FIRST TRASH

TRASH

 

— FIRST TRASH

 

 

Woohyun walks down the street with hands wrapped around his chest, protecting his body from icy cold wind that blow at him from time to time. It’s going to rain soon but Woohyun doesn’t care about it since he’s busy with thinking about what happened to him today. His eyes most of the time are closed as he let his sorrows out of his heart and he’s crying not even bothering to wipe off the tears that flow from his eyes as a waterfalls. His lips shakes from cold and from crying and he bites them so hard that he had injured bottom lip in the left corner where appeared first drops of blood. However he doesn’t feel anything as his heart ache from betrayal which happened to him for the first time in his life. He always believed in people but now all this changed and now he knows he can’t trust anyone, even the closest family.

Woohyun falls on his knees, crying louder as Kim Sunggyu crossed his thoughts. He hates him the most, he regrets meeting him but most from all of this he hates himself for offering him help the day he had found him on the pavement.

 

 

Woohyun finished his work later than he thought and after he was out of his father company building, he rushed to his car. When he opened the door, he threw his bag on the passenger seat and next got inside. He engine and drive off the parking lot. He sighed in relief as he could finally relax and loosen his tie. It was hard day for him, full of paper work and yet he had to go to his friend who was throwing a birthday party and invited him as a special guest. If his presence weren’t so important he wouldn’t go there and just drive straight to his home as his friend was living on the other side of the town and Woohyun really hadn’t had strength to spend one hour in the car on the way back home. Unfortunately fate forced him to do so as few hours later after boring party, he was driving back to his home, struggling with tiredness to not fall asleep. His eyes were so heavy yet he had to focus on the road. As it was raining heavily. Finally unable to take it anymore Woohyun decided to take a nap on the side of the road. He parked his car and switched off all devices so only sound of the rain was heard. He settled himself comfortably at his seat and reached out for his phone to set up the alarm. One hour was enough for good nap – he thought. He was ready to fall asleep when he heard faint voice coming from one of the alley. Scared that it could be someone dangerous, he stiffened in his seat and started to listen carefully.

“Why me?” he could understand words as this person was heading his direction.

Woohyun slide lower on his seat, trying to hide himself. He also secretly checked if doors were locked so no one could get inside. Woohyun relaxed a little at the thought he was safe in his car.

“This can’t be… Why?” he heard it clearer as this person went out of the shadow and stopped under the street light which was in front of Woohyun car and he could watch the stranger from there. It was a tall man around Woohyun age. His clothes, black long coat, brown trousers and black shoes were fully soaked by the rain. His slightly chubby face was tinged in pink from the cold air while his tiny eyes almost in whole were covered by bangs. Drops of rain ran through his face and Woohyun couldn’t say if he was crying or not.

“Mom… I don’t deserve to live. I disappointed you…” the man cried and wrapped his hands around the lamp, pressing his face against it as if he was hugging stuffed animal. ‘It’s dangerous. Is he mad?’ Woohyun pondered as he continued observing the probably drunk man. He froze when the man fell on the pavement with his head hidden between his hands. Woohyun didn’t know if he should do something. At first he stayed in the car, trying to make sure this man is still conscious but when he wasn’t moving for more than two minutes, he rushed out the car and to the stranger.

Rain immediately soaked him the moment he lay his feet on the street but Woohyun ignored it, concerned about the stranger life.

Woohyun crouched above him and slowly and gently turned his body around. His eyes widened as the man was looking at him with shock.

“A-are you ok?” Woohyun blurred out, looking straight into this barely visible eyes.

“Can you kill me?” the man asked while closing his eyes or Woohyun thought he did. He wasn’t sure about that. However he was taken aback by such a request.

“Are you drunk? I may not help you in that case.” Woohyun stated, taking few steps backward as he became more scared as he was earlier.

“I wish I was drunk.” Came the reply filled with pain. Woohyun considered for a while what he should do before he reached for the man hands to pick him up. “What are you doing?” the man shouted, trying to free his hands.

“Com one you can’t lie here. You’ll get cold.” Woohyun stated, trying to pull him up.

“No! I deserve to die!” the man insisted to lie on the pavement, still fighting with Woohyun hands.

Woohyun was growing impatient and rain wasn’t helping him at all. “Did you kill someone?” Woohyun asked irritated but then thought what if what he had said was true. He quickly let go off his hands and backed away. Again he was taken aback, hearing a bright laughter.

“I didn’t do it yet but my mother will die just because of me, her useless son.” After this words his laughter was exchanged by tears.

“Hey stop crying. Maybe I can help you. Come to my car and we’ll talk about your problem.” Woohyun offered, surprised that he’s so willing to help this stranger.

“You’re a good boy. You should leave me and let me die.”

Woohyun sighed and shook his head. “You’re so stubborn. If you change your mind you can come to my car.” He pointed at his car and slowly walked away. He heard some noises behind his back but didn’t stop walking.

