Entry Five

Night Like This

Seulgi had always been keen in noticing something about people and she just happens to notice a different vibe coming out from both Wendy and Irene whenever the two are together lately.

The 21 year old waited till Wendy walked out of the changing room, leaving her behind with Irene and Joy who was busy watching something with her ears plugged by her headsets before taking a seat next to Irene.

“Unnie, we need to talk.”

“Hmm?” Irene looked over to her questioningly before taking a glance at their maknae. “With Joy too?”

“Nope, just the two of us.”

The sternness in Seulgi’s voice was scaring her and Irene nodded timidly in front of the younger girl. This is definitely one of the times where she felt inferior in front of the girls. She’s a few years older than they are and yet she felt like a kid sometimes.

Seulgi cautiously looked over to Joy, making sure that the younger girl was focused on her phone and she turned her attention back to Irene. “Did something happen between you two?”

“Who? Me and Joy?” Irene blinked for a few times.

“No, you and Wendy,” Seulgi cocked her eyebrow as she stared at the leader, studying her expression and the moment she said the name of the girl who was about the same age as she is, she noticed Irene swallowing a lump in .

“What do you mean? Nothing happened,” Irene shifted uncomfortably, averting her gaze to somewhere else inside the room. It didn’t take a genius to tell that there is definitely something going on.

“I’m not an idiot unnie. Tell me or I’m going to grill Seunghan instead,” Seulgi pretended to leave the couch to search for Wendy but Irene, took the bait and immediately pulled her back to her seat.

“Alright alright, I’ll tell you,” Irene whispered to her and glanced around the room. She wouldn’t want any rumours to start, not when they have just debuted. “I’ll just text you then.”

Irene then took out her phone and started a conversation with Seulgi on her KakaoTalk.

“We…Wendy and I actually kissed.”

Seulgi stared wide-eyed at her screen, slightly agape as she looked over to Irene who was blushing the whole time she was typing it out. Wow, she wasn’t expecting that to come.

“What?! Oh my god. So…are you two going out now?”

“…Well, no. I’m not even sure what kind of relationship are we having right now. We’re more than friends but less than lovers?”

“So…you girls are buddies?”

“Yah,” Irene blushed even harder as she nudged the younger girl’s side to which Seulgi replied with another text.

“I’m taking that as a yes then.”

“What? No!! We’re not in that kind of relationship. I just, we cuddle at times when you and Joy are asleep. And we do skinship like lovers when you and Joy weren’t around.”

“Hmm.”

“What was that supposed to mean?”

“Well, as much as I’m surprised to find out about the real thing, I’m wondering on why the two of you aren’t going out yet if you guys are serious about each other.”

“I…I’m not sure about anything yet.”

“What about Wendy? Did she say anything?”

“…She only likes to tease me sometimes. Like how I blush or how I like her and stuff.”

Seulgi chuckled upon reading Irene’s reply. Knowing Wendy, the girl has a weird way of expressing herself. And Wendy, despite of how her personality might came out in front of the others, she’s a scaredy-cat when it comes to love.

Wendy is just scared of taking chances with someone, as what Seulgi is told from the girl herself when the two of them had one of those serious life talks.

“Unnie, if you really like her you have to push her to admit that she likes you too and that she wants to be with you. If you keep giving in to her every time, nothing is going to happen. Joy might be the one getting married first before you two even get to be together.”

“Who says that I want to be with Wendy till I’m old?”

Irene wondered how on earth did she manage to blush even more than before. Her cheeks could even warm up a pair of hands in the middle of a cold winter.

“I didn’t say anything about that. And ah, I might be showing this conversation to Wendy by the way.”

The leader of the four widened her eyes and shook her head furiously, begging for Seulgi not to and the younger girl laughed in amusement as she typed in another reply.

“Such a silly unnie. Of course I won’t. But do you think we should tell Joy about this? She would be shocked to find out that her beloved unnies are in a relationship with one another.”

“Well, I’ll tell her when the time is right. I wouldn’t want her to be disgusted of me now…”

“Who says that she would be disgusted? Joy might be young but she has a mind of an adult. She’ll take it cooly.”

Just when Irene was about to reply Seulgi, Wendy had returned from her trip to the bathroom and she shot the two a confused look as both Seulgi and Irene turned their attention immediately to Wendy the moment she stepped in.

“Did I do something wrong?”

“Nope,” Seulgi smiled sweetly in return before typing in her last text to Irene to which read, “I could help you two in getting together unnie. Text me after our schedules later if you’re interested.”

Irene bit her bottom lip as she read Seulgi’s text, wondering on whether she should ask the girl’s help or not. Does she want ‘WenRene’ to be real? Or does she want them to stay as they are?

-

The sight of Irene walking ahead of the girls was an unusual sight for Wendy. Usually, the leader would be the one eager to hold one of their hands and walk together to wherever they are heading to.

“Wait up,” Wendy called out to Irene as she reached out to grab the older girl’s small hand, holding it tightly.

“Ah, sorry,” Irene smiled apologetically and tried to keep the same pace as the girl next to her. She was still distracted by Seulgi’s text earlier that she didn’t even notice that she was walking a bit faster than the rest.

“It’s alright now, is something bothering you?” Wendy took a glance at Irene worriedly before following Irene into van, taking a seat next to Irene leaving the front seats unoccupied for Seulgi and Joy.

“No, I’m just tired,” Irene shook her head with a smile.

Wendy didn’t hesitate to pull the older girl closer to her, gently resting Irene’s head on her shoulder. Irene instinctively shut her eyes in comfort and for a second, she just forgot about everything else.

She wanted to stay with Wendy like this without any worries.

But does Wendy wanted the same as well?

Irene wondered and sighed deeply, wrapping her arms around Wendy’s waist to which Wendy just took it as the older girl being really exhausted. Wendy silently caressed Irene’s hair in return, but their sweet moment was soon ruined when there was a flash inside the van.

And it turns out to be their maknae, taking a picture of her unnies at the back with a cheeky grin. “Unnie, you two look like a couple. The fans are surely going to love this.”

Irene grumbled and tried to shoot her play pal a glare.

Way to ruin the moment Park Sooyoung.

-

“Who’s that?” Irene tried to peek at Wendy’s phone as she rested her head on Wendy’s lap, the younger girl busy texting someone on her phone with a smile.

“Ah, nothing much. It’s Amber-unnie,” Wendy chuckled, and continued texting and Irene could suddenly recall the side-hug that their tomboy-ish sunbae gave to Wendy.

Now that she really thought about it, it’s starting to make her feel jealous. She didn’t think much about it at the concert, although she did pull Wendy away from Amber.

“Oh, I see…” Irene nodded slowly and a pout was starting to form on her lips as Wendy was starting to forget about her existence and just continued to text and text.

Irene let out a light huff as she got up from Wendy’s lap, heading straight for their room and she didn’t even bother to wait for Wendy’s reaction. Maybe she should really ask for Seulgi’s help now.

The 23 year old sighed as she plopped down to her bed, contemplating on asking Seulgi for some help as she stared at her phone. Joy was already deep asleep, and only god knows where Seulgi is at that hour.

The latter was probably roaming around the streets alone at that time. It was something that she had gotten used to when she was a trainee and wanted to release out her stress.

Irene never knew exactly what Seulgi did though, but she knew that Seulgi is a good kid and won’t cause any trouble for anyone else.

Irene finally made up her mind after several minutes of pondering and she quickly texted Seulgi.

“What do you have in plan Seulgi-ah?”

-TBC-

I think that answers most of your question on why they aren’t together yet? XD