Chapter 1

Gone

1
De-Pres-Sion
Noun
Noun: depression; plural noun: depressions
Severe despondency and dejection typically felt over a period of time and accompanied by feelings of hopelessness and inadequacy.

Kyungsoo sat in the quaint coffee shop waiting for his caramel frappe and blueberry muffin to be called and he could go on about his business. “Caramel Frappe and a blueberry muffin.” The barista said in a barely audible whisper. Kyungsoo jumped out of his seat and ran to the counter with astounding resolve until something got in his way. A tall man with dark red hair who was reaching for the small piece of heaven. There was only one solution to the situation that has caused him to go to drastic measures. In an attempt to trip the other male, Kyungsoo fell and hit his head on the counter before passing out from the pain shooting across his skull.
After what felt like an eternity of sleeping, His eyes fluttered open to see the same male staring at him with concerned eyes. “Are you okay?” Now that Kyungsoo could see his face perfectly, He realized that he was stunningly gorgeous. “I’m Kyungsoo. Hi. My name is fine.” He realized what he just said and slapped his hand over his mouth. The other man chuckled at his slip up and sat on the floor next to him. “Hi fine. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Chanyeol.” Chanyeol smiled widely revealing his abundance of teeth. “Sorry for going all hunger games on you and trying to grab the order first.” Kyungsoo didn’t have the courage to look at him in his eyes until he felt his hair being ruffled. “It’s okay. You’re going to get me killed one day.”
Kyungsoo shot up quickly in his bed and tried to reach for Chanyeol only to find the cold spot that hasn’t been occupied for two months. He shifted until he could sit comfortably in his bed but the sound of clanking bottles had interrupted the brief moment of peace he was experiencing. After Chanyeol’s death, He spiraled downward into a self loathing depression. None of his friends seemed to notice his sudden disappearance and he never left the safety of his room. The room that he once shared with someone he loved. His hand frantically searched for the TV remote that had been hidden on the bed under the massive pile of bottles that has accumulated on his bed. “It was just another nightmare.” He shakily lifted the remote and attempted to turn the TV on but to no avail. HE then tried to turn on the lamp next to his bed but it didn’t eve flicker.
“Is the power out?” He quizzically asked to himself as he slid out of bed and navigated through the labyrinth of old bottle of alcohol that had been strewn across the floor. Upon making it to the door he heard something strange from the other side. The sound of feet pounding against the hardwood steps. Kyungsoo reached down and picked up a bottle before opening the door and throwing it into the darkness of the house. “Hey! Is this how you treat your best friend?” Hyunsik the flashlight option on his phone and let the light reveal his face. “Hyunsik? Wha... What are you doing here?” He tried to turn the hall light on but it didn’t flicker to life either and he was seriously wondering why nothing worked. “If you don’t pay your electric bill they turn it off you know that right?” Hyunsik held up a black plastic bag and dragged Kyungsoo to his dining room before pulling out candles and lighting them.
They sat in silence staring around the dimly lit dining room as the quiet sound of rain eventually turned into a heavy downpour. “So. I came here to speak to you about something.  You’ve been missing in action for over two whole months after…” He trailed off not wanting to cause his friend to burst out into tears. “The incident. I could smell alcohol as soon as I stepped into the house and you need to get it together.” Kyungsoo was awe struck at how forward Hyunsik was with him at the moment. Before he could even explain what he was going through, Hyunsik cut him off by raising his hand. “Do you even know how much it hurts me seeing you like this? Living in an empty house that reeks of alcohol with no power and is partially wrecked? This isn’t like you at all.” Kyungsoo slammed his fist on the table and stood up with hatred in his stare. “You have no idea what I am going through right now! I lost the only person I ever loved and it was all because I thought he was cheating. You want to know what he was doing. He bought an engagement ring. For me! I don’t deserve to even be her right now!” He couldn’t feel the hot tears streaming down his face at the moment but Hyunsik rose from his seat and hugged the younger man, who was in the process of having a mental break down.
“It’s my entire fault he is dead. I don’t even deserve to live. He should be here being the usual hyper as he always is. But he isn’t and I’m to blame.” He kept going on about how it was his fault until he cried himself to sleep which broke Hyunsik’s heart to see. “Don’t worry Kyungie. You’ll find happiness again.” He lovingly brushed the hair out of the sleeping man’s eyes and smiled as he picked him up and carried him to his car out in the rain before placing him in the back seat and getting into the car himself. Without turning on the radio or waiting for the car to heat up a bit, he pulled out of the driveway and drove off to accomplish his plan.
 
***
Kyungsoo woke up in the backseat of Hyunsik’s car and he rubbed his face as the car came to a sudden halt. He groggily looked around to see the heavy rain stopped and he could clearly see a plain white building with a sign that read “Sandy Shores Rehabilitation Center” and had a tiny sun on it. “Kyungsoo. This is where you’ll be staying until you kicked yourself medicating.” Hyunsik turned off the car and practically kicked the door open before Kyungsoo could comprehend what was about to happen. Hyunsik dragged Kyungsoo, who finally realized where they were, through the moistened grass while he struggled against his grip. “Let me go this instant!! I’m perfectly okay! There isn’t anything wrong with me!” Kyungsoo tried to reason as they got closer and closer to the main entrance. The door swung open and a tall slightly tanned male with light blonde hair opened the door and stood in front of the open doorway. Kyungsoo and the man made eye contact as Hyunsik stood the younger up and made him pay attention. “I’m assuming he’s the one you called about? Come with me and I’ll give you a tour.” He smiled and Hyunsik pushed Kyungsoo into the building first so he couldn’t escape.
“First things first. I’m Kris Wu and I run this entire place. I’m also a therapist who will be available all hours. Follow me and I’ll show you the lounge area.” Kris smiled and tugged on Kyungsoo’s shirt signaling him to follow along. He begrudgingly walked along with him and his so called best friend down the pristine white hall. “A lot of our patients are free to roam around during the day but the therapy sessions are mandatory. You’re free to do whatever you want but you can’t leave unless signed out by a visitor, a family member passes away, or your therapist gives you the required signature stating you’re reason for being here is resolved.” He pushed open a set of double doors that revealed a large room painted light brown with four large couches in the shape of a square place in the center of the room. Some people had been sitting on it talking amongst each other as dull light poured in through the wall made out of windows on the other side of the room. Kyungsoo could barely make out their conversation before Kris tugged his sleeve to let him know he was moving on. They exited the room to go back into the suffocating white hallway. “Next room I’m going to show you is the garden. It’s very lovely.” They walked further away from the entrance and deeper into the facility when Kyungsoo noticed a man sitting on the floor with his face buried in his hands and he stopped for a moment. “Um. Are you okay?” He cautious approached the stranger and the stranger lifted his head up and stared at him slightly hiding the look of confusion behind his dark locks of hair. “I’m perfectly fine. Just napping. You must be visiting someone. You’re not wearing the required wrist band. I’m Taehyung.” Taehyung smiled widely and rolled up the sleeve of his light blue jean jacket to reveal a pale blue wristband. “It means substance abuse. Or was it addiction?” He rolled up his other sleeve to reveal a bright orange wristband and he laughed to himself. “Orange is for substance abuse and whatever shade of blue this is means addiction.”
Kyungsoo was thrown off by his wrist bands and jumped slightly when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He spun on his heel quickly to see Kris staring at him slightly concerned. “Please stay with us.” Taehyung waved goodbye and went back to holding his head in his hands as Kyungsoo started to walk with Kris. They walked in silence until they reached the open door leading outside to the garden. “Namjoon. If you don’t stay here then you’ll get back on drugs. Do you really want that?” The councilor sat across from a blonde male with pale skin wearing a dark orange wristband. He kept frantically running his hands through his hair before revealing his blood shot eyes to the councilor. “I haven’t gotten an ounce of sleep since I got here. All I can think about was that I caused the death of my older brother. I was drunk behind the wheel. Seokjin didn’t deserve that. He had dreams.” Kyungsoo watched as he his face into his hands in an attempt to muffle his sobs. The therapist made eye contact with him before Kris ushered him away to another part of the garden.
“Where did my friend go?” Kyungsoo looked around and noticed Hyunsik had successfully disappeared without a single trace of him ever being there and Kris started to look slightly nervous. “He thought it would be best if he left without you noticing. He should be long gone by now. Would you like me to show you to your room?” Kris had a light smirk on his face that he was attempting to hide behind a genuine smile and Kyungsoo nodded his head slightly. Kris led the younger male out of the garden and back into the stark white hallways of the facility. They stopped at a sea foam green door and he opened it revealing a sea foam green and turquoise room with two beds in each corner and a desk against the wall on the far side of the room. “The desk is for you to write your journal at. You'll get yours tomorrow.” Kyungsoo cautiously entered the room and turned quickly when he heard the soft sound of someone siting up on the bed by the door. “Oh it's you again. We can have a sleep over now.” Taehyung just smiled widely as he ran his fingers through his hair. Kyungsoo knew one thing was going to happen. He wouldn't survive in this place for long.

_______________________________________

Ah~ Short update. I apologize if it seemed rushed. I saved it on my phone and had to remove some parts for the editing process.

Words:1,984

Also I'm going to start a word count of each chapter

Please ejoy the update~