“Stop!” called the man. Woohyun grinned and turned around. “Let’s go to my home. I live near here and I don’t want to soak your seats.

Woohyun hesitated for a while before he slowly nodded. He also didn’t want to get to his car all wet. “Fine but if it’s some kind of trick, I’ll kick your .” Woohyun threatened as he walked closer to the man.

“I’m Kim Sunggyu.” The stranger introduced himself, pulling up his hand for a handshake.

“Nam Woohyun.” He grinned and shook his hand.

 

 

Woohyun grabs his dirty hand into another and hatefully is staring at it. It’s this hand which sealed his doom. He’s disgusted by this hand and suddenly he need something to cut it off. This hand, this one hand always was against him.

 

 

Woohyun pushed key into the key’s hole and opened the door. He made passage for Sunggyu and with gesture of his hand, invited him inside. Sunggyu hesitantly went inside and stopped near the door, turning his head to Woohyun.

“What are you waiting for? Take off your coat.” Woohyun slightly laughed when he noticed how uncomfortable Sunggyu was looking, standing in the hall and waiting for any orders given by him. “Give me that, I’ll hang it somewhere.” He added when Sunggyu held his coat in the hand not knowing what to do with it.

“Thank you.” Sunggyu muttered shyly.

“Do you want to drink something?” Woohyun offered, leading Sunggyu to the living room.

“Tea would be nice.” Sunggyu answered as he took a seat at one of the couches. Woohyun smiled and went to kitchen but before he disappeared behind the door he glanced at the older man who was curiously looking around. ‘I hope he’ll like it here.’ Woohyun thought while he was in the kitchen and started to boil the water. When he was done with making tea, he took the two glasses and carried them to living room. Surprisingly he didn’t find Sunggyu on the couch but standing near the wall, with head turned towards his family photo.

“Are you still close with them?” Sunggyu suddenly said, startling Woohyun a little. The younger boy laughed slightly before he sat down on the couch.

“I work with my father and younger brother but our mother…” Woohyun paused and sighed. In the corner of his eye he could see that Sunggyu turned his head toward him. “She’s an actress and everyone knows how relationships with stars ends… new role – new love. Marriage – divorce… on and on…”

“I’m so sorry.” Sunggyu whispered as he moved closer and sat down next to Woohyun.

“You shouldn’t be. I’m used to it.” Woohyun shrugged and took a sip of his coffee.

“Well if this make you feel better my mother kicked out of the house my father because he was useless. He used to play in cards and lose his salary in the game. He disappeared from our daily life, leaving us with his debts to repay.”

“So you’re the one who pay it since your mom is sick?” Woohyun asked noticing that Sunggyu didn’t touch his tea.

“I pay for both his debts and her treatment but as I said earlier in my house I lost my job.” Woohyun nodded his head because he remember their talk that day. He also remember his mother and the reason why Sunggyu is here with him.

“Do you want to see your room?” Woohyun asked, putting down his half finished coffee.

“Are you sure I can live here with you? I don’t cook well and your house is so clean!” Sunggyu whined, causing small smile on Woohyun’s lips. Back then in Sunggyu house he offered the older man he’ll take him to his home, teach him business and help to find job. In return only what Sunggyu have to do is learn well, clean the house and make the food.

Sunggyu accepted it reluctantly.

“Just think about your mother and you won’t have any doubts what to do.” Woohyun assured.

 

 

Woohyun didn’t think properly back then and that’s why all this bad things happened to him. He should have been more careful. He reacted with the flow, happy that he can help somebody in need than think properly before doing something.

“Oh! How stupid I was!” Woohyun weeps, shaking his head violently. He wants to rip out his naïve heart from his chest. If he only could see through Sunggyu from the very beginning.

 

 

Woohyun tutored Sunggyu almost three months, spending time with him above the books day by day. He was so tired, yet so proud of himself. Sunggyu was a good student that’s why they were able to master all of the material in such a short period of time.

Even fortune was on Sunggyu side as Woohyun’s secretary quit the job.

Woohyun without hesitation went to his father to talk with him about Sunggyu who for Woohyun was ready to start working in his father company.

“I’m not sure if you need secretary anymore.” His father answered with stern face. He was looking through the papers and didn’t bother to look at Woohyun.

“Why?” Woohyun was surprised.

“You’ll find out later.” Was the answer filled with indifference.

Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows, stunned by his father behavior. Usually he was nice for him and did almost everything Woohyun asked him to do. “Are there problems with our company?” he asked concerned.

What he received back was a cold glare from his father. “You shouldn’t be concerned.”

Woohyun sighed. Apparently his father was in bad mood so he decided to leave this topic and back to Sunggyu. “Please give him a chance! Three months to get some experience. Please!” Woohyun begged.

