Prologue

Gone

 Prologue

Do Kyungsoo sat at the desk of his boring office job as rain and snow pelted the window he was sitting across from. The howling December wind could be heard over the tasteless classical music that his best friend Hyunsik played in the waiting room of the Dentistry office he owned.There was a scared four year old trembling in the seat in fear his older sister wouldn’t make it out of her root canal appointment alive. One thought kept running through Kyungsoo’s mind getting his blood boiling hotter and hotter each and every time he came back to the thought. The thought of his boyfriend for twelve years cheating on him. The thought had been running rampant ever since he found skin tight pink briefs that he wouldn’t be caught dead in under the bed he shared with his lover. Kyungsoo could already feel his face heat up from the thought of Chanyeol sleeping around with someone else. The patient slowly stumbled out of the back office and her brother let out a sigh of relief as he followed them to the door and closed it behind them.

“As your best friend I feel as if I have to ask you why do you look like a cherry?” Hyunsik said with a sly smirk that made Kyungsoo even angrier. “Two things. The fact that Chanyeol is stupid enough to cheat on me and the fact he did it in our bed.” He gripped the door handle trying to rip it off but Hyunsik stopped him before he hurt himself. “Talk to it about him. See if you guys can work it out.” Hyunsik tried his best to smile at his friend but Kyungsoo ripped the door open and stormed out of the office and down the stairs. He trekked his way out into the raging storm to his gray Volkswagen Jetta that had been park close to the building he worked in. He climbed into the driver’s side and tried his best to remove flakes of snow from his raven hair before turning on the car and turning the heat all the way up. The radio had been turned off but he swore he heard the faint sound of chimes floating around the car. Kyungsoo searched his car thoroughly before checking under the passenger seat to find Chanyeol’s phone ringing. The caller ID read “Minki”. He had the strong urge to answer it but whoever was calling gave up and left a voice mail.

Kyungsoo sat in the front seat of his car trying to determine if it was worth violating Chanyeol’s privacy and listening to the voice message. He punched in his birth date when he entered the password to Chanyeol’s inbox and waited with baited breath as he listened to it. “Yeollie. Did you honestly forget about our plans tonight? I bought the-“Before the message finished, Kyungsoo threw the phone at the dashboard and angrily hit the steering wheel as his suspicions were confirmed. Chanyeol had been cheating on him but the main question was for how long. He threw the car in reverse, backed out ofthe parking space, and sped off towards his house in a haste to get home to confront the one person he trusted the most. The storm seemed to pick up with each mile he reached that brought him closer to home. He pulled onto his street and could see that Chanyeol’s car was parked in the driveway. He started seeing red the closer he got to their pale blue two story house. Kyungsoo parked his car on the street and didn’t bother turning it off as he jumped out and ran around the house to the back door knowing Chanyeol would have left it unlocked. He tiptoed into the house as he heard Chanyeol laughing on his way to the kitchen. Chanyeol turned the kitchen light on to see a soaking wet Kyungsoo standing in the middle of the kitchen seething in anger. “Soo. You got caught in the storm?” Chanyeol tried to touch him but the younger slapped his hand away. “Don’t you dare touch me Park ing Chanyeol. How could you? Am I really that easy?!” Kyungsoo threw his keys at Chanyeol and reached for something else to grab and throw.

“Calm down Sweetie. What’s wrong?” Chanyeol tried to move closer to Kyungsoo but the younger male could see Chanyeol knew he was caught. “Don’t pretend you don’t know what’s wrong. Who the is Minki and why are you ing him?! Am I not enough for you?! You had to go find some to satisfy you?!” Kyungsoo kept moving dangerously close to the knives and he didn’t realize it but Chanyeol noticed it quickly. He finally gave up on the façade and his face quickly turned into a scowl. “You know what. I’m tired of this bull. I can’t deal with this anymore Do Kyungsoo. If I come home late a couple of times you automatically jump to the conclusion that I’m cheating. Do you not trust me enough?! What did I do for you to have such little faith in me?!?” Chanyeol slammed his hand on the marble counter of their kitchen and it shook the entire room. Kyungsoo thought about backing down but his pride wouldn’t let him. “How long Chanyeol. How long have you been ing around?!” Kyungsoo picked up a plate that had been carelessly left on the counter and threw it past Chanyeol’s head and it smashed against the tan wall behind him. “I don’t have to put up with this . I’m leaving.” Chanyeol walked past Kyungsoo and slammed the door behind him as the weight of all of their problems had started to crash down on him. His vision slowly faded until all he saw was darkness as he walked through the house.

***

Kyungsoo sat in the now destroy bedroom he shared with Chanyeol staring at a bright red ring box in the center of the floor. His entire world had started crumbling down with the mere thought of Chanyeol not loving him anymore. “It’s my fault. I don’t know why I thought he was cheating.” Kyungsoo kept hitting his head against the wall he was leaning against as the house phone started ringing a bit too loudly for his liking. He turned over the mattress that had been uprooted from the elegant black wood bed frame and found the phone hiding under the bed before he answered it. “Channie. I’m sorry I reacted that way. Plea-.” He was cut off before he could even finish the sentence by an unfamiliar male voice. “Is this Do Kyungsoo?” The voice said slightly unsure about if he dialed the right number “Yes. This is him.” Panic slowly crept through his entire being as the pregnant pause didn’t seem to be letting up anytime soon. “My name is Choi Siwon. And I’m calling from sacred heart national hospital. We have a patient here by the name of Park Chanyeol who has you listed as an emergency contact. I regret to inform you that he has been in an accident and just came out of surgery. We were able to stop the internal bleeding cause by the accident. We just need you to come down and sign some papers then you can see him.” Kyungsoo let out the breath he had been holding since the doctor had mentioned Chanyeol was in an accident and he hung up without saying anything.

He ran out into the now dying storm and got into his car that had been running the entire time. He checked the gas gauge and noticed how closely it had been to empty but it didn’t matter. He needed to get to the hospital as soon as possible. He took off down the road like aspeed demon while breaking all traffic laws. He didn’t stop for red lights as he pulled into the hospital parking lot and he turned the car off before running to the hospital. The lobby had been calm and quiet until Kyungsoo ran up to the front desk practically hysterical. “Is Park Chanyeol here? Please tell me he’s okay. Where is he?” The nurse couldn’t make eye contact as the doctor he presumed the doctor coming around the corner was doctor Siwon. He started running until he heard what he had been saying. “Date. December 21st, 2014. Time of death is midnight.” Kyungsoo’s eyes started to widen and tear up as he instantly realized one crucial thing had happened. He didn’t get to say goodbye.

_____________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read my new story

It's slightly different from my usual writing style but I figured it was something worth giving a try

Aside from my usual comedic style this story will be much darker than the  others I've written

Please leave feedback in the comment section to let me know if I'm doing a good job

Please enjoy it ^^

*For those of you who have read this chapter already The date was changed for storyline purposes