Chapter 9

Within Reach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We should talk, Mark.” Paul said after helped Mark sat on his bed.

Mark actually already so tired. He didn’t want to start conversation with Paul at all. He just felt so hurt.

Not like the way he expected, this problem still as big as when he left it. Time just couldn’t erase how hurt he is.

“There’s nothing to talk anymore.” Mark said and lied down on his bed.

“You just want to end our relationship like that?” Paul said, getting annoyed by his boyfriend.

“Yes. Why do you think we should continue?” Mark shot a glare at Paul. But he quickly regretted it after he saw a scared expression on Paul face.

“Ah, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to yell. But, I’m so tired really. And I don’t think I will be able to continue this relationship.” Mark said, covers his eyes with his arms. He just wants to sleep.

“And why you think like that?” Paul said, his voice shaking.

“Because now, I can’t look at you without imagining you kissing that boy’s lips.” Mark said finally, feeling more tired than ever.

“You are so mean. It’s only a mistake. I didn’t think straight that time.” Paul said begging him, and a sob could be heard. But Mark didn’t want to look at him. Because he knew if he look at him, all his defense will just crumbled down.

Because he knew, that he loved him once. Maybe he still loves him now if anger not clouded his mind.

“But it hurts so much. And I couldn’t bring myself to accept that.” Mark said. Finally sit on the bed and look at Paul who sat beside him. “Just, let’s end our relationship. And you can go with that boy who can give you the things you want.”

“Because it’s obvious, it’s frustrating for you because I always asked you to wait longer right?” Mark said and Paul already cried on his shoulder.

Mark couldn’t do anything except patting his head and tried to calm him down. As expected, he couldn’t be that harsh to Paul. The feelings from the past still lingering on his heart, and he knew he will have a really long time to let go everything.

*

“I never knew that he could do something like that.” Jackson said from the edge of his bed while Mark just lied there, chuckled. “You know I never liked that boy. Something about his innocence made me sick!” Jackson added and Jinyoung threw a candy and hit Jackson’s head with it, made Jackson groaned.

“Don’t talk like that just because Mark finally broke up with him,” Jinyoung said from across the bed, leaned himself to Jaebum who’s reading a book now, didn’t really care about what his best friends talking about.

“We should have a party Mark!” Jackson said, and Mark looked at him, frowned. “Not a party like party, you know, just here invites Youngjae and couple of friends, we can buy a beer and chips and watch something.”

“Yeah sadly our dorm is too crowded with just four of us.” Jinyoung said rolled his eyes to Jackson because of his stupid idea.

“We can do this in Bambam’s dorm. Wait I need to asked him if he’s available.” Jackson said and fished out his phone from his pocket but groaned after that. “No batteries! How is that possible?”

“Yeah because you’re plan is stupid even from the start.” Mark said and couldn’t help but to chuckled.

“Give me your phone, I will call Bambam!” Jackson asked for Mark’s phone and Mark suddenly got flustered without particular reason.

“Wh.. why mine?” Mark asked, stuttered. And he cursed at himself before step back further to the corner of the bed.

“Why you acted like that, I just want to borrow your phone to call Bambam.” Jackson said, and hold his hands up waiting for Mark’s phone.

Mark gulped his saliva. Jackson wanted to call Bambam using his phone? Which mean Bambam’s number will be on Mark’s phone. And then Mark finally could text him or called him without asked Bambam about his number.

And slowly, Mark gave Jackson his phone, and waiting nervously while Jackson typed something on it before place it on his ear.

“Bam! We’ll have a party in your dorm. Me, Mark, Jaebum and Jinyoung, are you free now?” Jackson said over excitedly like always. “Yes, I’m using Mark’s phone, how come you guys don’t have each other’s phone numbers. I thought you guys are childhood friends?”

“No, don’t worry. We’ll coming over now.” Jackson said before gave the phone back to Mark. “Okay let’s start the party!”

Mark didn’t really know what he felt after that. He grab his phone tight on his arm, looking at the number Jackson was called, before he saved that number into his contact. Suddenly, he felt happy.

*

Bambam’s pacing back and forth in his apartment. He didn’t know what should he do, or what should he prepared for tonight. Jackson will come here with Mark. Mark…

He didn’t know what should he do if he met Mark again, will he bring Paul? should he say hi, should he asked about his injury, should he talked about Brian. And then he realized that, whatever they will talk about, he didn’t want to talk about Brian.

He looked at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter