Chapter 2

Gone

2

Isolation

the process or fact of isolating or being isolated.

 

It has been three weeks since Kyungsoo joined the rehabilitation program not of his own accord. The thought of Chanyeol kept driving in his mind more and more which caused him to grow more and more distant in the therapy sessions. His roommate Taehyung kept trying to get him to open up but to no avail. Kyungsoo sat on his bed scribbling in his journal “You know. You write a lot for someone who doesn't like to speak.” Taehyung was upside down on his bed and he stared at his elder. “You shouldn't be this nosy for someone who is younger than me.” Kyungsoo bitterly retorted and he knew that he was successful because of Taehyung's silence. “Well you just need to forgive yourself. Then you won't be a mess like you are now.” With that remark being said, Taehyung flopped onto the floor, stood up, and exited the room leaving Kyungsoo sitting there mouth agape. “The nerve of that little punk.” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself as there was a knock on the door.

He waited for a couple of seconds before whoever was behind the door opened it. Chanyeol's younger brother Jimin walked into the room before closing the door behind him. He sat on Taehyung's bed with his eyes on Kyungsoo, who didn't even bother to look up. “Kyungsoo. It's me. Jimin. I came to see how you're doing.” Jimin gripped the edge of his jacket roughly as the older male slightly tensed up. “I'm good. Leave.” Jimin could tell that he didn't want to be seen by anyone from the bitterness in his tone. “Kyungsoo. You know my family doesn't blame you for what happened. But I have something to tell you.” Kyungsoo slammed his journal on the bed and stared at Jimin with renewed anger. “What do you have to tell me? That Chanyeol took you ring shopping with him? That instead of yelling I should have listened to him? If you're going to say any one of those then leave!” Kyungsoo was fairly certain that Kris would hear him and he could get Jimin escorted out.

The door opened up and Kris's familiar blond hair was replaced with Taehyung's dark blue hair coming into the room. The young boy seemed visibly annoyed with who was in the room. “Why are you in here? You should know visitors aren't allowed to come into the personal space of the guests here. Now leave or I'll have to personally you out.” Taehyung cracked his knuckles and tried his best to keep a neutral expression on his face.

Jimin on the other hand looked genuinely surprised about being threatened before he stood up and looked at Kyungsoo one last time. “We don't blame you. Just know that.” He started to leave before he stopped next to Taehyung and whispered something in his ear that the eldest male couldn't hear. Jimin walked to the door and opened it before slamming it closed. Taehyung quickly moved to Kyungsoo and started checking his face and arms. “What are you doing?” Kyungsoo just stared at the younger male as if he was crazy and Taehyung just laughed before moving away from him. “Nothing. Just checking to see if you were hurt. He got in here I just wanted to make sure you were okay.” He laughed to himself before picking up his journal and writing in it while Kyungsoo gave him a strange look. “Okay then.” Kyungsoo just got off of his bed and walked out of the room while trying to figure out where to go. After a series of turns through the stark white corridors, One door caught his attention in particular. A dark brown door nestled at the end of the hall with the words “Contraband” written in red bold letters.

The door was barely opened a crack but he heard the most melodious voice flowing out of the room that drew him closer to the door. He inched closer and closer the voice stopped singing and the person opened the voice. A young boy with shoulder length blonde hair and pale skin just gasped when he noticed Kyungsoo's presence. “Oh you scared me. I'm.... Ren. Choi Ren. It was a pleasure to meet you. But I have to go.” Ren sped off down the hall leaving Kyungsoo slightly suspicious about why Ren acted that way. He stared back at the door and noticed that it was opened just a crack. Temptation had been slowly rising within his being but his conscious kept reminding him he was here to get healthy. “It won't hurt to just take a peek inside.” He whispered to himself as he inched closer to the door while reaching for the handle.

