The Dragon

A Demon's Confession

"Jaehwan, don't scratch yourself," you whine, grabbing his hand.
"My lotion isn't working," he whines, as he scratches his leg with his other hand.
"Don't scratch," you repeat, grabbing his other hand.
"I want to," Jaehwan whines, shifting in his seat.
"Don't," you firmly state.
"I won't," he mutters. You release his hands.
"You better, or no more kisses," you threaten. He frowns, as you stand.
"Not your kisses," Jaehwan gasps. He grabs your legs, and looks up at you. He puckers his lips at you. You laugh, and his face forms his bright smile. He stands, and blinks his eyes. You roll your own, and kiss his cheek. He smiles, before you fix his golden hair. Jaehwan kisses you. His lips feel warm. He pulls back, and notices your frowning face.
"Are you alright?" He asks, leaning in so your noses touch.
"I'm fine. You just feel warm," your state, placing your hand on his forehead.
"I feel fine," Jaehwan comments, pouting. "If I'm sick at least I'll have you to take care of me."
You laugh.
"I need to go. I have to help my mother," you explain, pulling out of his embrace.
"Alright," he smiles, kissing your cheek. You grab your things, and leave his house.

It's been a week. You're worried. He hasn't called. He doesn't do this. You've called him, he doesn't answer. You stand outside his door. You knock, and the door opens itself.
"Jaehwan?" You ask cautiously. It's warm, no, hot. You shed your jacket, and place it on his couch. You take off your shoes, and socks. You walk barefooted down the halls. Black scorch marks cover the walls. Empty bottles of lotion lay on the floor.
"Jaehwan," you repeat, knocking on his bedroom door.
"Go away," he croaks from inside.
"What's wrong?" You ask, and you hear shifting.
"Nothing. Go," he coughs.
"You don't sound fine," you say, as you hear more coughing.
"I am. Leave me," Jaehwan yells.
"I'm coming in," you announce, grabbing the handle. The metal is warm, as you turn it.
"Please, no," he begs, as smoke assaults you. You cough, and kneel to the ground.
"Jaehwan?" You cough, looking for him.
"Leave," he begs. You search for him. The walls are scorched black, and burnt items lay scattered around. Something warm and sharp digs into your shoulder. You turn to see a deep green, scaled arm, ending with black nailed talons. You glance up, and meet light green, slitted eyes.
"Jaehwan?" You question. The creature releases you, and you move closer to the bed. The khaki hood covering its head is almost burnt off. The white shirt is torn, and charred. The black pants are singed.
"Don't look at me," he whispers, as you notice the green wings, with the lighter green connecting skin.
"What happened?" You ask. Jaehwan exhales, releasing a small stream of fire. You jump back, and he looks to you.
"Scales formed after I started scratching away skin. Fire burned inside me. I am a dragon. They exist. My father was a forest dragon, my mother was an ocean dragon. They had me, and I'm drawn to both. We protect the lands, and allow rebirth to happen," he explains, looking to you. You blink your eyes, and walk to him. You grab his warm arm, and rub his dry scales.
"Can you have skin again?" You ask. Jaehwan shrugs, before nodding.
"I can," he whispers. "But I'd have to give up on being a dragon forever."
"Would you want that?" You ask, and he shakes his head.
"My parents thought I wasn't going to transform. I don't think I can give this up," he confesses, glancing at your sad eyes.
"Okay. I'll miss you," you mutter, snuggling into his warm chest.
"I'll miss you to," Jaehwan whispers. You look up at him, and he kisses you. Scales should be hard, but the ones on your lips feel soft. Things heat from more then just his dragon fire.

You walk slowly, with him following behind.
"Come on, Yongjae," you call, and his stubby, five-year-old, feet carry him as fast as possible.
"Coming mommy," he states, catching up to you. You both are in a forest, beside the sea. His new home. You squat, and rub his light green scales around the edges of his face.
"Do you know why we are here?" You ask your son. He shakes his head, and looks to you with wide eyes.
"No," he says, smiling wide.
"Look." You point to the large figure emerging from the trees.
"Wow!" He explains as he looks to the large, forest green, dragon.
"Do you know who this is?" You ask, and Yongjae shakes his head.
"No," he denies, his green eyes widened.
"He's your father," you explain. Yongjae's eyes widen more, and glances between you and him. "Go." You give him a push. "He won't hurt you."
Yongjae takes off, and stands in front of him. The dragon releases a small puff of smoke, and Yongjae giggles. You walk to them, and the dragon looks to you.
"Hello Jaehwan," you whisper, and you can see the smile in his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: and this story is complete. I liked kens the most. Please comment! (-<) <3 ^_^