Chapter 2: The Gathering (There's a maybe for everything)

Boss and I

 

 

Kyungsoo used to cry hard years ago.

When he was just a little child, Kyungsoo always wanted all of his family members to granted his wish. And when his family didn’t, Kyungsoo cried. Sehun, his hyung, even Nini would always comforted him, made him feel a lot better when he sad.

Baekhyun got sad too, but he always made himself better without needed Kyungsoo’s words.

Kyungsoo never comforted someone crying in front of him before. All of people around him is good at hiding their sadness. And now when the situation trap him inside one of Blueproject’s bathroom, with Lu han and his tears, Kyungsoo didn’t know what to do.

After barged in and lock the bathroom, Lu han sat at one of the benches there. (the bathroom is pretty big and there’s several benches in front of each stall.). Kyungsoo awkwardly sit beside him and asked what’s wrong. Lu han closed his face with his hands.

“S-Sehun happened.” He said breathlessly. “He ignored me in front of his family minutes ago and said nasty things to me. I don’t know what happened to our relationship, seriously. I thought we were just okay and we can be bestfriend just-just like you and him.” Lu han stuttered.

“A-and Junmyeon said we can’t be roommates anymore because his girlfriend hate my prescence. After all i’m just a disgusting man who liked his own roommate. We-we used to hanging out together, me and Soojung, but now she hated me because she know i liked Junmyeon.” Lu han looked up at Kyungsoo and gave him a very sad smile. “I’m sorry, after this you can be all gross at me, Kyungsoo. I don’t know if you are homophobic or not. But i really need someone to talk to.” He chuckled. “We are not even that close, i’m really sorry...”

Kyungsoo gaped, because he didn’t know what he’s supposed to say to Lu han. The said male sigh and stare down at the cubicles.

Damn brain, i should say something because this is awkward. He thought.

Kyungsoo put his left hand on Lu han’s shoulder and the latter stared at him in shock. Probably thinking Kyungsoo won’t do anything near touching him.

“Lu han, i know we’re not that close. But me and Baekhyun actually were searching for another roommate. You see, we live together and the apartment is so big for both of us. There’s one more room to fill if you want to.” Kyungsoo said with a smile. He’s saying the truth though. He and Baekhyun currently needed another roommate to make their apartment more lively (although it’s enough, because two divas living together already making too much noises inside).

The auburn-haired male stared at Kyungsoo for long time. almost feels like ten minutes already pass. And then his raindeer-eyes filled with tears again. He hug Kyungsoo so tight and saying thank you over and over, until he stopped because Kyungsoo told him he can’t breath.

They laugh and wait a while for Lu han to stopped hicupping before walking together outside to the gathering.

They found Baekhyun and Chanyeol suspiciously standing at the corner of the bathroom’s corridor. Baekhyun agreed their plan excitedly and Lu han promised he would be staying at their apartment next Monday after he finished packing. Lu han said goodbye to Kyungsoo before walking to the bar with his other friends.

He hope, Lu han, him and Baekhyun will be a bestfriends soon.

 

 

---

 

 

Kyungsoo wandered alone in the balcony upstair, a glass of wine from Lu han who insisted him to bring one, held tightly on his right hand. He’s not sure to drink the red liquid. After the party and one (not that strong) vodka incident, Kyungsoo stopped drinking any coffees and alcoholic drinks. They brought him bad impressions.

Kyungsoo stared at the maroon liquid in his hand. It’s weird when in the reality, one alcoholic drink can changed someone’s life.

If somehow Kyungsoo didn’t drank that vodka, and he’s not ended on Kai’s bed. Maybe he and Kai can be a good colleagues (between boss and worker, of course) or they will talk about the past, how little Jongin was, and how crybaby little Kyungsoo was. Maybe him, Sehun and Jongin can built a friendship again.

And maybe, Mother Oh’s words about him marrying one of her families wouldn’t bother his mental about being dirty as their son-in-law. There’s a stray hope of living with them and Jongin by his side...

Kyungsoo shook his head in embarassement.

This is not good, he shouldn’t dreaming about Kai everyday. Him and Kai are meant to be stranger like this. Their relationship only related as boss-worker and a one-night stand only. Maybe if destiny said something else, no matter how hard Kyungsoo’s hiding from Kai these days the younger could possibly found him. But he never did.

Kyungsoo sigh. One second he tried to avoid the latter, the next he always wanted the latter to found him.

Kyungsoo wants to talk with Kai if heaven let him, he wants their problem done and Kyungsoo hope he can have the rest of his life peaceful with only one couple to avoid like month ago. Maybe Kai didn’t want to find him so God won’t allow them to meet. Or he’s the one who scared and unconsiously keep trying to hide.

His phone is beeping and Kyungsoo stared at the sky before sliding the green button.

“Yeah?”

“Kyungsoo? It’s me, Minho. I have just arrived at Seoul, now. Can you, maybe, picked me up from the airport?” Minho sounded almost shouted, “Perhaps we can catch up when we are together. How about that?”

