out for over a year and they seemed perfectly happy. What the hell was his problem?! I pulled ____ closer, onto my lap and held onto her tightly. She wrapped her arms around my neck and held on just as tight. I let her cry herself out onto my shirt, just staying quiet and kind of rocking back and forth sometimes.

    She quieted down after about half an hour, but didn't move; in fact, she seemed kind of limp. "Hey, ____..?" I tried to get her attention, but it seemed like she'd fallen asleep. I looked around before picking her up and deciding she should take the bed; there was a couch in the other room that was fine for me. But there ended up being a problem- She wouldn't let go of me. "Ya... I'm going to let you have the bed okay? So you need to let go." I was almost free but as I reached around to unlock her hands from my neck, she pulled me closer again.

    "Don't leave me. Please, Woohyun, don't you leave me too...."

    This girl was breaking my heart. I felt so bad for her. I was at a loss of what else to do and decided to just sleep with her. I don't know why it made me embarrassed, but it did. 

    Even though she was asleep I kept mumbling to her quietly. "Okay, I'll stay with you, silly girl." I pulled the blankets back over us both and turned out the light. Her arms were still around my neck, so I kept mine around her waist as my heart beat quickly. "You cause so much trouble, you know that? I mean, really. You're lucky I was still up. Don't tell Dongwoo about this, though; I'm worried I'll get in trouble if he hears about us being like... this..." 

    My sleep-deprived mind was off in fantasy land and I was already half asleep, so it could've been my imagination, but I swore I heard ____ mumble "I love you, Woohyun" as she tightened her arms around me, getting as close as she could. 

    My heartrate exploded and I constricted my arms around her waist, kissing her shoulder softly. "I love you more than you know, ____..." I drifted off to sleep around three a.m, glad I had a schedule-free day tomorrow and didn't have to get up early.

*~*~*~*~*

    I woke up slowly and peacefully until my brain suddenly remembered what had happened last night. My eyes flashed open and I looked around finding ____ had not budged an inch from where I'd last seen her. I looked at her face, so close to mine, and sighed as I enjoyed the moment. Her eyebrows came down and her face would have looked grumpy if it wasn't so cute. She blinked a few times to adjust to her surroundings before looking up at me and meeting my amused glance.

    "Good morning. Your hair looks awesome, by the way." I said teasingly. 

    "Morning..." She ran her hand halfway through her hair and stopped, her eyes growing a bit wider. I tilted my head to the side, guessing she was probably remembering last night, too. She sat up, facing away from me as she scrolled through her phone quickly before throwing it away across the room and cursing quietly. 

    I watched her back, trying to ignore how surprisngly alluring the bit of skin that was showing between the hem of her shirt and shorts was. It looked so smooth and my fingers were itching to reach out and touch her. I really needed a distraction. "You alright..?" I asked, knowing she wasn't.

    "I'm so sorry for bothering you last night. I don't know what the hell I was thinking." She said, now running her fingers through her hair due to nervousness. "And for making you stay with me like that... I'd totally understand if you didn't want to talk to me anymore. Actually, I should probably just go right now." She started to get up and I panicked, throwing both of my arms around her waist.

    "You don't need to do that. To be honest, I enjoyed the company." I pulled her back down, spooning her body close to mine. I nuzzled her behind the ear with a small smile. She smelled so good, I couldn't even describe it.

    She tensed up a bit, probably confused on many levels. "I- I can't have been that entertaining- What are you doing?"

    "Nothing~" I smiled and moved my hand from her hip back to going around her waist. I sighed, deciding I should probably be serious about this. "Listen, you had a rough night; it happens. I'm glad you came to me when you needed help." 

    She nodded reluctantly, relaxing against me slowly and replying in a quiet voice. "You were the only person I could think of... I actually didn't even think, I just kind of wandered over here. Ugh, I should've at least put on some normal clothes before I showed up." She blushed and hid her face with one hand.

    "Hey, at least you're wearing clothes. That's a start." I chuckled and she just covered her face with both hands. My hands slid around of their own accord again, "Though that could change pretty quickly, too..." What was I saying?! What was I doing? Crap, what if she thinks I'm serious.

    ____ was quiet for a minute before shaking her head. "Not likely; I didn't even get that far with Sunggyu." She sounded kind of sad by that, which surprised me. "Though Sunggyu didn't love me like I thought, I guess. So maybe that's why." 

    It was annoying that she kept saying his name and I didn't want her to have to think about him right now. I rolled her onto her back and got on top of her. There were tears on her cheeks but her expression was one of surprise. I gently her cheek, leaning closer and staring into her eyes. "I love you more than he does. I'm willing to show you, right here right now." I trailed my fingers down her neck to her shoulders, pausing at the strap of her tank top to wait to see what she wanted.

    "Woohyun, I-" She was cut off by the ringing of the phone she'd thrown across the room. She blinked "That's his ringtone..."

    My heart sank and I looked away, feeling defeated. "I know." I should've known she'd still choose him. I decided to get up and get the phone for her.

    She suddenly put her hands on either side of my face, pulling me back down to her. "Where do you think you're going?" She brought me closer and kissed my lips passionately enough to surprise even me.

    I smiled into the kiss, opening my eyes and pulling away just enough to reply, "Nowhere." I was soaring, not even hearing the phone anymore.

 

*AUTHOR'S NOTE* Ah, Namgrease at his finest. :3 He's been stabbing my bias list lately and it's not cool. Though so have tons of other guys, so I guess I just need to calm down. xD
Which member should I do next?