The Wolf

A Demon's Confession

He sits beside the window in your shared house. He perks up, and turns to you. His fluffy blond hair bounces.
"You're back," he smiles, running at you.
"Sanghyuk," you whisper, and he wraps his arms around you.
"I missed you," he whispers, picking you up and twirling you around.
"I like breathing," you exhale. Sanghyuk sets you down, and laughs.
"I like you," he whispers. You blush, and he laughs.
"Don't laugh at me," you demand, pushing him away. Sanghyuk pouts, and you burst into laughter.
"You're mean," he frowns, and you kiss his cheek.
"But you love me," you comment. He laughs, before capturing your lips. You tilt your head, and he rests his hands on your hips. You pull back, and snuggle into his neck.
"I do love you," Sanghyuk whispers into your ear. You blush again, and contently sigh.
"I heard there is a meteor shower tonight, along with the full moon," you state. "Do you want to go?"
"I can't. I'm sorry," he whispers, pulling back.
"Why?" You ask, as he sits on the couch.
"I have somewhere to be," Sanghyuk sighs, and you frown.
"But it's supposed to be really romantic," you say, and he sigh.
"I. Just. Can't," he states.
"Fine," you snap, walking up to your room.
"Wait," he calls after you. You fall on the bed, and he runs into the room.
"Go," you demand. You feel his weight beside you, and he kisses your neck.
"I would love to, but I can't. I can't explain it. I need you to trust me," Sanghyuk whispers, kissing your neck gently over and over. You giggle, and turn to him.
"I trust you, but that doesn't stop my curiosity," you whisper. His kisses your lips, and smiles.
"I love you so much," he mutters, and you both sit up.
"Can we watch the sunset together?" You ask. Sanghyuk tenses.
"Sure," he mutters, and you stand.
"Come on. We can go to the roof," you smile. He smiles back, and nods.
"Sure. You go on up. I'll grab a blanket," Sanghyuk decides. You nod, and he stands.
"See you up there," you smile, kissing his cheek. You run out to the balcony, and steady yourself. You climb up, and look to the forest behind you. Something slams shut, and you look to see him running.
"Han Sanghyuk!" You yell. He flinches, and continues to run. He looks back, and shakes his head. You climb down, and run downstairs. You slip on shoes, and run out the back.
It darkens outside, as you run into the woods. Stumble marks line a path, and you follow it carefully. You hear heavy breathing, as you reach the edge of a clearing. He pants, folded over himself.
"Sanghyuk," you whisper, revealing yourself.
"Leave," he gasps, falling to the ground. You run to him, and lay him on his back.
"Why?" You question. His back arches, and he screams in pure pain.
"Run away," Sanghyuk growls, flipping to his hands and knees.
"I'm not leaving you!" You scream. He growls again, as the last of the sunlight fades away. Your eyes widen as you watch the sight in front of you.
Popping noises can be heard from him. He arches his back, and his shirt tears. His nails grow, as his feet shrink. His hair darkens to a sandy brown, and it grows over his body. His face elongates, as his spine curves. His clothing falls to shreds. His legs and arms are thinner. It growls at you, and you back away.
"Sanghyuk?" You shake, looking at it. The sandy colored wolf looks at you. It's back arches, and it howls. It turns to you, deep brown eyes look to you. It blinks, and they change to a vibrant blue.
It walks to you, and you hit a tree. It sniffs, and meets your eyes. You flinch. It whimpers, and its eyes sadden. It walks away, tail between its legs. You follow it, and it walks out of the clearing.
You don't watch your footing, and fall. It looks back at you, and you hold your ankle. It hurts, but the wolf runs back. It whimpers, and looks to you. It your face, and plops down on your lap.
"You're a good wolf," you mutter, scratching behind its ears. It smiles, and snuggles into your lap. You lay back, suddenly tired. It stands, and takes a defensive stance facing the woods. You smile, and fall asleep under the trees.


You open your eyes. The wolf is gone, and twigs are stuck in your hair. Sunlight prickles your skin, and you stretch. You attempt to stand, and you feel the pain in your ankle.
"Careful," his voice warns. Grey sweatpants are the only thing he seems to be wearing.
"What are you?" You ask, remembering him, and the wolf he became.
"A wolf," he sighs, as his blond hair flops forward.
"Why didn't you tell me?" You ask, and he sighs.
"You saw what I became. I am not the wolf. Instincts take over. I'm surprised it didn't kill you," he states. You freeze, and look to him.
"It could have killed me?" You ask, and he nods.
"Why do you think I run away? Asked you to run. Scream at you to," he questions. His words sink in.
"Sanghyuk," you whisper, and he flinches away.
"Don't touch me," he snaps. A tear falls from his eyes. "I never wanted you to see this side of me."
He sinks to the ground, and folds himself into a ball. You crawl over to him, wincing when your ankle hurts.
"I'm not going to leave you," you whisper. He looks up, and you cup his face.
"Please," he whispers, meeting your eyes. You nod.
"I promise," you mutter, kissing his lips. "Lets go home."
He nods, and smiles. He stands, before squatting to carry you. You giggle, and he walks out of the woods.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hyukkie! Yay! Next week is the bean, then Ken. The picture isn't mine. (-<) <3 ^_^