Entry Two

Night Like This

They had finally arrived after an hour ride to the beach and surprisingly, Irene managed to keep her eyes open throughout the whole ride.

She wasn’t feeling that sleepy now that she’s with Wendy, how odd.

Wendy then took out some changes from her pocket before thanking the taxi driver with her crooked grin, dragging the older girl out with her once again.

“Wooho! We’ve finally arrived!”

“Keep your voice down Wendy, you might wake someone up,” Irene quickly shushed Wendy’s lips with her finger. “Remember, nobody knows that we’re here.”

“Well, the taxi ahjusshi knows,” Wendy joked, to which got Irene to break into a smile once again.

The older out of the two gently took her hand before holding it tightly, taking a look around the place that they had just arrived to. “What do you suggest we do first then?”

“Hmm, how about we go for ice cream?” Wendy replied enthusiastically.

Irene wasn’t that impressed with the answer that she gave but nevertheless, she went along with the younger girl’s request in the end.

There was a 24-hour store nearby the beach and she figured that they could get some ice cream from the place.

Although she would prefer coffee to be honest at that hour, it’s not like she would be able to sleep anyways by the time they get to their dorm.

It was when they were near the store that Wendy realized the state Irene was in.

The leader was only in her pajamas when she went after the Canadian girl and yet she didn't complain a thing about it.

It was Wendy’s turn to frown this time and she immediately took off the coat that she was wearing before putting them around Irene’s shoulders protectively.

“Hmm?” Irene turned around questioningly. “What’s with the coat? You can have it.”

“I’m not cold,” she shrugged before running off towards the selections of ice cream in front of the store, leaving Irene behind.

“Yah, wait for me,” Irene tried to call out to Wendy as soft as she could as she didn’t want to disturb the residents nearby at that time.

Such a sweetie really.

-

“Right here unnie!” Wendy waved towards Irene as she waited for her to reach the spot that they had pick for their little date- I mean, trip.

“So your idea on trying to enjoy summer is this?” Irene laughed, carefully holding the warm cup of coffee that she bought earlier.

“Well, I have more actually,” she giggled and sat on the sand, with Irene following suit. “But this is the only thing we can do for tonight I guess, I want to play with the water but it would be cold and I don’t have any spare clothes.”

“I see,” Irene smiled as she took a sip of her coffee, enjoying the refreshing air coming from the sea.

Silence took over the both of them but rather than it being an awkward one, it was quite comforting.

And the two of them liked it.

Wendy was the first one to break the silence and she gave the older girl her usual grin as she half-finished her ice cream. “Well to be honest, I wanted to fall in love during summer as well but as you can see, there aren’t anyone else here other than us.”

“Fall in love? Just fall in love with our fans in the future, I’m sure that we’ll have one or two fans,” Irene chuckled.

“One or two? I’m sure that Red Velvet will be able to take over the world in the future!” Wendy stood up from her spot before shouting eagerly to no one in particular. “Watch out world, Red Velvet is coming!”

“Yah, low down your voice, someone will wake up,” Irene muttered softly and tugged on the younger girl’s jeans.

“Sorry about that unnie, I just have a good feeling about our debut,” she laughed and sat next to Irene once again. “Just having the thought of someone supporting the four of us makes me happy. As long as we have one person that supports us, I wouldn’t mind if the rest of the world hates on us.”

“Mhm,” Irene nodded quietly and took a look at Wendy who weren’t saying anything afterwards.

The leader knew that although the younger girl tend to smile a lot towards the others and seems to be a bright person every time she walks into a room, there was something vulnerable about the girl.

She’s probably the loneliest one out them, seeing that her parents and families are miles away from her.

The only people that she’s got around her are Seulgi, Joy and Irene herself.

Irene silently scooted closer to the girl and placed her arm around Wendy reassuringly, earning a surprised look from Wendy for a second before it was replaced with a smile.

The two girls exchanged stares for a moment and in the middle of doing so, Irene unknowingly averted her eyes to Wendy’s lips and her own for some reason.

Her thoughts were soon interrupted as Wendy spoke up.

“Thanks unnie.”

“You’re welcome, now how much longer are we going to stay here?” Irene shook her head quickly to get rid of the indecent thoughts that she had for her dongsaeng.

What on earth was she thinking really?

She’s a dongsaeng and moreover, she’s a girl.

-

“Do you think that there will be another taxi at this hour?” Wendy smiled sheepishly, looking over to Irene who had a concerned look on her face.

They should’ve asked the ahjusshi to wait for them, Irene thought to herself.

There was no way on earth that there would be a taxi passing by the beach at this hour.

“We’re gonna be in trouble if there aren’t any taxis around,” Irene frowned. “How are we supposed to get back to the dorm on time?”

Wendy scoured the neighbourhood, trying to spot a taxi but sadly there weren’t any.

Although, seeing the bicycle near the shop that they went to earlier gave her an idea.

“I know, let’s ride a bike back to our dorm!” she tugged on Irene’s hand lightly.

And for the 100th time of the day, Irene gave her an incredulous look.

Not believing what Wendy had on her mind again.

 

-TBC-

 

Wenrene ; u ;