Phase Four: Taco Break

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

Phase Four: Taco Break

Dragging my entire body onto the soccer field, I mumbled all the curse words I knew until I reached the crowd of boys huddled in the center of the field. I stood in the back, barely staying on my own two feet as the others looked energized and ready for the day- although I still considered it as night since the sun isn't even up yet. 

"Look alive boys!" The coach yelled, observing his clipboard. "Our next competition is with... You know what, I don't even know. We just have to beat them like they're girls." He joked and the others laughed with him.

"I'll show you alive." I muttered under my breath, suddenly feeling energized when I heard his little joke.

Our team was divided into two teams and I was against the two people I hate, but at least someone I think is on my side is... Well, on my side, literally. He's on my team.

The first round was hell since my body still wasn't awake yet so I simply jogged around the field, trying to get the ball when I can... With my face. It was like the guys were taunting me, aiming at my head every time they kicked the ball. But then they took it too far, aiming for my lower regions, but one of them hit my most sensitive part.

"YAAAAAAH!" I screamed my lungs out, covering my chest. 

"Ying, stop being a little girl and get back on your feet." The coach said nonchalantly, scrolling on his phone that he 'oh-so-cleverly' hid behind his clipboard.

"That's it!" I shouted, running after the ball.

I don't know how, but I swiveled the ball around my foot and aimed it at the soccer net. Of course, my plans always backfire somehow and it bounced off the pole, hitting me dead in the face. I landed on the grass and stared up at the sky, letting the sounds of the guys laughing at me fill my ears.

"Get up, sleeping beauty." Luhan extended his hand and I just let him drag me up. "Good kick, too bad you didn't aim."

"Thanks... I guess." I muttered, brushing off the grass clippings from my clothes.

"By the way... You shot at the wrong goal." He added in a graver tone, giving me that 'are-you-kidding-me' face.

After soccer practice- or should I say; humiliation, I headed off to my dorm where I changed clothes and went to my first class. To say the least, my classes mainly revolved around me either sleeping or giving back snappy comments. 

When I got back to my dorm, I told myself the first thing I got to do is work, eat and sleep. That's all I want and all I need, but of course, God just hates me today and I walked into a room full of boys rummaging through my bags.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I shouted, making them freeze.

"Hey, why are you yelling- Oh." Luhan just walked out of the bathroom and stared at the guys in shock and then darted his eyes back to me.

"Yeah." I scoffed. "Oh!" I mocked his tone, gesturing to the guys. "Explain!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter