Chapter 1: First day of work

Boss and I

 

 

He’s excited. Super excited.

Kyungsoo smiled so brightly this morning, even Baekhyun hurt to see him.

Today is Kyungsoo’s first day of work and the younger is very happy.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are sharing the same company and division together. While Baekhyun has already work there for almost two years and succesfully manage to had a raise as a team leader, Kyungsoo just barely attend work because the wide-eyed guy only graduated few months ago.

 “Come on, soo. You already look great. Doesn’t want to be late on the first day right?” Baekhyun loudly said, waiting for Kyungsoo by doing his shoelaces.

Kyungsoo groan, he walk to their shared apartement door where Baekhyun is waiting for him. “But i don’t want to be ugly at the office, baek.” He said.

Baekhyun only snickered as a reply.

 

 

 

 

They walk side by side after taking breakfast from starbuck, heading toward the bus stop.

Kyungsoo is listening to Baekhyun’s story about blueproject house’s rules carefully.

Blueproject house is a place where all the advertisements on tv came from. Kyungsoo still clueless about his work there but still, he was proud of himself for being a smart student with a good score.

 

 

 

 

“—So, we’re going to show you the newly project of us. It’s etude house’s new product, called bee lipstick. We were so grateful that, etude, had chose us over other advertisements company.”

All the new workers clap their hands, Kyungsoo did too.

He watch the advertisement carefully, not wasting any detail. It helped him though, because the idea of etude’s project was coming from his boss.

“Our boss has been our first priority. He’s the one who gave us brilliant ideas when President Oh need to retire last year. I hope all of you are going to respect him without any fail, understand?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, eyes with eyeliner judging them.

But when his and Kyungsoo’s eyes met, the latter practically seen Baekhyun’s joy glint.

“Yes, sir.”

Baekhyun was going to continue his explanation when a three neat knocks heard by them. Baekhyun said his permission and come to the door. He gone from Kyungsoo’s eyesight, and he wonder who’s the one behind the door. After one minute of waiting, Baekhyun come to sight again and smile.

“Guys, today is your lucky day because our boss is here to see all of you. Now, now remember what i said and be polite.” He opened the door and a man enter the room.

“Guys, this is our boss, Kim Jongin.”

Kyungsoo glance toward the said guy and he immediately regret it.

BAEKHYUN NEVER SAID HIS BOSS IS KAI!

But Baekhyun is nowhere to be blamed, seriously, Baekhyun didn’t know Jongin is actually Kai.

Kyungsoo is still hiding his dirty secret about the one he slept with and no one know anything about that. Well except for Baekhyun and the pulling-hair-accident.

Luckily Kyungsoo have a petite body and he can hide himself from Jongin’s sight behind his new colleague, Park Chanyeol. His tall and big body is enough to let him hide himself.

“Hello everyone.” Kai—or now is Jongin’s voice booming inside the room. Kyungsoo silently pray he wouldn’t know Kyungsoo’s there. “As you can see. My name is Kim Jongin and yeah—happened to be your boss from now. I hope all of you can do your best, because i don’t like any lazy asses here.” He laugh.

After chatting here and there Kim Jongin left the room and said his goodbye with an enjoy your day.

Kyungsoo thanked every single things in the room for not betrayed him earlier. He would never ever ever imagined to see Kim Jongin again someday. But if they really did met, Kyungsoo never ever dare to dreamed Kai as his boss (Since last month, Kyungsoo’s dreams are full of this particular one guy who has a tan skin, but please don’t tell anyone ssst) on his newly company.

He thought Kai was a very careless man he ever knew, well they both did chatted before you know. And he didn’t remember Kai said anything about company or CEO thingy. Well his apartement is organized well and looks like any workers’s room though (and his apartement is huge as hell), so it’s maybe connected well with his job.

But why in the world the tanned-guy have to be his CEO all of places.

Fate must be kidding with him.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo tailing after Baekhyun when the meeting’s done. He’s afraid Kim Jongin will be there to caught him working inside his office. Kyungsoo would be doomed if it happened.

But maybe, god wouldn’t let his first day of work goes smooth.

After he successfully urge Baekhyun to shut up and let him tailed after him since they got the same floor, both bestfriends entered the lift. He could see Park Chanyeol is already there and greet them cheerfully.

“Hello new colleague! Hello new team leader!” he chirped.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. “Uh, hello... Mr. Park.”

“No, no, no. Please just call me Chanyeol, team leader. It’s too formal for me to be honest.”

“Oh, okay then. And just call me Baekhyun. It’s too formal for me too to be honest.” Baekhyun snickered. Owned a big smile from Chanyeol and a rolling eyes from Kyungsoo.

