Chapter 4: I will be your Guardian.

The Cold Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Class! Lets begin today lesson." shouted the teacher.

"Yeon Hee, can I see you for a second?" said the teacher after class have finished. He told her to sit down and start talking gently.

"I need to talk to your mom about something this week, can you give me her phone number?" 

"About what?" asked Yeon Hee silently.

"Nothing too seirous really. Just need to talk her abour you and your studying. You can go after you give your mom's number."

"Hello Miss!" said the teacher walking in the house

"Hello, Mr Lee. Please have a seat." replied Yeon Hee's mother

Upstairs, Yeon Hee was on her speaker listening to the Moon Sonata by Beethoven. Her eyes were closed, her face rested on her bed, her hands were imagining if they were pulling a bow to play the violin. All these years, she have wanted to learn the violin or at least some music things, she love love music but she was too scared to talk to her mom about this and was afraid that her sister might made fun of her at school of how she wants to skip school to learn music if she knew. So all these years, she stayed quiet, listened to her music everyday, everynight. Just sitting beside her bed, earphones or speaker on and just enjoyed the beautiful melody of the smmoth, swifiting pieces of arts. But what she didnt know was she was god-gifted, she could listened to a piece and knew the notes or at least the chords of it right after a few times of listening. No one in her house knew this, not even herself. What do you think? How can a special girl knew what was her talent if no one actually found or wanted to find it our for her?

The conversation ended. Hee's mom went up to check what her daughter was up to. The same scene she saw literally everyday. Her daughter sitting by her bed, with earphones on, her eyes closed, smiling to herself sometimes. 

"Yeon Hee ya." said her mom

Silence. Her mom shook gently her daughter and talked.

"Your teacher and I have talked. I decided to not to send you to school anymore." said her mom.

Silence.

"You like classical music, dont you?" said her mom again.

Suddenly of the word "music", Hee turned to her mom and shouted yes enthuastically.

"I would love to. Please mom." Hee suddenly feel a bit of hope in her mother after all these years.

"Okay. I will...."

Hee stood up and hugged her mother, probably for the first in her life. Also this is the first time she felt truly happy and excited for what her mother decided to do. Her dreams finally came true after all these years of boring and stubborn classes likes Maths, Literature which she had no fun or any kind of joy studying those. Her mother stood outside the door, smiling as she watched her daughter jumped happily on her bed and started t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter