Chapter 2.5: The Gathering

Boss and I

 

 

Every workers need to attend this gathering?” Kyungsoo screeched at Baekhyun. “Are you kidding me?”

His bestfriend only gave him a very nasty look before nodding. “Yes Kyungsoo, and we have to be there by 3.”

“But i don’t want to come!”

“The hell? This is your first week of work. Please behave and come for your own sake.” Baekhyun growled from his top of lung.

Kyungsoo pulled Baekhyun’s hair angrily. “But it’s SATURDAY for god’s sake! Who’s idea is this anyway?”

Baekhyun’s left eye twitched. He pulled Kyungsoo’s hair back. “It’s Kim Jongin’s idea and no, no, Kyungsoo. Every new workers need to attend this gathering because it held for you guys!”

The younger throw himself to the couch and grumbled loudly, muffled by pillow. Baekhyun only sighed and reach for the tv’s remote. Ignoring Kyungsoo’s muffled cry by making his tv loud. Snsd’s gee MV echoing inside their shared apartment.

When Kyungsoo stop wailing, Baekhyun nudge his body gently.

“It’s okay if you didn’t want to come.” He softly said. “I can cover you up, you know. Hyoyeon noona won’t be mad if i told him you can’t come today. Although she’s really want you to.”

Wide-eyed boy stayed still (with a pout).

“What is wrong with coming to the gathering anyway? It’s not that bad, i think.” Baekhyun casually said, his fingers clicking ‘next’ button on the remote. “You used to attend a lot of invited party even if it’s boring or crazy. You like those crowds, didn’t you.”

“That’s because you said the free foods are good.” Kyungsoo pointed.

“Ah, i remember. Well company will asked a 5stars hotel to served us foods later, and it’s free as long as you’re on the list of guests.”

Kyungsoo side-eyes Baekhyun, slightly interested. His pocket money almost empty for the rest of the month and the ‘5stars hotel’ idea gave him a goosebump.

But. How about the number one that can’t be seen? Kyungsoo thought.

He had successfully avoided the CEO of blueproject for this past week. They’re even once passing each other several times but the latter didn’t show any clue of knowing him (Kyungsoo hid behind his stack of papers so Jongin can’t see). But today, at the gathering, he won’t have any papers for a defense and it’s scared him. The fact this gathering suggested by Kai only made it worst.

But the food though.

Kyungsoo sigh.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Maroon 5’s maps filling the air. Kyungsoo jumped  to his phone on the coffee table. He frowned when an unknown number displayed on his screen. Who the hell bothered to call him on Saturday in the morning.

Anyway, Kyungsoo slide his screen and answer the phone. “Hello?”

“Is this Do Kyungsoo?”

A gasp.

He knew this voice by heart.

“Uh... uh yeah.” Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun trying to alarmed the guy, Baekhyun raised his eyebrows and turning down the tv’s volume in case Kyungsoo has troubled hear the callers. “Minho? Minho hyung?” he asked (Baekhyun’s jaw dropped).

“Kyungsoo! Oh dear god, thank you. This is the 52nd times i tried to call you and all the numbers said they weren’t you!”

Kyungsoo widened his eyes and trembled, he walked to their shared sofa and plug Baekhyun’s headphone so both guys could hear the conversation. Baekhyun hold the younger’s hand and nodded encouragingly.

The petite guy laughed awkwardly. “Yeah, hyung. It’s been a while wasn’t it?”

“Yeah. I was worried about you, Kyungsoo. How are you in the town anyway?”

Kyungsoo smiled, now genuinly smiling. “I’m fine. Don’t worry about me, hyung. I manage to goes work this week.”

“Really? Which company, Kyungsoo? Wow, i didn’t expect that coming. I am so proud of you.”

“Thanks, Hyung. It’s an advertisement company called Blueproject.”

They could hear Minho hummed over there. “I might or might not heard that name somewhere...” he chuckled. “Kyungsoo, actually. The reason why i was calling you today is i want to ask you something.”

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun staring at each other.

“Can we meet tonight?  I would prefer chat with you face to face, and only two of us.”

“Uh... hyung, but you’re in Gyonggi-do right?”

“Yeah, but my boss sent me to Seoul for a week, and i want at least see your face once when i am there.”

The younger closed his eyes. Actually yes, deep down inside he wanted to see Minho. God know how much he missed the guy over there. They haven’t see each other since Kyungsoo go to Seoul university 2 years ago, not even a single glance to spare. Kyungsoo actually started to forget his handsome face. But

“But i can’t tonight, hyung.” He stared at Baekhyun, “Our company held a gathering for rookies and i have to come, my seniors really want me to come. and i didn’t want to make Baekhyun dissapointed, you remember Baekhyun right? He’s my team leader at Blueproject too.”

Baekhyun squeezed Kyungsoo’s hands gratefully. His lips turning into one of his genuine smile.

“Of course i remembered him. He’s probably there accompanying you to hear my voice right?” Minho chuckled for the second time. “Hello there, Baek. I heard you taking care of my baby brother carefully now?” He asked, after Baekhyun gasped and whispering how did you know earlier.

Kyungsoo felt his heart throbbed when Minho named him as baby brother.

“Yes of course. Don’t worry about him too much. He’s on a right hand.”

“It’s nice to hear you guys still together, though.”

Baekhyun laughed. “Hyung, please give Taemin my gratitude for his mail two weeks ago. I didn’t have times to answered it. And, also i’m saying hello.”

“I will! He was excited to hear that i manage to call you guys right now. He’s grinning widely right now. Do you want to talk to him?”

But before Baekhyun uttered any words, Kyungsoo cut him with a warning glance and a cold voice. “Sorry hyung. It’s past 10 already, and we need to shop for our outfit tonight.”

Minho paused on the other side. they heard a little it’s okay, maybe next time from someone beside Minho and Kyungsoo’s brother sigh. “Okay then. Kyungsoo, i hope you’ll have time for me when i reach Seoul. Just give me a call, and i will try to come to your apartment there.”

“Okay Hyung. I will call you.”

“And Boys, Taemin said hi.”

Kyungsoo abruptly touch the red button on his touch-screen phone.

Baekhyun and him shared a look. The older rolled his eyes. “You can be more gentle than that, i guess.”

The younger from the two stand up from the couch and heading toward his room. “Wake me up when you’re going to prepare for the gathering. I’m tired.”

If the fate needed him to chose between Kai or his Hyung. He prefer the other one who once he called as Nini.

His hyung is a whole new level of avoidance.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

See? The food are gods.”

Kyungsoo munched his 5th puddings and nodded vigorously at Baekhyun’s smug words. Baekhyun was right, this pudding tasted very good and those foods are made in heaven. 5stars hotel never dissapointed him.

When he finished the pudding, both of them walked to the rice area. Baekhyun said he wanted a kimchi fried rice at the moment so Kyungsoo agreed, because he wanted to try the vegetables near the rice area. The line is pretty long but Baekhyun didn’t care about that and wait patiently. They talk and talk in the line until someone poked Kyungsoo’s shoulder, which the owner of the hand appeared to be Chanyeol, well handsome Chanyeol.

Chanyeol grinned at them widely. His hair was arranged perfectly for tonight, it’s shining black and  his long bangs were combed neatly back. Kyungsoo frowned, their hair looked the same. But unless Kyungsoo’s one is dark brown.

Chanyeol coughed awkwardly. “So how’s my style tonight, guys?”

“Our hair are the same, Chanyeol. I think you need to change it.“

“Aw yes! We did have same hair tonight. I might change mine into dark brown, but i settled down in black. If i changed it to the latter maybe we will have the same hair.” Chanyeol nudged Kyungsoo’s arms playfully. Knowing already the younger hated someone that annoyed him.

“Go away, doofoos.

“So, back to the question. How do i look?” he stared at Baekhyun who gaped since he came few minutes ago.

“You. Perfect.”

Both boys suprised at Baekhyun’s lost of words.

“Uh—“ Baekhyun shrug. “I mean, you are good tonight.”

“—thank you?”

Baekhyun bit his lower lip starting to stuttered. “You-you’re welcome, yeol. I-i mean Chanyeol.”

The tallest from the three laughed loud, “It’s okay. You can call me as ‘yeol’ if you want to,” he coughed embarassingly before saying, “Baek.

OKAY OKAY

THEY ARE STARTING TO FLIRT

WAY TO GO, GENIUS!

