CHAPTER 3 - THAT DAY...

Because of you~~

As a month passed by, Gayeon becomes a bit comfortable with Minhyuk, as Minhyuk always helping her, having their lunch at the canteen together, and Minhyuk always asking to her about things that he didn’t sure in class. One day, in the class -- after school is over,

                “Hyuk-ah, can I ask a question?”  She asked.

                “Yes, sure… what is it?” he looked at her curiously.

                “Why you want to be my friend?”  That question makes Minhyuk chuckles a bit.

                “Hmm... because... you... look lonely... I can’t let any cute girl like you being lonely...” Minhyuk smiled.

That answer makes Gayeon feel uneasy. Suddenly she stood up and looked at Minhyuk.

                “If that is the reason why you wants to be my friend, from now on, don’t be near to me. Don’t be friend with me!” She walked away from Minhyuk. She felt like Minhyuk will treat her like others. She ran to her bicycle. She wants to go home. But suddenly, Minhyuk grabbed her arm, looked at her.

                “What’s wrong Gayeon-ah? Did I say something wrong just now?”  Minhyuk is a bit speechless when Gayeon said those things and suddenly left the class. Gayeon looked down, avoided Minhyuk gaze.

                “If I did, I’m so sorry then. I’m a new student here a month ago, and your name is the first name that I knew, when our homeroom teacher said that I can sit in front of you.”  Minhyuk tried to explain to Gayeon. He didn’t want Gayeon have a bad impression towards him.

“I just want to be alone now…” Gayeon pushed Minhyuk hands away and ride her bicycle. She just wants to be alone. She really wants to think, why she behave like that? What is the reason of her action towards Minhyuk just now? She sighed alone while her feet pedaling the bicycle.  She feels sorry to Minhyuk. The guilt feeling keeps lingering in her mind until she reached home. She gets into her room, put her things away, and then lay on bed. She grabbed her phone. There is no sign of Minhyuk. No texts, no phone calls. She decided to text him, to say sorry for what she did today. Her mind went blank. She keeps deleting the text that she had written for Minhyuk. She can’t wrote any nice apologize.

Ah, what’s wrong with me today? Aahhh chinca!” she put her phone down, grabbed her pillow and hide her face. “Maybe I just need to sleep, I should sleep…” she closed her eyes, and sleep after a moment.

 

“what time is now?” Gayeon rubbed her eyes, tried to reach her phone. “OMO! Its already 7 pm!! Why eomma didn’t wake me up?” she surprised as she never sleep that long. She went to her bathroom and cleaned herself.  after feel fresh, she sat on edge of her bed, looked at her phone.

Minhyuk must be really mad at me.. aahh.. I shouldn’t did that to him…” she mumbles alone. She thinks about what will happen tomorrow.. when she need to face him at school, in the class. She sighed, as there are no solution of avoiding him tomorrow. Well, she can’t just skip school  because her mom will be real mad at her, and she also can’t pretend to be sick because her  mom always know that she is cheating – she did it few times, and she got caught.

“Gayeon-ah, come here, its dinner time….” her mom voice cracked the silent night, as well as her thoughts. She walked to dinner table, helped her mom served the food, and both of them start to eat. They eating silently, then suddenly her mom asking,

“ you back from the school quite early today, did the boy absent today?” that question makes Gayeon in dazed for a while. Well, her mom know about Minhyuk. “ you usually have extra class with him, but today you left early…”  her mom knows about their extra class, as Minhyuk himself came to Gayeon’s house to ask her mom permission.  

“ oh, uhm…  I just wants to go home early today…  that’s all…” Gayeon answered her mom with trembled voice. She know she can’t lied to her mom, so she just says the truth. She gets up, cleaned her dishes and the dining table.  She walked into her room, and she saw a text notification on her phone. She took the phone, hoping that the text from Minhyuk.  She looked at the message, the name appeared is not Minhyuk, but its Ailee. She frowned after read the text.

“ Gayeon-ah, I really need your help. See you at canteen tomorrow, ok?” the text makes Gayeon wondered, “What happen to her? Why she needs my help?” she mumbles. “ I hope nothing serious…”