Entry One

Night Like This

It was two in the morning when Irene stirred up from her sleep after hearing some rustle and noises coming from the living room.

She was sharing a room with Joy and seeing that the maknae is already deep asleep, it had to be the other two girls.

Seulgi and Wendy.

Irene frowned a little at the thoughts of them still up since they should be getting enough sleep before their first debut stage, they won’t be able to sleep well when their promotion starts.

Not to forget that they have to wake up at six at that day for practice.

The small brunette then made her way towards the living room after wearing her cardigan over her pajama, prepared to lecture the two girls but to her surprise, she only saw one of them.

Wendy.

And she’s standing right in front of the doorstep, prepared to go out at this hour.

“Wha- Where are you going?”

“I-I’ll be back before practice unnie!” Wendy quickly stormed out of the dorm without even answering Irene’s question.

Puzzled, Irene followed her leader’s instinct and rushed after the younger girl to demand for some answers, ignoring the fact that she was only in her pajamas and dorm slippers.

Wendy had done some crazy things before, and now that Irene had been appointed as the leader of the group, she felt that it was her responsibility to take care of the Canadian girl.

“Yah! Where are you going at this hour!” Irene shouted towards Wendy as she tried to catch her but before she knew it, the two of them had already reached the street with Wendy rushing to hail for a cab.

“Ha, I finally got you,” Irene slightly panted and went on to hold onto Wendy’s shirt as she finally caught up with Wendy, earning a nervous chuckle from the latter.

“Unnie…”

The taxi then arrived just about the time Irene was about to speak up and Wendy, giving the older one another apologizing look opened the door and dragged Irene into the taxi.

“What on earth are you doing-“ Irene was once again cut off when Wendy hugged her all of the sudden, looking at her with her best puppy eyed look.

The one that she always used when she wanted to get or have something.

“I’m sorry unnie, I just wanted to get out of that dorm once and enjoy summer,” she pouted adorably, knowing that the older girl would be weak against these sort of things.

And indeed she is. Irene immediately softened a bit and sighed, trying to lightly push the girl away from her.

“You should’ve told me earlier then.”

“I know you won’t allow it though,” Wendy smiled sheepishly as she let go of the older girl before telling the driver where she was heading. “Ahjusshi, can you take me to the nearest beach around here?”

“Beach?” he quirked a brow, baffled with the young lady’s request on going to the beach at this hour but nevertheless he agreed to take them there anyways. “The nearest beach is around an hour to get to though, are you fine with that?”

“No-“ Irene immediately in upon hearing Wendy’s ludicrous request but was cut off by Wendy for the 30th time of the day again.

“Yes ahjusshi, thank you very much!”

“…Can’t you at least let me finish my sentence today?” Irene frowned a bit.

“Ehe, I’m sorry unnie,” Wendy leaned in and pecked the older girl’s cheek as an apology.

What Wendy was unaware of though was the little blush on Irene’s face as she received the peck.

“It’s fine now,” she muttered under her breath before taking a glance at Wendy. “We’ll get into trouble with Manager-unnie, you do know that?”

“You’ll keep this a secret right Irene-unnie?” Wendy smiled brightly.

“That is if we managed to get back to the dorm on time, what about Joy and Seulgi?”

“Don’t worry, I promised to treat them chicken this weekend,” Wendy flashed a cheeky grin as she made a peace sign.

“You, Really,” Irene shook her head slowly, a smile starting to creep on her face right after hearing Wendy’s response.

The girl always had to have the last word. No wonder she used to do well in school before.

The trip to the beach probably wouldn’t be that bad, she thought.

…If she weren’t in her pajamas that is.

 

-TBC-

 

How did you guys like this chapter so far? Haha, it’s a short one for starters. I’m sorry that I haven’t updated my other story. orz