When the lift was on the way to their floor, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun gladly exchanging words and laugh formally (since the bestfriends aren’t that close with Chanyeol). Kyungsoo couldn’t help but think that Chanyeol is friendly and he hope they will get along together.

“So both of you are bestfriends since high school?” Chanyeol asked when the three of them down from the high.

Kyungsoo nodded. “Yeah, Baekhyun was a very bullied-able senior back then.”

“Yah, what the heck?” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes. “Of course not. We met at our school’s choir and thank you Do Kyungsoo, but no one bullied me back then.”

“That’s what you said.”

“Hey!”

Chanyeol giggles when the two shorties exchanged bickers, completely forgot about him. But he doesn’t care though, both of them are cute enough for him to watched, and they’re kind of remind him of

“You guys looked like a hobbit. Two hobbits to be exact. Two hobbits bickering with each other.” And the giant laughed maniacally. (well at least Kyungsoo think).

But before diva Baekhyun start to sass the giant, the elevator stopped and the three of them looked up to see what floor it is.

The door oppened automatically and a guy entered it. Kyungsoo suddenly turned into an ice. Because-

HOLY ARE YOU KIDDING ME

KAI IS HERE

“Ah, hello Mr. Kim!” and shoot Kyungsoo silently pray Jongin wouldn’t see him there when he’s turning back to give Chanyeol his signature hand. Baekhyun bow and greet him too, and Kyungsoo realised, Baekhyun might as well wanted him to behave and bow to the CEO also.

“H-hello, Mr. Kim.” He greeted. His voice changed into a whisper.

Jongin has already turn his heel toward him but suddenly his phone ringing. Kyungsoo thanked the God because God still want him to earn money in this company.

“What’s wrong with your voice?” Baekhyun whispered.

“Need water.” he replied.

When the (goddamn) elevator finnaly ding-ed at the right floor, Kyungsoo, who sneakily already made a plan. Run as fast as he could to their floor. Shouting a ‘sorry!’ toward his boss (no matter how much Kyungsoo didn’t want Jongin to see him, he didn’t want Baekhyun to be lectured by the latter because of his rude way of coming out from elevator.).

He can heard Baekhyun calling his name from behind.

Wait .

THAT ER CALLED MY NAME IN FRONT OF KAI.

But geez, people with ‘kyungsoo’ as a name are dozens. The guy won’t know it’s him anyway.

But what if he recognise me?

No way. They were only met once. and the Kyungsoo that night, isn’t this Kyungsoo. That Kyungsoo needed to be laid, and this Kyungsoo is a nerd. It’s a big different, right?

Unconciously Kyungsoo had make his way to a men bathroom. He washed his face with a fresh water. His cheeks burning from the running. Dang, how he hated to have such a white skin. Such a woman, he sadly thought.

He remembered vaguely, that night, Kai said he liked his skin because it was so soft and so milky and—

You started it again, Do Kyungsoo.

He shaked his head furiously.

No matter how Do Kyungsoo wanted to go away from Jongin and hide himself from him. He can’t. He couldn’t always hide from the latter forever if he still stayed at the same company as him. But he can’t quit either. It is his first job, he can’t be a coward and ditch his dream job just like that. Soon both of them will have to meet each other in this company.

Kyungsoo hope the rest of his days wouldn’t be too hard.

 

 

---

 

Kyungsoo making his way out from Baekhyun’s door with a stack of paper in his hands. Baekhyun asked him to shared the documents, the one that already copied by Chanyeol, to the rest of his seniors. He’s gladly took the task because Kyungsoo couldn’t think any other job to do after he done with his re-writing scenario task this morning.

When he’s about to turned to the worker’s room. Someone bumped onto him hard (so hard that his nose hit the wall).

“Are you kidding me!” he groaned loudly. His nose is hurt too much, Kyungsoo can see his tears already threatened to fall.

“I am so sorry!” someone said, his tone heard worried.

Kyungsoo shake his hand without opening his eyes. “It’s okay. It’s probably my fault because i don’t see you came.”

“Still though, that’s my fault for running inside the office. Wait i’ll help collecting your papers.”

Since Kyungsoo couldn’t say anything (his nose is still hurt) near a ‘no’ he nod his head and thanked the guy.

“—Kyungsoo?”

Heard his name called by someone, Kyungsoo opened his eyes slightly to see who’s the guy he bumped into.

A light brown-haired guy squatted in front of him with a wide eyes, and a stiff stoick face. His bang is wet from the sweats. And Kyungsoo sure he’s actually already running from minutes or even hours ago.

