Valentine's Day Surprise.

The Journey That Lead Her To Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

Once Kyungsoo's car was out of sight, Mina rushed through the front door and straight into the kitchen. She opened her pantry, praying that she had the ingredients she needed. Luckily, she did. Mina gathered everything and placed it onto the counter.

“Mina?” a voice came from the stairs

“AHH!” Mina was startled by the sudden voice. It was her mother, Her parents came back from work an hour ago.

“Mina what are you doing?” Mrs. Nam asks she looks at the ingredients and a smirk came across her face. “So who's the lucky boy?”

“Ummaaaaa” Mina whined.

“oh come on. I know what these ingredients make and I know what tomorrow is” Mrs. Nam grinned at her daughter. “Aigooo is my baby in love?” She embraced Mina in a tight hug.

“Umma!!!” Mina whined again.

“Ahh fine fine I’ll let you be. Just know, I want to meet my future son in law soon!” Mrs Nam says before she goes up the stairs. Mina's jaw dropped upon hearing “future son in law”

“Aishh... she's crazy” Mina starts her special present for Kyungsoo.

 

 

-------

 

Mina is awaken by her alarm clock. Its 9AM. She finished her special treat for Kyungsoo around 2AM. Everything was all set. She planned for them to have lunch at their regular cafe. Then walk around city wherever they feet talks them. Then they would go to the park and that is when Mina will reveal her feelings to Kyungsoo and present him with the special present. Instead of making chocolates, she wanted to make it a little unique. She made a cake pop bouquet. Each cake pop was a different flavor but what made it cute was that each cake pop had an initial from Kyungsoo's name. Although it wasn't an ideal romantic “date”,but what really mattered was that they were spending their time together.

 

11:45AM. Mina had finished getting ready and sitting in the living room waiting for Kyungsoo's arrival. She sat on the couch facing the window, where she could see the street. Every time a car passed, she panicked, asking herself if it was him. Unfortunately, the last 7 times it wasn't him. Mina looked at her watch.

“12pm -sigh-”

The sound of a closing car door caught her attention. She looked toward the window and saw Kyungsoo walking toward the front door.

“AHH!” Mina jumped up from the couch. She started to panic and pace back and forth.

“he's here he's here. What do I do? What do I..... wait... why am I nervous?!” Mina asked herself out loud. The door bell rang. Quickly, Mina went to the door and before opening it took a deep breathe.

“Hi Kyungsoo!” Mina flashed a bright smile.

“Hello. Ready?” Kyungsoo smiled back at her. Mina nodded and locked the front door before heading off to his car. Kyungsoo drove off and we're on their way to the cafe for lunch. The two would glance at each other time to time and smile. This was the first time they were hanging out by themselves. Just the two of them.

 

They arrived at the cafe. They sat themselves and ordered their food.

“Sooooo.... how are you?” Kyungsoo starts the conversation.

“I'm fine. You?” Mina asks back.

“I'm fine too.....” The avoid eye contact. They weren't normally like this. They would be always chatting and laughing, but this time it was different. It's their first alone together... in cafe..... on Valentine's day. Every where you look, there's a couple here, there's a couple there, there's are couples everywhere. Mina was very aware of Kyungsoo's feelings. You could say he has a hint on how she feels about him too. I mean, out of all the days to ask him to hang out, it's valentine's day. However, she didn't say “date” or “go out with me.” She said “hang out.” Kyungsoo wasn't going to assume anything and just let time work its magic. After what felt like an eternity of awkward silence, they both made eye contact. Mina and Kyungsoo ended up laughing at each other.

“Aigoo.. why are we like this?!?” Kyungsoo laughs.

“I don't know. Let's start over.... Hi I'm Mina and you are?” Mina re-introduces herself, which makes the two of them laugh even more. After a few more seconds of laughing, their food finally arrives. Their nervousness went away and began to get comfortable.

 

“Kyungsoo? Mina?”

The two turn where the familiar voice came from. It was Chanyeol.

“Oh Chanyeol....Hi there.” Kyungsoo greets

“Hi Chanyeol” Mina also greets.

“Hey... what are you two doing here?” Chanyeol asks.

“We're having lunch.” Kyungsoo answers. For some reason, they both felt nervous again. Like they've been caught doing something wrong

“The two of you?.....Together? ….. Alone?”

“Yes” Mina now answers.

“Like a da-”

“There you are Chanyeo-.... oh Mina?” Another person joins the circle.

“Jiyeon” Mina eye's widen. By the looks of it, Mina was guessing that Chanyeol also asked Jiyeon to “hang out” today. Jiyeon glances at the person sitting across from Mina and a grin appears on her face.

“Sooo you must be Kyungsoo?” Mina sends a glare toward her best friend. “I'm Jiyeon. Mina's best friend. I heard a lot abo- OWW!” Jiyeon grabs a hold of her now-throbbing shin. Mina gave her a hard kick.

“Ummmm yeahh.. I'm Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you.” Kyungsoo gives a small smile.

“Uhh I feel like we're interrupting, soo we'll go now. See you guys later! Have a nice date!” With that said, Chanyeol takes Jiyeon's hand and drags her away, but not fast enough that Mina saw the blush on her Jiyeon's face once he held her hand. Once again, an awkward silence occurred between the two after hearing Chanyeol say the word “date”

“Uhhh sorry about that. Jiyeon is a little too friendly” Mina breaks the awkwardness.

“Ahh no its okay. Now let's enjoy our food before it becomes cold.” Kyungsoo suggests as he gives her a bright smile. Mina smiles back and the two eat their meal. After paying the bill, the two leave the cafe. Of course they didn't leave without being notice by Chanyeol and Jiyeon.

“Have a fun date!!”

“Call me later Mina!!”

Mina literally face-palmed herself and Kyungsoo turned bright r

Please log in to read the full chapter