Orientations Are Stupid

Something Stupid
Please log in to read the full chapter

The two men were merely walking around, seemingly without a purpose. It was Orientation Day, where the students gathered on campus to take the time to find where their courses were being held and to get caught-up with fellow students and friends they hadn't seen over the summer. The event was held a few days before classes would actually begin, and everyone was required to attend, much to the irritation of some of the older students.

Yukwon just happened to be one of those irritated students.


 

"What a waste of time." He sighed. Yukwon wasn't lazy or anything, he'd just rather be doing nothing at his own home, instead of doing nothing at school. This really wasn't how he wanted to spend his day.


 

His voice had grabbed the taller man's attention, causing him to put away his phone. "Tell me about it.” Jaehyo ran his fingers through his hair. “I could think of a thousand things I could be doing instead of this stupid . We already know where everything is. There's zero point in being here. It's bull.”


 

Yukwon simply nodded in agreement. He had known Jaehyo for quite some time, and he knew that if he wasn't stuck at school with him, Jaehyo would be out causing havoc with his other friends. Considering how kind he was, he didn't seem like the sort to be in a gang, but he was, much to Yukwon's disapproval.

He couldn't tell you how he and Jaehyo had become friends, considering Jaehyo's poor taste in company. It just kind of happened one day. He figured it was because they were both a little odd, at least that's what he heard other people say about them.

They rounded the corner of a building, apparently at the same time as two other boys. The taller of the two slammed directly into Yukwon, causing them to fall backward.

People always assumed that he was weak, since he had a fairly pretty face for a man, but Yukwon was surprisingly muscular; you had to be when people were constantly mocking you for supposedly looking like a girl. Someone running into him wasn't enough to knock him over, much less cause him to stumble. He laughed a bit before holding his hand out to the fallen boy. The redhead smiled up at him before accepting his hand, pulling himself up. The brunette he was walking with tried to suppress his laughter.


 

“Sorry.” The redhead fidgeted with his shirt.


 

The brunette chimed in. “We were trying to find a shortcut to his class. It's bull how far away some of these buildings are from others, you know? Didn't think anyone would be going this way.”


 

Jaehyo smiled down on the pair. He was always doing that, looking down at people. Not because he was a snob or anything. He was just ridiculously tall. “We may be able to help. We've been here a while.” He laughed. He was also ridiculously nice, at least for someone associated with a gang. “What class are you trying to plan a route to?”


 

“Psychology.” The redhead stopped fidgeting. “I have it right after my chemistry course.”


 

Yukwon turned his attention to the boy. “Psychology? I can help.”

 

He took a few moments to explain the best way to get to the humanities building from the science building. It wasn't anything hard to explain, especially for Yukwon, but the boy was just a bit slow on the uptake.

Once he finally understood everything, the boy meekly smiled, thanking him. The pair started to walk away before Yukwon stopped them once again.


 

“I'm a Psych Major. You need any help, you can ask me. You'll see me around. Guarantee it.” He smiled at them. “Name's Kim Yukwon.”


 

“Mark Tuan. Nice to meet you.” He smiled.


 

“Park Jinyoung. Call me Jr. I refuse to respond to anything else.” He smirked back at them.


 

Yukwon laughed. He found Mark to be adorable, and he could tell that this Jr kid, even having just met him, was

Please log in to read the full chapter