“You should agree dad. Our Woohyun can’t be left alone.” Woohyun abruptly turned around hearing his younger brother voice.

“Ah thanks Myungsoo.” He smiled to his brother who as their father had stern face. Woohyun was the only one whose character was similar to their mother and somehow he didn’t really like it.

Their father once again shifted his gaze from the papers and looked at Myungsoo. He let out a long sigh before answered. “Three months and no longer.”

 

 

“Three months.” Woohyun scoffs. This time didn’t even passed yet and his world already was destroyed. How could he suspect his father and brother to betray him along with Sunggyu.

“Why me!” he shouts and lays down on the ground. Just like Sunggyu once did. And he wants to die, to disappear from this world just like he disappeared from this three people’s life.

 

 

“Dad you wanted to talk with me.” Unaware of anything Woohyun said, peeking from behind the door and slowly walking inside.

“Have a sit.” His dad said, pointing at the chair in front of him. Woohyun did what his father told him to do and sat down on the chair. He felt uncomfortable when his father didn’t say a word.

“So… what do you wanted?” Woohyun asked to break the silence. Sadly he didn’t get any reply what concerned him. He was suspecting that his father was mad at him for something because he stopped to smile to him and became kind of cold, what saddened Woohyun.

Suddenly the door opened and Woohyun looked around to check who it was. He was surprised to see Sunggyu with Myungsoo. He was sure Sunggyu don’t like his brother.

“We’re here father.” Myungsoo announced and came closer to their father, standing behind him on the right side.

“Have a sit Sunggyu.” The old man said and Sunggyu obeyed. Soon he was sitting next to Woohyun. “Let’s get straight to the point.”

Woohyun raised his eyebrow questioningly not understanding anything. He glanced at Myungsoo and became nervous. His brother was smirking at him for unknown reason as if he was happy about something. They never had a good relationship but it was the first time Woohyun felt that his brother hate him.

On the corner of his eyes Woohyun saw that Sunggyu shifted uncomfortably and turned his gaze back at his father who was glaring at him.

“Um… sorry.” Woohyun laughed nervously.

“It only proves I made a good decision.” His father sighed. “I’m firing you from my company…” Woohuyn eyes widened in shock and his heart stopped to beat. “I won’t keep here useless kid who don’t know how to properly fill up documents, the easiest he could get!” His father raised his voice a little.

“But you never complained!” Woohyun said weakly on the edge of despair.

“That’s because your friend…” he pointed at Sunggyu. “was correcting all the fails he got from you. He was smart enough to realize your mistakes and correct them.”

“Finally I didn’t have to do double work and correct your files.” Myungsoo snorted.

 Woohyun was speechless. He didn’t know that Myungsoo was doing all his work. He couldn’t believe that they never told him this. “Why didn’t you tell me?” Woohyun voice faltered.

“I was keeping you here because your mother forced me to it. You’re not my son. I married her before she told me she’s pregnant. I was accepting you before she decided to leave me and left a bastard on my dependents.”

Woohyun couldn’t believe in it. He glanced at Myungsoo but he was still smirking. Tears fell from his eyes and he turned to Sunggyu. “Why didn’t you tell me?! I taught you everything!” Woohyun shouted, feeling extremely hurt. “I thought we’re friends…” He whispered. Sunggyu didn’t reply but bit his lip and lowered his head.

“You’re fired and Sunggyu will take your place since he’s better than you.” His father announced, not caring that Woohyun was crying.”

“But…” Sunggyu whispered but somehow didn’t say anything in the end.

“Also I won’t pay for your apartment. I don’t want to have anything in common with you anymore since this is dead.”

“What?” Woohyun couldn’t take it anymore. His world fell apart in a few minutes.

“I expect you to take your stuff today or tomorrow. Now you can go.” His father finished this conversation and turned his back to Woohyun, taking phone in his hand and messaging someone.

“You have no idea how tired I was of you. As older brother you should be smarter and help me with work than burden me with something that you should do.” Myungsoo hissed and went away. Woohyun was sitting there for a while, starring at his father before he abruptly stood up and rushed to the door.

“Woohyun wait!” he heard Sunggyu calling his name but he didn’t stop or turn around. He just escaped from this place.

 

 

Woohyun see shadow approaching him. Suddenly rain stopped to rain at him. He decides to turn around and when he see the face of the person his heart sink.

“Nam Woohyun? What are you doing here?” the old woman ask.

“Mrs. Kim you also shouldn’t be here. What if you catch a cold.” He lightly scolds her, trying to not make her mad.

“I had to buy something.” She answers before continuing. “Sunggyu told me about everything.”

Woohyun close his eyes. ‘So now he can speak.’ He think annoyed. He never imagined to be betrayed.

“My father and Sunggyu, they both tricked me Mrs. Kim and even Myungsoo’s against me.”

 

 

 

“Now I feel like trash.”