Chapter Eleven

Past Perplexity [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Jee believed everything was a dream until she was jarred from it to see that she still in the motel room that Luhan had put her in and someone who was insistently knocking on her door.

With a few choice curse words, Min Jee opened the door widely and was promptly pushed out of the way by Luhan himself dragging Chen with him who stumbled a few times getting into the confines of the room.

“Next time you answer more quickly and never open the door like that so easily to anybody,” Luhan warned with narrowed eyes, “You never know, I could have been someone else dangerous.”

“Right,” Min Jee mumbled rubbing her eyes sleepily before she yawned, “what side of the bed did you wake up on?”

“Ask him.” Luhan said gruffly pointing at a now seemingly innocent looking Chen.

“What?” Chen asked but then noticed the glare Luhan was giving him, “Fine so I may have actively tried to avoid him all night and yet he somehow found me anyways early in the morning at the café.”

“I had to face my ex-employer again and explain my actions; I didn’t need that added stress!” Luhan growled as he fell onto the bed, “He was begging me to come back and now I feel bad. I hate you Chen.”

“Love you too princess.” Chen replied and then noticed Min Jee who was leaning her head against the wall and blinking her eyes lazily and trying her best not to topple over, “Nice hair.”

The comment woke Min Jee up and she ran a quick hand through her hair in embarrassment. She quickly gave up trying though when she had too many tangles and no brush. It’s not as if she was trying to impress anyone anyways.

“So what happens now?” Min Jee asked as she watched Chen make himself comfortable on the bed beside Luhan. Luhan pushed the male off not long after.

“We go to the stone site. Hopefully with you two together, something should happen.” Luhan answered.

“You mean the flashing lights show?” Chen butted in, “That already happened.”

Luhan’s eyes widened, “And it didn’t occur to you guys to tell me?”

“Well we were trying to figure out how we were involved in this to remember to update you on everything we found out,” Min Jee said, “on our own by the way.”

“Do you even know what that means though?” Luhan said, outright ignoring Min Jee’s tone, “Basically it solidifies the fact that you two are chosen.”

“What?” Chen asked, eyes wide.

“Oh yeah,” Min Jee stated, “We’re supposed to save the world apparently.”

If it were possible, Min Jee saw Chen’s eyes even grow even wider.

“Not ‘save the world’,” Luhan commented, “just keep Chaos locked away.”

Realizing that Chen didn’t know the information that she did, Min Jee quickly explained her findings yesterday as well as how they tied into it all. She also added why they were temporarily on the run.

It took a few minutes of computing it all before Chen was able to function again.

The said male rubbed his forehead in agitation, mumbling to himself. A few swear words and complaints went past his lips and he walked back and forth across the room as Luhan and Min Jee followed him with their eyes. Soon enough, he whirled around to face them and clapped his hands.

“Okay,” Chen said with a smile, “obviously we were chosen because we’re the best. And so I accept that with the highest of compliments.”

Min Jee just stared at him.

The fact that he could look at the bleak situation and turn it into something more cheerful and somewhat egotistical was quite astounding to her. She briefly wondered if he had something questionable to drink that morning because she didn’t feel the same way as he did.

Though, seeing Chen accept it so easily like that, Min Jee felt a bit better over the whole ordeal. Maybe being around his overly positive attitude for a longer period of time, she would learn to accept it too.

“Now what?” Chen asked.

“Now you meet the others I guess.” Luhan said and Min Jee look at him surprised.

“Really?” Min Jee questioned trying to keep her excitement to a minimum, if there were others; it would mean a better chance for them to handle the situation.

“It’s time.”  Luhan nodded at her. “But I do have blind fold you guys when I bring you to our headquarters. We’re still a bit private about that to outsiders.”

“.” Chen commented.

Min Jee rolled her eyes, and Luhan copied her.

At least with Chen along, it would definitely make things more entertaining.

*

*

*

The ride there was bumpy and despite the fact that Min Jee was seated very nicely in Luhan’s car with her seatbelt on that didn’t mean she didn’t suffer at least some bruises along the way. It was after all very disorienting when she no longer had her sight with her anymore.

At first she tried to memorize the twists and turns that Luhan took but she was lost after the fifth turn. Chen who was beside her in the backseat, from what she could hear, was snoring so he wasn’t much help at all. She took a prediction though, that they were about an hour and a half from the motel where they left.

When Luhan finally stopped the car and told her to take off her blindfold, she breathed a sigh of relief after she was blinded by the morning sun. Kicking Chen softly on his leg, the male snorted as he jolted awake and with slow hands he raised his own blindfold.

“We’re here?” Chen asked, stating the obvious.

Min Jee didn’t bother to answer him as she studied the house they drove to. It was a farmhouse, and based on the broken porch that no one should be walking on, spider webs and chipped off paint, it was abandoned.

Looking from where they came from, there was no road leading up to it though what was more interesting was the fact that Luhan didn’t lead them to the house, but to the barn in the back.

Pushing the door open, Luhan entered with the two following close behind. As she walked in Min Jee expected something more extraordinary but all she saw was hay. It was then when Luhan walked between two stacks of them near the corner of the barn and bent down to open a draw hatch of sorts that she finally got it.

Quietly, the three of them descended down some metal stairs that led into a cool and dark tunnel. After a couple minutes of trekking through a tunnel that seemed to grow smaller as they went on, it finally opened up into a wide room, lit up with lamps placed all around. The dirt floor gave way to steel grating that spread throughout the whole room. In the corner was a bright purple sofa and in the middle of the room was a table laid with books and scrolls. There was another tunnel that wasn’t lit by lamps that led somewhere else but Luhan told them to stay around the area and the two had no choice but to oblige.

She imagined the place in which Luhan’s ‘cult’ resided, would have been more sinister with candles and dark tapestry. When she voiced her thoughts to Luhan though, he laughed.

“Do you know how much of a haphazard that is?” Luhan said with a smile.

Min Jee just shrugged with a pout. So what if she had an overactive imagination, it was warranted.

Chen took t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter