Model

through the lens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Hyun's pov

We were all goofing around to forget the nervousness when I saw her walk by. She was smiling to herself. She walked up to the Shinee and talked to Tae Min. 'she's Lee Joon hyung 's girlfriend. What's her relationship to Tae Min?' I wondered.

She's too dark to be a korean. Though she has the korean feature, there's no way a Korean girl will be that dark. Every korean girl do take care of their skin. Some even bleach their skin just to look so milky skinned. She's probably a half Korean half latin or whatever. But she's pretty.  Her skin tone suit her. When she smiles, she radiates. And her eyes...compared to koreans, hers were huge and when the light hit his eyes, it sparkles.

When we performed, I saw her watching at YongHwa hyung the whole time. During my performance with Tae Min and Sang Yu, I noticed her eyes were on Tae Min alone. She was grinning happily and was clapping. Is she a player? Lee Joon hyung and Tae Min at the same time?

I was really exhausted and just want to retire at my bed. My bandmates are going back tomorrow.I'llbe left behind to do a photoshoot the day after tomorrow. A clothline chose me to be their model for fall collection. The shoot will be at the jungle and some kind of  Latin inspired theme.

"Hyung, does Lee Joon hyung have a girlfriend? " I asked. Yong Hwa and MinHyuk looked at me. " I saw him with a girl earlier and..."

"her lucky charm," Yong Hwa answered.  "she's quite interesting and sweet girl. She even fixed my blazer after she did hyung's."

"sweet," Jung Shin commented

I didn't mention that I noticed her watching Yong Hwa during our performance.

We all went to Cristo Redentor early in the morning before my bandmates flight back. It was a brief quick tour. The three left while I was whisked back to the hotel. I was kinda scared.  I was left alone in a foreign country. I have my manager and translator but I never been alone in a foreign country. I realized I was dependent to my bandmates while in overseas.

                end of Jong Hyun's POV

I was awakened by knocks. I wanted to sleep in. I don't have any schedule today except to make all the team and crew back to the airport. I put on my robe and opened the door. I didn't even think about my appearance.

"happy birthday little monkey!" my brother attacked me with hug.

Tae Min and Ho Won barged in.

Happy birthday noona!"Ho Won kissed me.

"Ya! Lee Ho Won!" I yelled and noticed my parents. "mommy? dad. ." I pushed away the boys and hugged my parents.

"okay, young lady, 20 minutes . We'll see you at the lobby . We're going for a breakfast. Tae Min and Ho Won are leaving early today," my brother said and they left.

My brother's the sweetest brother in the world. We had a breakfast at the hotel. My brother made a reservation in a private room. The crew had a beautiful pancakes with happy birthdays on it.

"happy birthday my little monkey," my brother kissed me in the cheek and put a necklace on my neck.

"oppa, you should have asked me what I want," I pouted.

"young lady, you were taught to thank whatever gift you receive.." mom said gently.

"sorry mom," I apologized.

"you'll find your gift at your house when you get home," my brother winked at me.

"you're the best oppa,"

"noona, we should have party when you get back." Ho Won sneered.

Ho Won was as sweet even when he was growing up. I last saw him when he joined the entertainment world. I love this kid. "I want a gift.. An expensive one if you'll throw party for me. Duh.. You are earning triple than I do. Maybe more." I rolled my eyes. "I want a  roundtrip ticket to Cambodia"

"Cambodia? " Ho Won repeated. "What are you going to do in Cambodia?"

"honey, I am an environmentalist slash photographer. There are lots of interesting to see in Cambodia.  I am pretty sure you have fans in there," I scowled at him.

"Wanna bet?" Ho Won challenged me.

"and what are you gonna bet?" I rested my chin on my left hand.

Ho Won was thinking. "a camera of your choice"

"deal." I accepted.

"Ho Won-ah, you don't know what you're betting." Tae Min  was worried. " you know we have international fans."

"yeah.. But Cambodia?"

"are you under estimating Cambodians?" I glared at him.

"I don't mean that but.."

"deal is a deal" I glared at him. "what time are you guys leaving?" I changed the topic.

"we all have the same flight. How about you hyung? " Tae Min turned to my brother.

"my bandmates are leaving with you guys. I'll spend the day with my family.

After breakfast, we went around the city. We avoided the cristo redentor. Most of the performers will be heading that way. We enjoyed walking. I was just worried my brother will be spotted and oh my dad as well.

My parents retired for the day. My brother took me to shopping. I told him I didn't bring dress for the dinner. I told you my brother spoiled me. Since I went back to Korea and if he has the chance, he hangs out at my house. He never fails to buy me something if he goes overseas. We sometimes hang out around but not that long. We're afraid his fans might spot us and will think me as her girlfriend. Well one look and we could pass as one though. That's why I'm kinda scared once he gets himself a girlfriend. But I hope his girlfriend and I will go along.

I walked back to my hotel room when I bumped to a familiar face. I can't place where I met him.

"hi" he greeted in Korean.

"hello."

"Lee Joon hyung's lucky charm," he smirked.

I raised my brows. When did my brother went around talking about me? "you can say that," I pressed my floor level. "where did we met? I'm sorry but I've a weak memory,"

"this is our first meeting. I just overheard Lee Joon hyung at the backstage during the performance last night."

"oh.." I didn't asked further as I reach my floor level. "have a good evening"

I changed to my dress and applied make up. Now I am afraid I'll be recognized as Kim Hye Yeon, the pulitzer winner. I cautiously walked out of the hotel and directed the cab to the restaurant my brother reserved. He messaged me earlier that he was leaving early to pickup my parents. I asked the receptionist for my reservation.

"Hi, Miss Kim Hye Yeon?" Someone came up.

I smiled.

"oh my God! I knew it. I'm from Canada. I loved your works." she was so excited.

"Thank you." I smiled again. I signed his notebook. I noticed she's a photographer by the notes on the pages.

"Thank you very much and oh... You looks so pretty,"

I bowed as the receptionist lead me to my table. I'm glad it was a secluded area. My brows raised when I saw four people on the table. I know all the artist left.

"you look beautiful honey, " mom complimented.

My brother and the guest turned to me. I was shocked. It's the guy at the elevator.

"thanks mom." I kissed her cheek and dad got up to give me a hug. "oppa bought me the dress,"

"you're stunning" my brother give me a peck on the head and pulled a chair for me. I looked at his eyes and my eyes landed to the guy in the chair.

"oh, this is Lee Jong Hyun. I bumped into him. I thought they all left. He said he has some work to do tomorrow. He's alone so I invited him for dinner. I hope you don't mind. Jong Hyun, my lucky charm, Kim Hye Yeon."

We shook hands across the table. Our eyes met and I took back mine first.

My brother made sure the dinner was special. Everything was perfect. The staff brought me a cake with a Brazilian flag. And everything.

I cried. I was overwhelmed.  I had the best family in the world. I got up and hugged him from the back.  "You're the best oppa.  I love you."

"when was the last time you celebrated your birthday?" My brother took my hand and kissed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter