Chapter 3

Blue anTHəm

      These days I've been feeling angry for some reason. Honestly, I think it's because of Devil-nim. Curse him.

      The day after, a doctor came to make sure Wendy was ready to leave the hospital. She was put into many different machines to make sure she wasn't experiencing any type of fractures inside her body. To the doctor's surprise, she was fully healed.

      Seulgi and Joy sat down while they watched their friend being transferred from machine to machine. As the watching continued, they saw many scars along her waist from the car accident. No one knew that she was injured so badly, at least until now. Joy started to tear up from seeing her Unni getting tired while going around the hospital. The minimal exercises they made Wendy do just hurt her too badly.

      "That's very odd," the doctor looked through his clipboard, "Your injuries have healed but your still hurt by the smallest amount of exercise."

      "Will she be okay?" Seulgi asked, peaking over his shoulder, "Nothing bad, right?"

      "I take it that it's because she's standing all of a sudden after six months. So give it another month or two and she'll be able to run without passing out." he smiled to reassure her friends, "You two should leave and come back later. I still have more test to do."

      As Seulgi and Joy made their way towards the door, the doctor waved his two fingers in the air, stopping time. Wendy slowly started to realize that this man wasn't normal. He's just like Devil-nim. Returning his attention to her, he handed Wendy a photo he had been keeping in his pocket.

      "This is the picture of that mark on your left shoulder." he whispered into her ear, "Look at is closely."

      Just as he had instructed, Wendy locked her eyes onto the picture and saw that it was a very unusual scar. There were a few small scratches traveling down her shoulder blade and an inscription followed. It read, "Burn those who speak."

      "The work of your Devil-nim," the doctor snickered as he removed his glasses to reveal his catlike eyes, "He takes such good care of you, I mean come on, when I have injuries that man doesn't even heal them all the way.. unlike what he did to yours. You're all healed."

      Scared to death, Wendy's breath caught in as she struggled to speak.

      "I know, I know," he cooed at her, "You're scared to speak, it's okay."

      Closing the blinds, he made the room turn ice-cold. There were dark clouds circling her bed and the room began to grow blood-red trees. The man came closer to her and sat at the end of her bed, just as KyungSoo had done before.

      "My name is Tao and I simply control time." he said while pointing back towards her friends, "They'll stay like that until I say so."

      Finding the strength to speak, Wendy sat up in her bed and locked her eyes with Tao, "What do you want from me?"

      "Oh, it's not what I want from you," he laughed and walked around her bed, "No, no, no. It's not about me."

      A moment of silence fell upon them as he appeared more and more insane to Wendy.

      "It's about what my God—our God wants."

      "Our god?"

      "That's right, the evil man you call Devil-nim. He's Satan himself," he threw his body back while laughing, "Our God."

      "What is it that you want?" Wendy exclaimed as she could feel her arms grow goose bumps from the way he laughed. It was as if listening to the cries of death.

      "I told you, it's not what I want, it's what our God wants."

      "Wh-What is it?"

      "I'm just here to make sure you stay quiet and well behaved." he brought his two fingers to his lips, "If you don't, I get to release Pandora's Box on those you love."

      "Your power is nothing!" she laughed nervously, "You couldn't hurt me with time travel!"

      Looking at the sweat that started to form on her forehead, Tao waltzed around the room as he laughed and became shrouded in black dust, "Looks like I have to go for now. I'll drop by your house every so often."

      Hoping he'd leave sooner, Wendy closed her eyes and wished him away. When she opened them again, she saw him vanish into thin air, just as KyungSoo had done before.

      In that empty hospital room of hers, his voice lingered, "I will tell you one thing before I go."

      It echoed into her mind, no matter how much she tried to cover her ears, Tao's voice stayed.

      "There are others like me.. but worse."

      With his voice subsiding, so did his spell of stopping time. Her friends were on their way out again but she called out to them. Wendy hugged them tightly, she didn't want anything bad to happen to any of her friends. What can I do?

 


 

      I'm back at home and I feel good. There isn't anything missing. Every single person is still here. Everything I own is still here.

      Wendy picked up her guitar as she walked into her studio room, which was full of instruments that she didn't play for the six months she was gone. As if she knew they missed her playing them, she began making music.

      LuHan walked into the room and admired her music playing. It had been so long since he saw a scene like this and it made him tear up.

