01-06

Insomnia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Are fifteen incidents enough for Sunggyu's heart and mind to finally come to an agreeable answer? 

 

01: 

Sunggyu fidgeted and squirmed in his seat from the uncomfortableness in being present at the basketball match. Sports and Sunggyu were antonyms, he would choose hanging out at the library with his favorite collection and perhaps a warm cup of Lipton tea, over moving his body for exercise anytime. 

He was made to support his class which consisted of four basketball players, at the annual championship, and one of his good friends was playing as well so he couldn't reject. 

Oh how much Sunggyu wished he could just sneak out and hop onto a bus to his favourite library which was coincidentally near the sports stadium. But no, he was stuck amongst the crowd of enthusiastic classmates who were cheering their lungs out. 

Sunggyu thought he might as well make the best use of his time and decided to look around for any available source of suitable entertainment. 

He was about to observe a passing housefly nibble on some candy left on the floor but was interrupted by a whistle being blown. Sunggyu turned his head towards the game and realized it was the referee giving a basketball player from his school a free throw. 

Sunggyu squinted his eyes and took a closer look at the player who was now the center of attention. He held his breath as the player leapt and the ball flew smoothly from his hands into the hoop, scoring the winning goal, earning their school the championship. 

While the entire team was jumping with joy and tossing the player into the air for the celebratory ritual, Sunggyu's eyes stuck to a certain basketball player and damn, he had to admit that even from his seat that was pretty far from the court, he agreed that the player was a shining and mysterious star, part of it from the glimmering sweat. 

The trip to the library was just Sunggyu's mind being clouded by that basketball player. There was something so attractive about that guy, and Sunggyu swore to find out that something. 


02: 

Lady Luck must have been smiling at Sunggyu, or his good deeds paid off because the next day, at his new biology class, he spotted a familiar back. 

To make Sunggyu even happier, he was assigned to sit in front of that basketball player. He felt like the happiest guy on earth as he took his seat and took a glimpse of the player. 

It was hard to take a clear look at the basketball player's face without being a total creep and that made Sunggyu sad as he wanted really badly to see how this star looked like. 

Luck was again on his side as the biology teacher distributed some assignments and Sunggyu had to control himself from snatching the assignments from his deskmate. He calmly took the set of a papers and took a deep breath before he turned around to face the grand truth. 

Sunggyu was lucky he didn't have a weak heart because if he did, he probably would have collapsed on the ground from a cardiac arrest at the gorgeous view. He handled it like a man and turned back to his seat to fangirl internally. 

Though it was a mere three seconds, as the basketball player wasn't paying attention and Sunggyu had to hold the papers a little longer to get the other's attention fortunately, Sunggyu managed to capture the features.

Under that neatly kept fringe, small eyes, probably from the lack of sleep, and hanging from them were two bags of darker skin. A slender nose from between his eyes and ending just above pink full lips. Cheekbones high enough to compliment the small smile that he gave. 

Sunggyu couldn't find a single flaw in the basketball player's face, he even found the eye bags adorable as he resembled a panda. And Sunggyu found pandas adorable. 

Throughout the entire biology lesson, he tried to find excuses to sneak a peak at that face again but only succeeded when the teacher had called on the basketball playe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter