Part IV: Epilogue

Believe me, I'm crazy

Part IV: Final Epilogue

 

“Kim Sunggyu, do you want to retrieve your memories?” The question popped into Sunggyu’s mind repeatedly for the past two months. Doctor Park had let him have some time to think through it. Doctor Park had told him that it was possible for him to get back all his memories. It was a quick treatment that had been invented for amnesia patients one year ago. The success rate was high and had no side effect so far.

 

The loud knock on his door broke his thoughts. A nurse entered his room with a patient he had not seen before. “Doctor Kim, this is your new patient, meet Mr. Jang. He is-” The nurse was interrupted before she could complete her sentence. “New patient?! Where is patient Nam Woohyun?!” Sunggyu shouted, startling both the nurse and the patient next to her. “Where?!” Sunggyu yelled again. “H-He said he wanted-d a change of doctor-r,” The terrified nurse stuttered when she heard the usually calm doctor shouting so agitatedly.

 

Sunggyu pushes pass the nurse and the quiet man next to her before leaving the room. He could hear the nurse shouting for him. He ignored the nurse’s shouts as he ran into Woohyun’s room. Change of doctor? To the hell he will allow Nam Woohyun to be assigned under another doctor. He burst opened the room door to see Woohyun jolted up from his bed by the sudden loud noise.

 

“Change of doctor? Who allowed that?! I didn’t agree to this!”

Sunggyu said as he stares at Woohyun angrily. This was the first time Woohyun had seen Sunggyu fuming with anger- he had never seen the doctor this mad.

 

“Doctor Kim….remember the question you asked me? Whether my lover will get jealous?

I was wrong. My lover got jealous. He said he hated me- he asked me to stop meeting you.

I have to stop meeting you so my lover wouldn’t get angry- I know you will understand.”

Woohyun said as he rubbed his eyes- looking sleepy as he was woken up by the sudden intruder. Sunggyu shook his head. Lies….. Woohyun just reacted this way because of what Sunggyu had said to him previously. His patient hadn’t behaved like himself ever since that day Sunggyu called him a psycho.

 

“Stop lying Nam Woohyun! Why are you pretending to be crazy when you’re normal?!”

Sunggyu screamed, unable to contain his frustration. He knew Woohyun was normal. The doctor had been observing Woohyun for the past two months. The only time he had talked to his ‘lover’ was when the nurse or Sunggyu was with him. In other words, Woohyun was just acting as if he was crazy.

 

 

“Believe me, I’m crazy! I even- even my lover,”

Woohyun yelled in anger as Sunggyu stared back at his patient, mouth agape.  There was a moment of silence when Sunggyu gave him a look of pity.

 

 

“What are you-”

Sunggyu shook his head, unable to understand what his patient was talking about.

 

 

“Ask Doctor Park if you don’t believe me. Now leave! I need my rest. My lover is starting to get angry!”

Woohyun pushes Sunggyu out of the door forcefully. Woohyun’s knees wobbled as he fell onto the ground. Wet tears were streaming down his eyes as he felt like his heart was set on fire. The pain was back to haunt him- including those horrible memories. He breathed in and out twice deeply. This was normal- perfectly normal- for him to feel this pain. It was what he had deserved after all.

 

----

 

Sunggyu was taken aback by Woohyun’s answer. Sunggyu was put into deep thoughts after what Woohyun had said to him. He had been getting different dreams recently. In all of his good and bad dreams, Woohyun was inside it. “Ask Doctor Park if you don’t believe me.” What Woohyun had said came into his mind once again. Sunggyu didn’t need to ask Doctor Park. After he was pushed out of Woohyun’s room that day he understood what his patient had said. Sunggyu had a dream of that once after all.

 

The doctor slowly understood why he was forced to be operated. It was to erase those bad memories Woohyun had caused on Sunggyu. The first time he dreamt of Woohyun him, he felt hurt, betrayed and angry. However, somehow there was also a part of him which understood Woohyun’s actions. He needed to get back all of his memories to figure out what had happened to both of them. Woohyun was not a bad person- Sunggyu was sure of it. It was time to end this- to find his answers.

 

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

Doctor Park asked seriously.

 

“Yes, I have never been so sure- I need to know what had happened,”

Sunggyu replied and Doctor Park nodded his head in understanding.

 

It felt like déjà vu when Sunggyu was lying on the patient bed- only this time, he wasn’t going to escape. Nam Woohyun, I’m doing this for you- I need to know what had happened to us- why you acted like a crazy person. I know that you’re not crazy. I’m hundred percent sure of it. As more thoughts filled Sunggyu’s head, he started to get tired as he entered the darkness.

 

Sunggyu woke up from the treatment crying hysterically- he couldn’t stop himself from crying. The emotions were overflowing- hitting him all at once in a full force. It was too much for him to handle. Doctor Park had told him it was normal considering that his memories were much more traumatizing as compared to the other patients. Doctor Park then advised him to rest well before leaving him alone to calm down.

 

Sunggyu felt the pain spreading all over his chest- it was never stopping. It hurts so much- he could only cover his mouth from screaming. The pain he felt was not because he found out Woohyun had treated him so terribly previously but because he thought of how much Woohyun had been hurting until now. He needed to get Woohyun back- to tell him that he doesn’t care about anything else.

 

He needed to tell him how stupid Woohyun was to go through this pain alone. Sunggyu was going to scold Woohyun for not telling him about the nightmares he was unaware of five years ago after Doctor Park explained to him. There was one important thing Sunggyu needed to tell Nam Woohyun- he needed to tell him that he had fallen too deep in love with him for him to leave. Kim Sunggyu needed to tell Nam Woohyun how much he loves him- Nam Woohyun needed to know that.

 

“Doctor Kim, why are you here?”

Woohyun asked as he tilted his head, seeing a familiar face walking towards him. Woohyun was resting against the tree- his favorite spot in the whole hospital. He was shocked to see Sunggyu because he had never seen the doctor out of his room before.

 

“Doctor Kim! Why are you crying so suddenly?!”

Woohyun was alarmed when he saw Sunggyu’s eyes glistened with tears and slowly started sobbing like a child in front of him. The confused patient went to hug the doctor tightly, his back gently as he whispers comforting words into Sunggyu’s ears- trying to ease the crying doctor.

 

“D-Don’t-t c-call me-e D-Doctor-r Kim-m!”

The doctor sobbed incoherently.

 

“Alright Alright! Don’t cry huh? I will call you whatever you want me to call you. Don’t cry alright?”

Woohyun tried soothing the doctor but his words only made the doctor cry even harder.

 

“H-Hyunnie- why-y did you l-leave me?! How-w c-could you be so cruel-l to s-send me-e away-y!”

Sunggyu muttered in between his sobs.

 

“Gyu…How?”

Woohyun was shocked that Sunggyu had called him by his nickname. It can’t be…. Woohyun thought to himself as he shook his head slightly.

 

“I-I know-w t-the-e t-truth-h….My-y m-memories-s are-e b-back,”

Sunggyu sniffed as he hugged Woohyun even tighter- afraid that Woohyun would send him away to another country like how he did previously.

 

“I won’t let you send me away this time! I am not going to let you go!”

The doctor breathed in deeply before yelling into Woohyun’s embrace as Woohyun tried to calm him down.

 

“Gyu…Don’t cry anymore….I won’t be cruel anymore….Stop crying, I hate to see you cry,”

Woohyun nodded his head as he wiped off Sunggyu’s tears and kisses him. Sunggyu’s tears flowed freely as he returned back the kiss passionately. Woohyun was smiling like an idiot when they pulled apart.

 

“Hyunnie, I love you…”

Sunggyu confessed before kissing Woohyun again. Whenever their lips touches, Sunggyu felt like he was going insane. How could a simple kiss feel so good? He missed kissing Woohyun so much. Woohyun grinned widely at him after they broke the kiss.

 

“Gyu, I love you too,”

Woohyun replied as he pulls the doctor into a tight embrace. Woohyun misses Sunggyu so much- how the older fitted perfectly in his arms.

 

“Kim Sunggyu, you’re mine. Don’t ever leave my sight.”

Woohyun declared, Sunggyu’s cheeks as he stared into his eyes lovingly.   

 

“Only if you promise you’ll be right here next to me until the day I die,”

Sunggyu mumbled cheekily as he nuzzled on the crook of Woohyun’s neck.

 

“I promise,”

Woohyun nodded his head. Woohyun tightened his hold on Sunggyu’s lean waist, feeling possessive of the older. Sunggyu felt his heart keeping a beat as he could feel a warm pink blush coloring his pale face. 

 

Woohyun felt so happy he could die. Everything feels so surreal. His Sunggyu- his Gyu, was back by his side. He pinches his cheek- once, twice- it was painful. This was not a dream he had. It was real.

 

Sunggyu pulls apart as Woohyun pouted. The younger wanted to hug the doctor longer.

 

“I’ve cured patient Nam Woohyun! Nam Woohyun is not a psycho! Nam Woohyun is normal!”

Sunggyu suddenly shouted loudly before smiling and looking at Woohyun. Sunggyu repeated his shouts a few times before Woohyun, who was embarrassed- pulls him into a hug and shut him up by giving him a deep kiss.

 

At that very moment, Woohyun had never been happier.

 

The End

 ++++

END AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Guys….I’ve finally ended this series. I hope you guys had enjoyed it. Yes, it’s a happy ending (such a great improvement from me since I started so angsty right? Heheheh) Just like everyone who was supporting me through and commenting, I believe that Woogyu deserves nothing but happiness and fluff and whatever that makes them happy. ^^ Also, I would like to express my gratitude to you guys who supported me through this whole fic (spending your precious time reading them and waiting for the updates to find out that this author right here let you all down because I didn’t plan this story well enough (sorry)) And yes, I did it! I managed to finish this series despite the times I felt down about how poor my writing is. (;_;) Really thank you guys for your support! & cheers to Woogyu- the ship that will never sink (at least not in AFF). Please leave me comments about what you guys think about the ending!!!!!!!<3<3<3