Parties Are Stupid

Something Stupid
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yukwon puffed his cheeks out, wishing he could do anything to cease his boredom. He leaned backward, letting himself rest more easily on the bed, kicking his feet outward as he did so. He had been waiting on Jaehyo for far too long. For just a simple 'get-together', the guy sure was trying hard to make himself look good. He glanced toward him, just in time to see him fussing with his hair for the fifth time so far. He couldn't help but roll his eyes as a small groan escaped his lips. The taller man didn't seem to notice as he continued looking himself over in the mirror.

He sighed as he wiggled his phone out of his pocket. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but, for some reason, the lack of notifications was disappointing. Yukwon wasn't disliked or anything, he was just quiet. Because of that, a lot of people didn't bother to contact him, and, although he tried not to let it bother him, it sometimes did.

He groaned again, sliding the device back into his pocket. He turned his attention to Jaehyo, who was staring down at him, arms crossed.

 

“What?”

 

Jaehyo's expression softened a bit. He switched his weight to his right leg, allowing one hand to rest on his hip and the other to softly message the nape of his neck. He stood like that for a moment before focusing on Yukwon. “You sure you want to go?”

 

His eyebrows rose in confusion. “Yeah. Why?”

 

Jaehyo tried to stifle a laugh. “You're not one to like social gatherings.”

 

“Yeah, you're right.” He rolled his eyes again, smiling this time around. “As long as Minhyuk's there, that's all I really care about.”

 

“Man, you're in deep.”

 

Yukwon snatched the pillow from underneath his head, chucking it at the other man as hard as he could, trying to hide his forming grin. “Shut the hell up, man! You've seen him.” He could feel his cheeks burning red.

 

“Yeah, I've seen him.” Jaehyo turned his attention to the mirror again, adjusting his hair once again. “I'm a lot better looking than he is though,” he winked, “don't you think?”

 

“You wish.” He ducked as the pillow he had thrown earlier made its way back toward his head.

 

 

The pair exited the car almost simultaneously. Yukwon stretched his arms above his head, letting out a sigh as he did so. Jaehyo practically strutted toward the door. He meekly followed, hoping to get the whole situation over with quickly. He had assumed that the 'little get-together' would only be a few people, but the street was packed with vehicles. Zico's idea of 'little' was clearly completely different than Yukwon's.

Entering the door, the sudden stench of alcohol, weed, and slammed into his nostrils like a semi truck.

Jaehyo was nowhere to be seen. He panicked a bit, although he hoped it wouldn't be too noticeable. Glancing around, he couldn't find a familiar face, at least not one he was comfortable with clinging onto the rest of the night.

 

“Oh, kitten!”

 

.


 

Kyung came bounding forward, a beer in hand. His grin was spreading from ear to ear, and a slight red tint was gracing his facial features. He was clearly buzzed.

When the shorter man wrangled him into a hug, it was clear he had been smoking as well. The guy reeked. Even after what felt like an eternity, he still continued his hold on Yukwon, who was frantically looking around in order to find some sort of savior.

 

“Yukwon!”

Please log in to read the full chapter