07-12

Insomnia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu questions his uality preference when he finds himself staring at the pictures that the basketball player is tagged in. 

"Omg, what's wrong with me? Okay, I need to go look at ies instead of this" with that said, Sunggyu exited the page and attempted to search for hot women under the "discover" tag. However, he fails because he sees that the current page is Woohyun posing cutely with a friend at the recent concert the school hosted.

 

07: 

Sunggyu heaved a bunch of his literature texts in his arms and tried to walk normally without tripping with the bulky books blocking his vision. 

He was on his way to the school's field to study at his usual study spot. The journey to the field required him to pass by the basketball court which made him move his neck to try and see if a certain basketball player was present. 

To his disappointment, Sunggyu was alone with his texts. He sighed and began analyzing his Shakespeare text, not forgetting to take a last look at the court. 

In the midst of his annotation and analysis of Macbeth, he received serious nature calls and ran to the washroom nearby. It was probably the Mac and cheese he had for lunch. 

After he had finished his business and exited the stall, he heard footsteps from outside and to his surprise, it was two basketball players. Both made Sunggyu's heart stop momentarily, one because he was Woohyun, and the other was because he looked really pale. 

"What happened to you, Hoya?" Sunggyu  managed to function again after he snapped out of his daze. 

Hoya's face and usual pink lips were the colour of a sheet of plain paper and his movements were slow and drowsy. Sunggyu suspected he was having fainting spells, couldn't blame the other, the weather was quite warm lately. 

Hoya weakly muttered a "dizzy" before he emptied the contents in his stomach in the sink. Woohyun who was behind him, assisted Hoya by patting his back. 

Fortunately for Sunggyu, he had prior first aid knowledge and knew how to handle the situation. 

"Woohyun," Sunggyu started and felt a little weird to be saying that name, "bring Hoya to the sick bay to rest, the cooler environment there would be best for him. Tell the nurse to give him a cup of warm water and let him lie down for a while. If he still feels faint, elevate his legs so that blood can flow to his head." 

Woohyun was a little shocked by the sudden advice and calmness of the other male but still nodded his head for acknowledgement. 

And that was the first time ever that Woohyun actually made eye contact with Sunggyu. Sunggyu had to hide the blush that was threatening to form in his cheeks by running out of the washroom. 

Halfway into escaping the about-to-be awkward situation, Sunggyu realized he didn't wash his hands.

"Damn you, Nam Woohyun." He facepalmed himself and realized how gross his hands were then he freaked out, running to another washroom to clean his hands. 


08:

Besides twitter, Sunggyu also liked to crash his Instagram. Things weren't any better when he discovered Woohyun's Instagram account. Like his twitter, the basketball player barely had any photos of him and didn't have a profile picture again. 

"If I follow him, will he think I'm some stalker? What if he hates me and ignores me?" Sunggyu ponders if he should follow the basketball player. 

Sunggyu recalls the time when Woohyun followed him back on twitter and that made him excited. It also gave him an invisible push to click the "follow" button. 

Before Sunggyu left to do his library duties, he refreshed the notification page and also admired all of Woohyun's pictures, those he posted and those he was tagged in. 

Most of those that he was tagged in were ones with his basketball team, they all shone so bright with smiles equally glaring. Sunggyu would take in those features from his face to his biceps and to his legs, admitting that Woohyun was practically flawless. 

In the midst of fangirling over the selca he took with a friend that he posted, his careless fingers accidentally liked the photo. To make things even worse, it was a post from two years ago. Two freaking years ago. 

"Great, now he thinks I'm a stalker. What have I done? Kim Sunggyu, why are you so stupid?" He cursed himself and he tried to rewind his actions before it was too late. 

Sunggyu threw his phone on the table and buried his hands into his face to hide his shame. He prayed that the other male wouldn't receive the notification. 

"I hate you, Instagram." He mumbled into his hands as he cursed the innocent social networking website. 


09:

A year had whizzed past and to everyone's surprise, the day of the annual basketball championship came sooner than expected. 

Sunggyu had the privilege of attending the match again, but this time, he went with a happier and excited heart. 

Before he left the house, he contemplated bringing the fanboard he spent the entire night doing. After much time deciding, he decided to leave it at home to collect dust. 

At the stadium, Sunggyu tried not to be obvious in cheering for his favourite player though his self control failed him occasionally as he would jump up whenever Woohyun managed to get the ball or he scored. 

Sungyeol, who was sitting beside Sunggyu during the match, stared at the older male weirdly as Sunggyu was already suffering from a sore throat but was still using his tender raw throat to show support for the team. He thought Sunggyu sounded like a dying frog and he shuddered at that thought. 

However, things weren't going well for their basketball team. The scores were extremely close and there were only a few minutes left. 

The opponent team were surprisingly stronger than what the basketball team had expected, they had better stamina and attack than before, which gave them an advantage. 

The seconds were slowly ticking. Sunggyu's eyes shifted from the game to the ticking clock. It was a tie and sadly, the opponent team were performing better than their basketball team. 

"You can do it, Woohyun." Sunggyu silently prayed for the basketball player who was looking very worried on the court. 

That short line magically helped and Woohyun managed to snatch the basketball from the unsuspecting opponent, earning cheers from their school, the loudest and most raspy one was from Sunggyu. 

Unfortunately, good things didn't seem to last and tables were turned; the ball was now in the property of the opponent team as the larger size opponent knocked Woohyun down to snatch the basketball. 

Sunggyu's heart clenched as he saw Woohyun fall, and it must have hurt both mentally and physically because the opponent could score the winning goal and Woohyun also fell on his front. He stared worriedly at the fallen basketball player, who had a little difficulty standing back up probably because of the impact of the previous fall. 

"Three, two, one!" The spectators counted down and at the final second, the basketball slid into the hoop, earning the winning goal. 

The side of the spectator stand where Sunggyu was in was pretty quiet while there were loud cheers coming from the opposite side. Everyone from their school were all shocked and definitely felt sad when they saw how devastated the basketball players looked. 

Sunggyu watched how the basketball players from his school calmly went over to the winning team to shake hands with them. After showing such sportsmanship, he noticed how they a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter