Part IV

Don't Worry, I Remember

I meet up with Jimin at this isolated cafe, so we'll be save. I ordered him Americano while I was waiting. I don't know what he likes I just ordered the original. 
He came few minutes later, so now we're sitting face to face. 
"Can you just explain to me why..." he sigh. He doesn't look like the Jimin I know. 
"Oppa... Mianheyo (미안해요)" I start. "I didn't want to left you guys but when I got the call, it was very convenient that I also need to get away from everything that happened." 
He remain silent. 
"Mian (미안) Oppa..." 
He doesn't react to my incrediably short explaination. I will imagine how mad he is right now. I left at a very bad terms. When Jimin needed me the most, I've failed him.
Lied to him, said that I always be there. But it was too much for me to handle too. Even though running doesnt solve a thing... but I needed it.
What a mess. Love triangle is never an easy thing to do anyway. Especially when you're in the middle. 
"I've suffered, while you were gone. You left me just like that..." he open his mouth. 
"I know, I'm sor..." 
"You know I love you... and I still do," he says. 
Once again, he leave me speechless. 
"Don't bother explaining about your feeling. I know your love is for Jungkook," he continues. 
Yes. Thats true. Then... he knows about me and Jungkook? Why did he act oblivious that day then?
He stands up as fast as lightning. "Chaa! Well there's really nothing I can do..." he fakes his smile as if he's about to cry.
"I'm just going to proof that I can do better," he still smile while looking at me. "Thanks for meeting me. I have schedule..." he drinks his coffee in one shot then walks to the front door and wave his hand. 
He left me. Unspoken. With a fake smile and a wounded heart. 

"오빠, 미안하다... 정말 미안해," I sigh.
(Oppa, I'm sorry... I'm really sorry)

***

"You met Jimin-hyung yesterday didn't you?"                                                   
Oh my god! Seriously! This guy is like a ghost. I just got to school, he appears out of nowhere with a loaded question.
I remain calm. "Yes." 
"You should have told me." says Jungkook. 
"No offense, but you're not... my boyfriend, so I dont have to report everything to you," I say. That came out wrong, dammit!   
"Uuuh... sorry. What I meant was I want to talk too," he answer awkwardly
We walk together in silent. As we reach my class he stops me. 
"Jinnie, lets be friends again. I want us like we used to," he says. 
OH MY GOD, YES! I don't want to scream like a typical teenage girl but I'm so happy inside. I couldn't speak so I just nod.
"Lets eat lunch together." He said it as if like it wasn't an invitation but an        order. I don't get to answer he just leave me like that. 
At lunch we met as I was getting my food, we go to an isolated place where no one can find us. We endure intimacy so we can talk comfortably. We catch up on each other about our lives. I told him I got the call saying that I got the scholarship 2 days before I left. I didn't want to burden anyone by telling I'm leaving. Because one day before that Jimin told me that he loves me this whole time... but I couldn't reply his feelings. My heart had been locked for Jungkook since the first day I met him. "Mianhe (미안해)" that was my only respond to Jimin, I hurt him.   But I guess disappearing was way more a burden to them. I was too young to think that way. Jungkook understands among other reasons, unlike Jimin.
Jungkook told me he went to Seoul, a few weeks after I did, to persue his dream of becoming a performer and he debuted a few months ago. He postponed his studies when he debuted, thats why he's one grade lower than me even though we're the same age.

It was a nice long lunch we had together and I can't tell him how much I miss it. But I would like to believe that he miss it too. 

I hope he feels the same way now...