***

Kris had been patrolling the darkened halls to make sure everyone had been safely in their rooms. It was a quarter to one in the morning and the march rain gently tapped against the glass windows softly. There was the sounds of soft sobbing floating through the empty halls. Kris's curiosity had gotten the best of him and he voyaged down the hall to find the source. He tiptoed through the empty halls silently humming the mission impossible theme song in his head. He neared the source of the sobbing and realized that it was coming from the contraband room. Kris slowly advanced on the door with his arm stretched out until his hand touched the cold metal door handle. He knew it was now or never as he slowly opened the door to see that Kyungsoo was slumped against the wall surrounded by a dozen empty bottles and sniffling. “Kyungsoo. What are you doing in here?” The strong stench of alcohol hit him like a brick wall and he had to cover his nose. “I'm worthless. Not even my boyfriend wanted me. What good am I to anyone?” Kyungsoo muttered to himself repeatedly while Kris tried to inch his way ever so closely to the younger man. “No don't come closer!!” Kyungsoo picked a bottle up and threw it at the wall to keep the other away.

Kris closed the door and sat in front of it so Kyungsoo wouldn't be able to run from him. “Don't beat yourself up for whatever happened. The short amount of time you have been here Taehyung hasn't shut up about rooming with you.” He slightly laughed to brighten up the mood a bit but Kyungsoo just gave him a bitter look and slight disgust. “How can you tell me not to beat myself up? You don't even know what I did. I killed my boyfriend. It's my fault. If I didn't argue with him... He might still be here. He wouldn't have gotten into that accident.” His voice turned from anger to a soft roar as his eyes fell to the floor again. “My sister. She died the same way.” The silence in the small room felt heavy as Kris opened up to someone he knew for only a few weeks. Kyungsoo slowly lifted his head to meet Kris's own reddening eyes. “She was out of control. After our father passed, She started partying and using some heavy stuff. One night, I had to forcibly drag her out of a party because she was too drunk and her friend called me. On the car ride home, It was one of our worst arguments. She said I would never replace dad and I just told her to never come back. She got out of the car and before I could regret what I said she was hit by a car while crossing the street.” The older male tried to hold his sobs back thinking back to the night he regret so much. A single hot tear rolled down his cheek as Kyungsoo stood up and crossed the room. He hugged the now crying Kris and rubbed his back. “I....I'm sorry.”

They sat on the floor that way until Kris managed to compose himself. “Sorry. I was supposed to be comforting you. Not the other way around.” He used his thumb to rub the corner of his right eye and Kyungsoo just laughed softly at the older male. “I suppose I'm going to be force to go back to my room now?” He attempted to use the situation to his favor so he could stay in the contraband closet to hide his shame. “You might want to go shower up first. You reek of booze.” Kris said with a slight smile on his face. Kyungsoo playfully punched him while laughing at his joke. Kris opened the door slightly to see that the sun was slowly rising before he closed the door. “It's almost dawn so you might want to shower before everyone gets up. Just to let you know, This is strike one.” Kris ruffled the smaller boy's hair before standing up and exiting the room. Kyungsoo ripped the door open and grabbed Kris's wrist, who just turned around surprised by the act. “How did you know what happened to my boyfriend?”

The taller male just rubbed the back of his neck and tried to avoid eye contact. “Your friend told me about it before he brought you here.” Kris felt the younger male's grip on his wrist tighten a bit before he let go. They both didn't make a peep until another voice interrupted their moment. “Spending some quality bonding time eh? I wish I was invited to this sleep over.” Both males stared at Taehyung ,who had been casually leaning against the wall at the end of the hall. Kyungsoo's face changed to a deep red before sprinting towards Taehyung, who in turn ran away from his pursuer. “Get back here! I only want to strangle you!” Kyungsoo shouted through the halls as the younger avoided him.

 

___________________________

Word Count: 1,644 words

Sorry for taking foreverto update this. ^^

Between working andpreparing for starting school soon I haven't had time to really update anything.

Hopefully you all will enjoy this update ^^