The Voodoo Doll

A Demon's Confession

You run home. Thunder clashes, and you flinch. You sprint; you aren't that far. The rain patters on your awning, and you slip under it. You grab your key, and unlock the door. You push it open as you pull out the key.
You shiver, you don't usually keep the house this cold. You look up, and flip a switch. The lights don't turn on.
"Great," you mutter. You make your way blindly to your kitchen. Rummaging in the drawers, you find the candle and matches you keep. You hear something. Metal being dragged across a surface. You turn, and see a faceless figure. A knife shines in what little natural like there is. You close your eyes, and scream.
"Jagiya," someone whispers. You open your eyes to see your take-in-turned-boyfriend.
"Hongbin," you breathe. Your breathing returns to normal. The lights are on, and you seeing him, calms you.
"Why were you screaming?" He asks. He walks to you, and hugs you tightly. His black fringe tickles your neck. You sigh.
"I thought I saw something. It was probably a trick of the light," you whisper.
"Are you alright?" He asks, pulling back. You nod, and he kisses you for a brief moment.
"I'll be fine. I need to change," you explain. He nods, and you leave his embrace. You walk to your shared room, and remove your drenched shirt. You dig in to Hongbin's clothing, and find a large shirt of his. You slip it on, before you search for your black sweatpants. You change into them, and sigh.
The lights flicker out again and you find your heart racing. Metal glints in the corner of your vision. You bite your lips. A figure advances, the knife in his hands. You back away, into a corner. Shards of glass, embedded in his skin, reflect some light. He plays with the knife, waving it to and fro. He grips it tight, and pushes you against the wall. The tip starts to dig into your neck, and the lights turn on again.
"Hongbin?" You ask. He backs away, and the knife clatters to the ground.
"Keep the lights on," he whispers.
"What?" You ask.
"Just trust me, and keep the lights on!" He yells. You grab the knife, and he cries.
"Why?" He whispers, curling into a ball on the bed. You run out, and hide the knife. You walk back, and see him still in his ball.
"Talk," you demands. He turns to you, and sits up. Hongbin's fringe falls over his eye.
"It wasn't me. I swear it wasn't me," he whispers, as tears leak from his eyes.
"Who was it then? The boogie man?" You ask, sarcastically.
"My demon. For most people it's metaphorical. It's not for me," he explains. You soften.
"Then what are you?" You ask, and he stands. Hongbin walks to the shelf where the doll you found with him sits. He takes it down, and holds it gently.
"A voodoo doll, a carrier of pain, not human," Hongbin sighs. You frown.
"Then why do you keep that?" You ask. He sighs.
"Take it, and mar it," he demands, and handing it to you. You take it slowly, and push a nail into the soft fabric. The stuffing in the wrist pops out slightly, and you hear him scream into bitten lips. You look to him, his wrist, his bleeding wrist. You drop the doll, and he looks to you.
"I'm not human," Hongbin sighs. You squat, and pick up the doll. He looks at you.
"Why did you try to kill me?" You ask. He sits on the bed.
"Black as night, fullest moon, wild rain, control to lose," he states, and you frown.
"What?" You ask, sitting beside him.
"In the darkness, when it is raining and there is a full moon. I can only be controlled by the doll," Hongbin whispers, and you frown.
"Why didn't you tell me?" You ask, and he laughs.
"I can kill you! Heck! I almost did," Hongbin exclaims, as the lights flicker out again.
The demon reappears. Glass grows from his skin. You back away, and he looks to you. White eyes, with slowly filling in crosses. You gulp, and he stands. looks at the doll.
"Master," he mutters, kneeling in front of you. "Whom do you wish to be hurt?"
You blink, and watch him.
"If I said you. Would you?" You ask, and he glances up at you.
"If it is my master's wish," he states. You hate how monotone he sounds.
"Stand," you demand, and he does so.
"Sleep with me," you state. He nods, and he walks to you. You crawl under the covers, and he does it so robotically. You snuggle into his chest, and fall asleep with the doll between you both.

Sometime in the night you vaguely recollect someone wrapping their arms around you.

You open your eyes, and see his brown orbs.
"I'm sorry for not telling you," Hongbin whispers. You nod, and kiss the tip of his nose.
"I think I get it," you whisper. He smiles, and cups your face. He kisses you gently.
"Jagiya. I wish for you to be my demon's master, and my doll watcher," he whispers.
"Okay," you agree. His smile reaches his eyes, and he kisses you again.
"I love you, my master," he mutters. You giggle, and pull him in for another kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hongbin's! Kens next week. Then I'm done. The gif doesn't belong to me. (-<) <3 ^_^