Kyungsoo ‘accidentaly’ dropping his wine glass to the floor but the two boys didn’t even recognise him anymore. “oops, my bad. I’ll take the new drink if you’ll excuse me?” still no respond. So Kyungsoo turned away without waiting for their answers and almost run from the scene. It was horribly awkward as hell.

Without Baekhyun in tow, Kyungsoo wandering inside the large hall trying to find something interesting. (Twice almost meet Kai but he’s abruptly run before the other noticed). After a while, Kyungsoo decided to come to the vegetables area, in hope Baekhyun and Chanyeol already gone. And he was right.

But Oh Sehun and his family taking the spot there, standing and talking with each other. Actually Kyungsoo wanted to take the vegetables quitely so the Ohs won’t see him. But Sehun’s brother noticed his lone figure in the corner and called him to come. being a nice kid he is, Kyungsoo approach them with his best smile.

“Hello. It’s nice meeting you guys again.” He said with a bright chuckles. Sehun walked forward to stand beside him. They both exchanging looks and smiled.

“Kyungsoo dear!” Mother Oh pulled his hands forward and gave him a tight hug. “I never seen you again since forever!”

“Mom, you’re exaggerating things.”

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow toward the youngest. “Say someone who wanted me to call him everyday.”

“uh—well It’s for knowing your place!”

“Uh huh, right.” Seyhun, Sehun’s brother, scoffed.

“By the way, Kyungsoo? Were someone inviting you to the gathering?” Father Oh asked him politely after hugging him too.

Kyungsoo shyly smiled. “It’s not like that... actually i am now, work here.”

The Ohs (except Sehun) completely silence after that.

“SERIOUSLY?” the three of them almost shouted.

“You should tell us earlier, Kyungsoo. I can put you on a higher rate!” Father Oh’s eyebrows crooked. “Oh sehun, did you already knew about this?”

The youngest shrug. Staring at Kyungsoo with an ‘i know they will be like this’ expression. “This boy wouldn’t let me tell you.”

“Hey! Don’t do that, i’m older than you!” Kyungsoo offended. He stared at the three Ohs comfortingly. “Actually, i really didn’t know that Bluproject is actually yours, Uncle Oh. The news came to me after i met Sehun on my first day, last week. Baekhyun, my team leader, told me that the CEO of Blueproject currently is—“ Kyungsoo frowned, “—is Kim Jongin. And i never knew Kim Jongin is actually Sehun’s cousin.”

“Wasn’t Kim Jongin your childhood friend?” Seyhun asked.

“Apparently yes. i forgot about that actually. I never met him since ages, and i wouldn’t know our CEO is him if Sehun didn’t told me.”

“But still, if you already know about Blueproject, why don’t you come to me and asked for a raise?” Father Oh looked miserable.

Kyungsoo shake his head. “No of course. It isn’t fair for all the employees anyway.”

“It is. I already consider you as a child, Kyungsoo. It wouldn’t be fair for me.”

“It’s okay, Uncle Oh. I get what you mean, but please just believe in my power. I promise i will have a raise within two years. And i won’t dissapointed you as a worker.” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Two years? Isn’t it too long...”

“No, if we wait patiently.”

The Ohs family got silent from listening to both males. And after that, once again Mother Oh giving Kyungsoo one of a very tight hug. “This is why you’re my favorite, Kyungsoo-ah! Come and marry Sehun, and you’ll be our real son.” She beamed.

Seyhun and Father Oh laugh immediately but the victim’s continously splurting things.

“Mom Y-you k-k-kidding! Yah shut up!”

Kyungsoo giggles. This is why Oh families are his favorite since he was kids. He hoped though, that he will be one of Oh’s members later. It will be nice having such warming family members everyday. Eventhough Mother Oh like to spoiled their children, Kyungsoo doesn’t mind. But it is impossible since he’s too old to be adopted. Unless him marrying someone from the family.

Kyungsoo’s mind immediately goes to Kai.

And suddenly the gut feel came by.

He’s a dirty guy who slept with one of the Oh’s family as a one night stand. Kim Jongin is a Kim but still, they still share same blood relation. Kyungsoo wanted to throw up his stomach, well he’s not worth it. What will Mother Oh thought of him after they knew about him and his one night stand? Does Mother Oh will still stay worship him? Does Father Oh will still asked him for a raise?