“Sehun?” he called pathehically. His voice sounds weird because, well his nose hurt.

“Yah Hyung! You didn’t called me again since—since last week!” the guy, who turned out to be Kyungsoo’s childhood friend, protested loudly.

Kyungsoo growled.

“Well i’m sorry for being busy?”

“But you promised to contact me everyday.” He pouted, still collecting the papers on the floor.

“I didn’t promised to contact you everyday, i said, i will contact you as long as i could.”

“It means, everyday, hyung. Well since you haven’t got any jo—wait.” He stayed and gazed at Kyungsoo from the head to toe. “You worked here?”

“Well Mr. Genius. That’s true, I worked here and today is my first day. By the way, what are you doing here running with those sweats all of your body?” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow.

“Oooooh you noticed?” Sehun beamed. “Well, you see. This company is my dad’s. He run this since long time ago, well until he stopped working last year. My cousin replacing him for a while until i’m ready to change him. You see, i ran because my tutor is—is scary as and i decided to ran away from him, and luckily—well luckily for me and unlucky for you, because you hit your nose of course, i bumped into you. Period.”

Kyungsoo just stared when Sehun shut his mouth and smile. “What? Is there something on my face?” the guy asked him, slightly flusterred.

“No, no. I just,” he gulped. “I just can’t believe this company is your family’s...”

Kyungsoo knew this guy is rich, but he didn’t know that Sehun owned a very large company like this. Just imagined, this building is actually 15th floor long (since Blueproject owned an entertainment for actresses and actors and models too.).  And he practically wondering to the my cousin replacing him for a while’s part. So, Kim Jongin or known as Kai, is actually his cousin?

 

 

 

“Sehun?”

“Yes?”

“So, Kim Jongin is your cousin?” he asked when they’re walking to the cafetaria together after giving his seniors the documents. Sehun helped him since he’s sorry for the accident.

“Yeah. He’s the great CEO Kim. Seriously, i think dad should just give him the company instead. He worked greater than me.”

“Really?” Kyungsoo swallowed the new information about Kai. He never knew that guy at the club is actually a great CEO.

“Yeah. And did you remembered him?”

WHAT REMEMBER WHAT.

Holy Sehun can’t knew about that. It was embarassing already to know Kai is actually Sehun’s cousin. Besides, shared each other about ual things aren't for guys, right? (he's uncomfortable to talk about that, say he was a ). Well unless these ers of cousins are an exception and shared each other's secrets.

“Uh... remember what?” he asked, trying to be innocent.

“That he was our childhood friend too.” Sehun nudge his arm. (Kyungsoo silently breath in relieved). “Well he came and gone like the wind, so you probably won’t remembered him. You used to called him Nini if i didn’t wrong.”

A light bulb appeared out of nowhere.

Ah Nini, he remembered  him so much.

He used to hate him back then when he was just 5th years old. Nini and Sehun are 4th. He first met Sehun on the first day of kindergarten. Sehun is a hyper boy. Well he can be a really brat back then. Sehun make a lot of friends, but he didn’t have any bestfriends. They clicked once their parents introduced them. In a middle of bestfriending Sehun, Kyungsoo realised that Sehun had a really close cousin. They’re not look alike though, but their personality are the same. They were always making fun of Kyungsoo until he’s cried but they were always sorry after that.

He hated this Nini to the gut because he broke Kyungsoo’s favorite doll. A woody doll. He always played with woody anywhere he goes, but this Nini decided to broke it into a pieces. When he wanted him to change it into a new one, Nini never come back to play with them.

“Yeah, he’s gone when i wanted him to buy me a new woody. Ah, i remembered those moments when i lost my woody forever.” Kyungsoo reminiscenced.

“I thought you guys will remembered once you met. You’ve already met him haven’t you?”

“Yeah, i met him couple of times this day.” Kyungsoo muttered. “I won’t know it’s him if you didn’t told me that anyway.”

Both of them continued to chatter until they found a seat and talk with mouth full of foods (Only Sehun did.) and when Sehun try to swallowed his foods on his mouth, Kyungsoo turned his gaze away because no matter how much he loved Sehun and worshipped his face, the boy still gross.

And right on timing, he saw someone running.

If he didn’t see the guy clearly, he would see him as Sehun. Well minus his slight curly light-browned hair. The guy look here and there, Kyungsoo’s sure he is searching for someone. Right on cue, the guy looked at their table and start to jogged over.

Kyungsoo’s startled.

“Uh... Sehun?”

“Heung?”

“I. I see someone’s running at us.”

“Hwho?”

“I don’t know. It’s a guy with light brown hair—oh he’s looking at me.”

