Chapter 9

Blue anTHəm

      Joy woke up in the warm embrace of Wendy's motherly arms. The sun was peeking through the covers, hitting her tired eyes. It was as if it were a normal day, she got to her feet and pulled the curtains open. The view from their house was like no other. There were other houses next to and in front of them but the best part about it was that their house was located at the very top of a hill. It overlooked at the city down below, the busy cars, and met with the rising sun.

      As if captured by the true nature of life, she momentarily forgot about the Devil and what she had become herself.

      "He said to check.."

      Joy mumbled to herself as she ran straight back into bed, trying not to wake Wendy. She remembered that Lay had told her to look for a mark on her shoulder. Out of curiosity, Joy pulled the cover down slowly and with the thin tank top that Wendy was wearing, there was no need to look anymore.

      "It's true.."

      The scar was the same one that she had seen on SuHo's back. It had the same inscription, but Joy could actually read it this time;

      "Burn those who speak."

      Seeing that Wendy began to stir in her sleep, Joy ran out of the room with her hand on . Such a cruel inscription was placed on such a wonderful being. To Joy, she didn't think it was right.

      As if she wanted to confront with the Devil, she began peeking into every room, trying to find him. Through the last thirty minutes of her hunt, she went into Irene's room, only to find that she was gone. The bad part wasn't that she had disappeared, it was that the whole room had been turned upside down. Irene's books were thrown everywhere and her bed was out of place.

      "Irene!"

      Joy ran about the house, shouting for her dear friend. When she had checked every nook and cranny, she fell to her knees. Even though she didn't succeed in finding her friend, Joy succeeded in waking up the whole house.

      "What's wrong?" Tao came down as Wendy followed closely behind him.

      With no reply, Joy cried heavily, as if she were cursing KyungSoo.

      Wendy came to her side, "Joy..?"

      "It's his fault.."

      "What?"

      Joy tore away from her and glared at the both of them, "Irene is gone and it is all your fault!"

      Dumbfounded, Wendy stood up on her two feet and backed up towards Tao, "What do you mean.. she's gone?"

      "Your so called God must have done it! She's gone!"

      "Maybe she just went out for a walk-"

      Interrupting Tao, Joy shouted, "Her room is destroyed! As if there was a struggle! You can't tell me she went for a walk!"

      Wendy and Tao stood in silence as Joy began chanting to herself: "Curse him, curse him."

      Wendy called to KyungSoo, begging him to come out. It may have taken a minute or two but, as soon she began to look around for him, he came.

      "You called?"

      Wendy turned around and slapped him.

      He was at loss for words and only stared at the floor. Normally, Tao would be angry and yell at someone who dared to lay a hand on KyungSoo but now, he didn't know what to think.

      "Where is she?"

      When Wendy got no reply, she went to slap him once more but fell into his arms.

      "I'm sorry..." she repeated, "I'm sorry."

      KyungSoo didn't know how to react to the sudden touch of Wendy. When just yesterday, she would curse him, resent him, and fear him. But she was saying "I'm sorry," for slapping him. She, herself, didn't know what came over her. Before she knew it, she was weeping into his warm chest.

      "What happened?" he asked.

      Tao bowed and then looked over to Joy, "She says that you are the cause of Irene's disappearance."

      "Irene is gone?"

      "Yes, sir."

      Thinking to himself, he shoved himself of Wendy's grasp and ran to Irene's room. When he arrived, it was a huge mess and there was only one person who would take someone and leave a scene like that;

      "Tao, call the others, secure the house. Don't let anyone leave."

      KyunSoo put his hand on the wall and out came drawers that were full of weapons, staffs, and a cloak of his own. Choosing his weapons carefully, KyungSoo began giving orders to the six members who appeared kneeling down behind him.

      "Lay, you snoop around in the underling villages. If you hear anything about SeHun, report to me, asap."

      "Yes, sir."

      "Tao and SuHo, you two need to cover the front and back of the house, restrain anything you see moving."

      "Chen and Kai, you keep your eyes on Seulgi, LuHan, and Joy over there."

      "BaekHyun, I am giving you the privilege of protecting Wendy," he gave him a staff, "When you see the dark spirits, light up the whole house."

      "Where will you go?" BaekHyun asked as he watched his master open a portal.

      "The only place you'll find SeHun."

      "Don't go there!" Wendy ran up to him, "I don't know where it is, but your tone says it's dangerous!"

      KyungSoo couldn't look her in the eye, the amount of affection she was showing wasn't something he was used to, "I'll bring Irene back."

 


Author's Note

Pistachios! I have updated! Gah, so here is a small update! Please look forward to the next one! ;P I left it at a cliffhanger lmfao.

감사! ♥