Forever Love

Forbidden Heart

“Do people always fall in love with things they can't have?'

 

 

It was raining.

That evening. 

Changhyun looked over at the small fountain on the hospital’s garden. The running water out from angel’s statue was stunning and it gave him mixed feelings.

The endless flowing, the continuous flowing, he want to feel like that. To feel the sense of infinite coming from nothingness.  

In the world he doesn’t have to worry about being him.

About loving the things he can’t have.

The eyes with not the usual gleam like before kept wandering around the garden. Flickering here and then over peoples, flowers, birds or nothing at all.

He felt lonely. Not the kind of lonely when Sae Mi left him because she knew the sparkles in Changhyun eyes was never for her. Not the same kind of what a lonely people would feel.

It’s differ because he’s the man with no heart.

No heart to love and to be love.

And he wonder, what the man with his heart is doing right now.

A loud bang snapped his attention from the garden toward the door of his VIP ward. One young man appeared from behind it followed by a middle aged man whom Changhyun recognize from the moment he open his eyes to the world.

The petite nurse at Changhyun bed side gave a sudden squeal. Might be surprise from the sudden intrusion.

Yet the young man doesn’t even spare her a glance once he turns around, and his eyes lock on Changhyun on the bed, who stares right back.

It’s silent, but there’s no clock in the room and only the pitter-patter of the rain on the window.

The man has nice build, and black hair that is slicked back, wet from the rain. Droplet ran pass through the mole on the right side of his lips.

He’s wearing a simple t-shirt and denim pants that have become soaked from the rain, though the tension wafting off his form and muscular shoulders doesn’t belong to any ordinary man.

‘’Changhyun,’’ he says, and there’s a filter passing over his eyes, distinguished from the barrier held there. It’s a familiar one, it’s a reserved but soft one, one that’s held for one person only.

Changhyun’s mouth feels like cotton. He can only stare, and his heart is beating prominently in his chest.

‘’Jonghyun,’’ he whispers, voice cracking over - and it's the first word he has said ever since he woke up.

The man closes the distance with slow but precise steps, and he’s by Changhyun’s side, leaning down - the pace then hesitant and his seat soft on the bed as if he’s afraid Changhyun will break.

Jonghyun’s eyes are crinkling at the corners, and a soft, broken ‘’I lied, all this times.’’ leaves his lips.

“It was excruating; pretending to not love you.” Jonghyun said with absolute clarity. “I love you and I will love you until I die and if there’s a life after that, I’ll still love you.”

Jonghyun’s hand is cold when it cups Changhyun’s cheek - when the other finds his hand as well, a thumb over the front.

Jonghyun’s head is tilted a bit, and his eyes are glazed.

He has grown, and his face is far more mature, but his eyes are the same, because there’s one thing that has never left him.

A silent warmth tracks down from eyes, and his adam’s apple bobs, his brows moving in small ticks from the emotions travelling across his face, bared for Changhyun to see.

He doesn’t need to say anything more. His presence is enough.

Changhyun doesn’t do anything either, and he barely realizes how his cheeks are wet as he’s letting out breathy hiccups, inching closer in the bed, leaning into the palm that caresses him with a touch so fond it can make any man feel cherished.

Jonghyun’s lips are cold and wet, but Changhyun’s heart is becoming warm.

Changhyun closes his eyes and melts into the kiss, his other hand having drawn up to grasp at Jonghyun’s cheek as well, as if he doesn’t want to let go.

It’s silent, all except from the breath Jonghyun eases into Changhyun’s mouth, the light sound when their lips detach only to press together again.

Love that we cannot have is the one that;

Last the longest,

Hurts the deepest,

And feels the strongest.

Because it is the love we fight with all our might.

 

 

 

‘Till death do us part?’ Changyun breathes out, eyes lock with Jonghyun.

Jonghyun shake his head.

 

“Way beyond that,” he say. “Forever.”

 

  

 

*******

A/N: The end. I don’t know what to say, I just wanna thanks you lovely readers who stay with Forbidden Heart till the end. Thank You.

I told you this story won't be a happy story.

Nevertheless, I never tell you this story wouldn’t have a beautiful ending.

But its depends on how you define beautiful though.

It is a subjective matter.

 

Anyhow, last words; be who you really are.

Be real.

Be alive.

Don’t let people define who you are.