Sehun only stared at him confusedly. Maybe sehun didn’t know about this running guy?

“Sehun he’s com—“

“YOU ARE HERE!” The running-guy come over to their table and shouted out loud. He smacked Sehun’s back hardly until the younger choked from his sausage with rice and it’s a complete mess after that.

Kyungsoo frantically searched for a drink and an empty bowl. He rushed to Sehun once he got them and urged the boy to unload the foods from his mouth to the empty bowl. Sehun obeyed immediately spit them. The boy drank from Kyungsoo’s bottle and breath in relief once the choking gone.

He looked at Kyungsoo and smiled gratefully. Which is why he was really shocked when the latter hit him hard on his head.

“YOU DON’T STUFF YOUR FOODS INSIDE YOUR MOUTH LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN OH SEHUN.” He angrily shouted. Sehun turned to red when everyone who currently ate at the cafetaria glancing at them.

Kyungsoo huffed and come to sit at his chair. He practically lost his 10 years right there. Ugh, the perks of having a kid as childhood friend.

“I-i’m sorry, Kyungsoo. I won’t do that anymore.” Sehul gulped.

“You won’t? Well it’s been like—what, 10 times already that i saved you from death courtesy of choked.” He glared.

Then both of them looked up to the new voice from behind Sehun and realised that someone who actually almost made Sehun died still standing watching over them. “U-uh sorry. That’s all my fault.” He said.

“Go away, Lu han. Did you happy fulfill your dreams to kill me today? Because it’s almost happened.” Sehun said with a frown. (Kyungsoo never heard Sehun’s cold voice since ages ago so it’s kind of scared him.)

Luhan, the guy with a brown hair, stared at Sehun. Probably taken a back.

 

“I never wanted to kill you...” he said, his voice is low.

“yeah? Like people would believe that.”

“You’re my resposibility! I can’t kill you and i won’t!”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Why don’t you believe in me? Geez it’s been months already and you still acted like a jerk on me.”

“What should i do then, huh.”

“Stop acting like that and start to listen!”

“It won’t happened, princess.”

“Apparently, it has to be happened because your dad and your cousin trusted me with you!”

“Blah blah.”

“YOU JERK.”

“YOU CALLED ME WHAT?”

“JERK. J-E-R-K. YOU HEARD THAT?”

“SHUT UP YOU .”

“THE HELL. YOU’RE THE ONE WHO ING ON ME.”

“then you’re a .”

“UGH! I HATE YOU!” Lu han stomped angrily from them and walk out from cafetaria.

 

The other workers only rolled their eyes because it’s consist too much drama.

Kyungsoo once again only fell dumbstruck.

“Aren’t you... a little harsh to him?” Kyungsoo asked Sehun after the younger sigh.

“Well, i can be harsher than that when it comes to Lu han. We were always like that, bickering all the time.” Sehun smiled sheepishly. He gulped more water from Kyungsoo’s bottle and Kyungsoo mentally sigh, because he couldn’t shared bottles or spoons with anyone. Call him woman but seriously, he prefer to be bad-mouthed as a girl than have to shared them with strangers.

Well Sehun, Baekhyun and the rest of his family is an exception of course. But still, it doesn’t feels right to see Sehun drank after he choked and unloads his food.

Please remind him later to wash it.

“But still, i think you have to apologise to him.”

Sehun stay still and laugh. “Seriously, hyung. We can’t forgive each others throath. It’s been 2 years already for us to acted like that. But don’t worry. Actually he’s a tough guy. Well he said that to me a while ago, but i think saying sorry then bickering again is not necessary.”

Kyungsoo pinched Sehun’s arms playfully. “Apologising for your fault is important, Sehun. Remember that, okay?”

Sehun only nod weakly. Kyungsoo smiled brightly.

“Now let’s go. I need to go back to finish my new works.”

And that time at the cafetaria, Sehun wish Kyungsoo will always smiled like that to him again for, forever.

 

--

 

 

 

 

 


a/n:

3265 of words yay;a;
so so so so how is it?
sorry if i dissapointed you guys : (
i feel so insecure after seeing you guys subscribed boss and i, i'm afraid you'll hate this sobs.
anyway, can you see the love between the characters lol
i made this a little long because i want all my characters appeared in chapter 1.
sorry of it was boring, and Kyungsoo won't meet Jongin face to face yet, sorry heuheu (evil laugh).
And did you guys like the sesoo? lol because i love them : 3

anyway thank you for read this!

p.s: can you see the gif though?????? my baby is so cute when he waved his hand ugh i wish i can keep him on my pocket he he

see you on next chapter!

-minyeon