Kyungsoo didn’t know why, but the thoughts come over him so suddenly it sickening him.

It feels like crazy tornado when the topic of Kim Jongin once again, came to the surface.

“...I shoud ask Jongin to know you better. Might or might not be, when you both clicked, you can be his secretary.”

Kyungsoo frozed.

“Why Jongin though? He can be my secretary too!”

Seyhun rolled his eyes. “Kyungsoo is working on Advertisement’s department, remember?”

“B-but—“

Mother Oh cut Sehun’s stuttering voice with a gentle nudge. “Calm down, Sehunnie. Kyungsoo will still be our future son-in-law even when he’s working as your cousin’s secretary.” She giggled. “but him being married to Jongin is pleasing for me too. As long as Kyungsoo being our family, it’s fine. Right dad?”

But Father Oh’s respond, Sehun’s protested wail and Seyhun’s laugh sounds like an allert inside of Kyungsoo’s skull once he accidentaly looking at someone who walked toward them.

 “Uh—guys? Sorry but—but i really needed to go to the bathroom right now. Can i?” kyungsoo tried to smile.

The Ohs once again be quite and nods. “Are you okay , though? You’re seems pale...” Mother Oh asked worriedly.

“Nah, it’s okay. I’m just need—to—pee?” Kyungsoo glance toward the uninvited guest and smiled once again. “I will be back soon!” and he’s gone sprinted toward the bathroom without warning.

 

 

 

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Seyhun nudge Sehun’s shoulder, the Ohs still looking toward Kyungsoo’s direction.

Sehun stayed still, his frowns are visible.

He didn’t know either. Kyungsoo’s always been like this whenever they’re hanging out inside Blueproject building, when he asked him about the reason the latter always changed the topic without him knowing. It’s actually bothered him whenever Kyungsoo excused himself so suddenly like this.

“Hey guys.”

Sehun looked up and his frown got deeper.

Jongin chuckled. “Yah, i’m not a monster or something. Don’t look at me like that.”

Sehun only stared, Jongin looked away from him and begin a chat with his other family members. There’s something wrong here, he sensed. The answer is far yet so close from his grasp. Thinking deeply, Sehun didn’t see Jongin asking who they were talking with earlier (or see his falling face too).

Jongin asked Sehun but the younger didn’t even budged. He then attacked the younger by headlocking him and laughed. Sehun wailed loudly. Jongin can be so annoying to everyone he swear.

 

 

 

And he doesn’t realized the answer for his misery, that everytime Kyungsoo ran away like earlier, his cousin always come to greet him or passing by.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

Kyungsoo closed the bathroom door and sighing happily.

Once again, Do Kyungsoo manage to free himself from the number one who he should avoid. He smiled to himself for being a genius and having a nice reflex. He would be a dead meat if his eyes didn’t recognize Kai right away. But his feeling said, they did exchanged eye contact before he excused himself. If their eyes really met, then Kai should have ran after him right now.

Kyungsoo clearly did not hoping Kai to be after him, of course.

, yeah, only a little. Kyungsoo sigh.

Now what he’s going to do? Coming out from the bathroom or wait until the party ended? But the second choice is ridiculous. He can’t stay at the bathroom for the rest of gathering. What if Baekhyun or Sehun searched for him? (Well he have a feeling Baekhyun won’t even remember he’s there since Chanyeol looks so stunning today.)

Kyungsoo only one step to chosing his decision when someone openned the door and came in rushingly.

The doe-eyed male looked up to see the intruder staring at him. Kyungsoo would be glad because the latter wasn’t Kai, but the guy’s swollen eyes who catch Kyungsoo frozing on his spot.

To make it more awkward, the guy with swollen eyes is turned out to be Lu han. Sehun’s scary tutor.

“Uh, H-hi.” Kyungsoo greet.

The latter smiled a little toward him and then he cried.

Kyungsoo flabbergasted.

I swear i didn't touch him!

 

 

 

 


a/n:

look who's trying to update second chapter;-;
it's been rough weeks back then and it as hell because next week will be more rough than before (i got exams for every days great)
so i haven't make Jongin and Kyungsoo met (sorry again)
It isn't feel right to rush thing isn't it?
well,
i hope you enjoy this crappy chapter i've ever wrote lol
see you on next update!