The younger from the two smiled so bitterly to himself. If he decided to meet Minho only like this, things will get simple. But no, Kyungsoo likes to make everything felt difficult for himself and he is not prepared to see Minho just yet.

“I’m really sorry, Hyung. Remember about the gathering that i told you this morning?” he heard Minho agreed, “Well i’m actually in the middle of it and i can’t catch you up there. I’m sorry.” He said almost monotonely.

“O-Oh, ah yeah, sorry if i bothered you, Kyungsoo. I was wondering if you could drove me to my hotel. And i forgot about the gathering. Sorry.” He laughed. They ended up agreed to meet soon, Kyungsoo’s the one who hang up the phone when Minho said he missed him.

The petite male sighed even more.

He’s an idiot and he hated his personality so damn much. How can someone always be a whenever hard problems he could’t solved it came. He always avoids something, someone, anything that got problem with him. He’s a coward.

Blazzing sounds startled Kyungsoo from his reverie, he looked down to the hall and almost drop his jaw when the hall is dark. It’s unbelievable. There’s a disco night after the gathering? Kyungsoo clicked his phone and wow the time is really fast. It’s been 5 hours since he arrived here this afternoon. It’s night now and there’s a hall changed into pub automatically, which is weird when almost everyone use suit and dress. Duh whatever, this must be Kai’s idea.

It looks like everyone enjoyed their time down there, when all he could hear upside is their booming screams of pleasure and laughters. Should he come down for awhile to forget his problems this night before he go home? Maybe it would break his rule number two of never come into pub anymore and to make it more hard, Kai is in there.

But if he stayed still and keep the problem to himself, he might not sleep tonight. He choose to stay awake with pleasure than with a restless night. So with a heavy breath, Kyungsoo drank the wine and cringed, before he openned the door inside and strolled the stairs.

A waiter offered him drinks and he took one.

He swayed his body and grins to himself when he spotted Sehun on the other side of the (suprisingly there) bar.

“Sehun!” he called, almost screamed with all of the sounds.

Sehun turned around and smiled so wide. He gestured Kyungsoo to come over with his hands. As soon as Kyungsoo safely seated beside him, the elder asked the younger to buy him drinks. The latter, who got a card of free drinks because he’s the one who invited the bartender over, asked him to make the famous rum & coke. Kyungsoo gladly drank them up while chatted with Sehun.

It’s one hour when Kyungsoo’s done his glass and he’s already giggled at every words Sehun said. Sehun stared at his hyung blankly, for the rest of their dialogues he remember Kyungsoo only drank one rum & coke glass but the older already drunk because of that.

He take a look closer at Kyungsoo’s red face, probably because of the rum & coke earlier but he love to imagining a lot of things about Kyungsoo. He imagined the blushes on the elder’s cheeks caused by his teasing or his corny words, that’s right that’s cute. sehun smiled at his lame brain, he called the bartender to watch after Kyungsoo and get up from his chair, gone to the toilet because his bladder want it really bad.

 

 

---

 

 

Loud blazzing sounds, a pitch dark room, and a smell of alcohol that lingered on his surrounding, were what Jongin liked.

Jongin strolled the room in quite, never touching the dance floor neither the bar table. He has checked them earlier and the one he’s searching for wasn’t there. The situation right now, kinda reminded him month ago.

When he was still a replacement of his uncle, Jongin remembered that him and several friends came into one of his favorite pub and saw his own love-interest came after him with a friend from the red curtains. He has a petite body and huge eyes. He made Jongin more in love with him than he already was with his tight-black jeans and red blazer that night. Kai was incredibely happy when morning came and all he could remember is how they did each other almost desperately (well it’s only for Jongin since he’s the most stressful here). But the smile dropped just like that when his love-interest was nowhere to be seen after Kai told him to stay.

The tanned guy sighed, after that night, he frequently came into the pub hope his love-interest would showed up and smiled his y smile. And Kai would drag him into his apartment and promised himself to never let the butterfly went away. But in reality, his love-interest never came anymore.

Jongin greet several colleagues and friends from bluproject or business partners, they praised him because of his pub-idea. Kim Jongin laugh at himself, actually this idea was belong to Sehun but the latter is too lazy to make it happened so he gave Jongin this idea. Which is why he accepted them gladly. The gathering is perfect today, everyone behave like they should and no glitch on his plans.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo rose from his position on the bar, he glanced up to see Sehun who hadn’t come back since he gave him permission to go to the toilet.

Kyungsoo shook his head, it’s getting late right now, what if something happened to Sehun inside the toilet? He should find him.

He giggled at himself when he saw how far the distance between his place and the floor is. “Sehun have to picked me up here earlier. Poor Sehunnie.” Kyungsoo giggles.

The petite male then jump from the chair to the floor (since he’s drunk) and pouting because damn it was hurt. “Sehunnie shouldn’t put me up here...” he mumbled to himself. Kyungsoo poked the chair with hatred one last time before wandering to search for Sehun.

 

 

 

 

Kim Jongin bowed to one of his father’s friend and watched the male gone into the crowd.

He sigh.

Actually the reason why he held this pub, beside wanted to cool his over-worked brain, he also wanted to get away from his older office-partner. But somehow those old men still insisted on coming here. Well it’s their loss though, if they got massive headache then it’s not his fault.

Jongin sip his wine in one go before tossed it to the waiter who came by. He loosened his tie carefully.

“Ah, i need a fresh air.”

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo has searched everywhere for Sehun, he swear.

Or so that was Kyungsoo thought.

In Kyungsoo’s point of view, he has searched for Sehun in every corner he spotted. Kyungsoo even searched under the table for him. But no matter how loud Kyungsoo screamed, those loud voices always beat him to it.

“SEHUNAAAA”

BADDUMB BADDUMB BADDUMB

“SEHU-“

“WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUDE~”

“SEH-“

“DON’T YOU KNOW I’M A HUMAN TOO.”

“SE-“

“WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUDE~”

“YAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

Kyungsoo’s eyebrow twitched. “That’s it!” he marched toward the stage where the DJs are shaking their bodies and screaming so the audience could dance with them.

It is a hard thing for drunk Kyungsoo to reach the stage where there’s a lot of people waiting for him. He tried to approach them politely and said permission but they just pushed him away to the spot where he came from, and that successfully made little Kyungsoo mad.

So he play the rough way.

He pushed all of people in front of him, screaming profanities if he needed to, fell for several times before he finally reached the stage. Kyungsoo crawled to it with his short legs and short arms, many times he failed but finally he made it and he snatched the mic immediately.

“YOU GUYS ARE SO NOISY.” Kyungsoo slurred.

 

 

 

 

Jongin jumped from the screeching of the mics.

“YOU GUYS ARE SO NOISY.”

His jaw dropped when he heard it.

How the hell someone had a gut to shout at drunk people like that.

Jongin chuckles. Maybe that guy must be desperate or something.

The screechings coming back and the guy screamed, ah maybe his bodyguards has something to do with this. This fact makes him happy, because that mean his security system is perfect and Jongin sure the ‘had-gut’ guy will be here outside in five minutes.

The tanned CEO poked his pants-pocket, should he lit a cigarette now? Since no one outside at the moment.

But when he almost picked out the cigar, someone screamed ‘let me go!’ several times before the door openned and a guy fell from it.

Jongin turned around and his jaw fell out when he sees Kyungsoo looks up at him with an angry face.

 

 

 

 

“WHAT THE HELL LET ME GO!”

Kyungsoo struggles from the bodyguard’s strong arms.

This is a harassment!

Kyungsoo won’t let this guy alive!

“just you see!” Kyungsoo struggles more, “I know Oh sajangnim! And i will tell him about this!”

If Kyungsoo’s in his real sense, he would never said things like this. But this annoyingly strong guy made him to and his head is aching because too much struggling.

“Go ahead,” the bodyguard said, “anyway, i’m under Kim Jongin’s rule.”

Just like there’s a thunder striked him, Kyungsoo growled. Of course this have something to do with almighty Kim Jongin. The one who held this silly gathering for rookies and changed them as a pub at night. The one that took his ity.

“KIM JONGIN.” He screamed again. “YOU! LET ME GO!”

The bodyguard pulled the door in front of them, when he ready to throw Kyungsoo outside, the petite male screamed one last time. Kyungsoo stared at the ground in shock. This. Is. An. Embarassment.

He will hunt Kim Jongin down.

Screw the avoiding things.

 

 

 

 

Jongin gulped.

“Kyungsoo?” he asked.

Kyungsoo jumped from his position into standing. He glared at Jongin with his unfocused wide eyes.

“YOU!” he pointed.

Kim Jongin’s eyes as big as a saucer. “Me?”

“THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!”

Before Kim Jongin figured this situation up, Kyungsoo already launched at him. He jumped toward Jongin and the latter practically catched the petite-male. They fell into the ground, Jongin groaned and Kyungsoo’s body rest upside his.

The CEO gaped, what was happening?

He shakes Kyungsoo’s body several times because it worried him the latter lay there without moving. He constantly mumbling things Jongin couldn’t understand.

“Kyungsoo?” he called.

But the latter keeps mumbling and snored.

Snored.

This little guy is sleeping on his body.

Jongin sigh and giving up shaking Kyungsoo’s body. He lay on the ground and looked up at the sky.

Yes he asked for Kyungsoo to finally had a gut and faced him at blueproject house, yes this is what he want, an eye-contact. But in sober times for god sakes, not Kyungsoo in a drunk state, again.

 

 

 


a/n:

look at me trying to update and what is this crap T T
i'm sorry, actually i'm in a very bad mood. since last month, i roughly spend my times solving problems.
and last week i got exam and the i fell sick and it .

and then the worst nightmare came.

my very first love, lu han is out from exo.
i am happy that he could come back home and taking care of his parents.
but it also made me sad because apparently i had love him so much it hurts.
i fell in love for hunhan also, and i'm so sad i live my life in despair these past days because
hunhan will ended up just like hanchul and i didn't want thatTT

anyway i hope you guys satissfied with my so long update
and yay! kaisoo met