      "I'm glad your back," he smiled to himself, "I'm glad you're the same."

      "I wouldn't say that.." Wendy's hand shook as placed her guitar down, "I'm very weak at the moment, at least Tao—the doctor told me so."

      "It'll take time to restore your body."

      "Yeah, he said it'd take about two months."

      Wendy smiled at him on the way out and made her way to Irene's side as she was cooking.

      "What are you making?"

      "Just a healthy soup for you." Irene smiled as she lowered the sliced potatoes into the broth, "I hope you like it."

      "I'm sure I will!" Wendy could smell the aroma of the soup, "It smells amazing."

      Irene simply laughed at her younger friend and went back to cooking. LuHan's eyes stayed fixed on Wendy and though it bothered Irene a bit, she ignored that he was even there.

      "I need to go visit the kids soon."

      "You can do it tomorrow," Irene sighed, "I don't want you going out for a while."

      "Why?"

      LuHan came up behind Irene, "It's because your health hasn't come back yet. You need to rest at home."

      "Wh-what he said.. Now if you'll excuse me," she wiped off her hands onto the bottom of her apron, "I need to go."

      "What about the soup?"

      "It'll be done in ten minutes, remember to shut it off."

      Wendy watched as Irene quickly left the house and into her car. Wendy had forgotten that at night, Irene would go and attend to her job at her parent's company. She worked so hard so that they could stay in this beautiful house, and Wendy had forgotten. I'm so cruel.

      "Do you think she's ignoring me?" LuHan puffed his cheeks, "I don't get it."

      "It's cause you're slow.."

      It was something everyone but LuHan himself knew. Irene liked him but he was too dense to see it. Before, Wendy tried to tell him while they were working at the orphanage but Irene had caught her before she could say it. Irene didn't want him to know for some reason and it wasn't clear to anyone as to why.

      "What do you mean I'm slow?"

      "You don't see it yet but soon you will."

      Smiling to herself, she turned off the stove and let it sit on warm. Wendy brought her guitar back to the living room and started playing music again.

      "I think it's about time you go now," Wendy looked outside at the dark sky, "It's getting late."

      "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow."

      Just when he opened the door, LuHan's lips curled into a thin line as he turned around and gave Wendy a look.

      "What is it?" she put her guitar down once again and walked over to him, "Who's there?"

      "Your bother."

      "Wendy!" KyungSoo wrapped his arms around her shoulders, "I decided I'd come live here!"

      Her expression became frozen as she dwindled on the words, "I decided I'd come live here!" It wasn't something she wanted. Wendy thought that he'd just torment her while being apart from her but he just had to come to her home. It's unfair.

      "I'll see you tomorrow at work, Wendy." LuHan waved to her and slightly bowed towards KyungSoo because he was her brother, "I'll leave her in your care."

      "Oh, don't worry about it." he slyly smiled as he waved to LuHan, "I'll take very good care of her."

      Wendy had already gone to her room and locked it behind her. She didn't want to face him alone ever again. It was too scary for her. This wasn't the "happiness" she had wanted from asking to live again. Especially because she was the only person who was home at this time. I don't want to see the devil everyday.

      "Come out." his voiced echoed quietly throughout the whole house, "Come out my dear little sister.."

      Wendy could feel her scar burning but she held in the pain as she bit her lip to restrain from screaming. It came to a point where He began to bang all the doors at once.

      "I will erupt this house down!" he got angrier as she stayed in her hiding space, "Come out now!"

      She ran down the stairs and knelt down before him, "Please.. stop! Not the house."

      "There, there," he her midnight blue ends and smiled in satisfaction, "I only wanted you to come out of hiding. Don't be scared of me."

      Wendy looked up into his eyes with tears falling out of hers, "What do you want from me..?

      "I wasn't the one who wanted first." He shrugged, "You're the one who wanted to live."

 


Author's Note

Hello my lovely pistachios! I tried for so long to update this chapter but while I was actually writing it this morning, it got deleted somehow. I became angry and irritated so, I rested for about an hour. I wasn't going to update because it made me that angry but I promised that it'd be today. I didn't want to lie to you guys! That's how much I love you all T,T! Even though my chapter got deleted, something good came out of it! I get to save an epic character for a later time. Maybe it was my conscious telling me to save the best for last. hehe ;)

감사! ♥