CHAPTER 2: SOMEONE NEW...

Because of you~~

“Gayeon! Wake up! You will late to school!! “

She opened her eyes slowly, turned her head to the left side of the bed. The clock shows 7.24 a.m. 

“Omo! I’m will late again!!” 

She rushed to the toilet and washed her face. After everything is done, she makes double check on things that she needs to bring to school. “Oh, my ppung ppung!” she realized that she didn’t wear her spectacles. Ppung ppung is the nick name for her spectacles. For her, ppung ppung is most precious thing to her. 

“I can’t hide my face without ppung ppung.” She used to say that when her mom asking her to remove her spectacles. 

After get everything done, she ride her bicycle to school. The 4-km journey to school always pleased her. She never says a word, or makes any complaint to her parents about that. For her, is good enough to have bicycle rather than walking to school. Indeed, she’s a good daughter.

“YA! Faster! The gates will close soon. Faster! “A voice from school gates shocked her. She cycles faster. “I can’t be late again!” As she entered the school, the school gate closed by the on-duty prefects. 

“Aigoooo...Thank god you made it! If not, it will be another new page of your name in disciplinary book.” 

That is Lee Ye Jin, or known as Ailee, the senior that always care about her. Well, actually they are cousins. Ailee always be next her when she needs anything. Ailee is quite popular in school, as she is school representative in singing. Gayeon always look up on her. For her, Ailee is her idol. She wants to be like Ailee when the time comes.

She entered the class with sorrow. Is not like she hates the school or the class. No, she is worm-book. She loves learning and studying. Just classmates, always hurt her. They used called her as “trash of class” or “ugly duckling”. They always bullied her. Ailee will be the person who always hears her, who cares about her, the rest, no. She walking towards her desk and as usual, there will be a lot of rubbish on her desk. They put the rubbish on purpose. There will be a time when someone throwing banana skin towards her purposely. What she can do? She used to cry every time she gets back from school. After she cleaned her desk, the classroom teacher came in. 

“Ok, today you will have a new friend. Come in! “The new student came in. the class start to make noise. The girls look at him tip to toe. “WOW! Handsome boy!” one of the girls whispered to her friends. “Introduce yourself to the class.” The teacher gives him a minute to introduce him to the class. The class becomes silent, just to hear him.  “Hello, my name is Lee Minhyuk. I’m from Incheon. Nice to meet all of you.” His voice breaks the silence of the class. His eyes looked at empty spot of the class, and then he saw an empty desk in front of Gayeon. “You may sit in front of Gayeon, Minhyuk”. The teacher asked him to sit at the place that he fixed his eye on. He moves towards the desk, looking at Gayeon that not looking at him at all. “She shy, perhaps...” his heart whispered. 

Her watch showing 1.30 p.m. she prepared to go home. She took all her book and put it inside her bag. Minhyuk wanted to try to start conversation with Gayeon.

“Oh, the class is over already, Gayeon-ni?” that question stops her movement. “How did he know my name?” she asked silently. “Huh? Yes, it is over, you can go home now.” She talks while fixing her ppung.” But why they not going?” he pointed to a group of students at the corner of the class. “Oh, they..they involved in school performance. So they will be home late.” Gayeon explained to Minhyuk while looking down. “Annyeonghigasaeyo.” Gayeon say goodbye to Minhyuk. Minhyuk smiled while looking at Gayeon that so cute to him. He seems pleased with Gayeon behavior just now. 

“You look cute, Gayeon. You are...”