The Penguin Love

Guardian of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: I DO (Cherish You) by 98 Degrees (credit to owner)

 

“Sir! Sir! Can you hear me?”

Lee Min Ho struggled to open his eyes as he tried to nod, but the pain in his head was killing him. As pain pulsed through his throbbing head, his mind and eyes blurred. After a while, his muscles loosened, his body relaxed a small bit, he closed his eyes again, and let out a heavy breath.

“I’m okay. But my head is hurting.” Min Ho replied softly.

The paramedic gently helped him up and checked the wound on Min Ho’s head again. The blood has stopped and his head was wrapped with bandage now.

“You knocked your head on the ground just now. It’s normal that you feel the pain. Do you remember what happened just now?” The paramedic asked again.

Min Ho opened his eyes and looked at the man squatted beside him. As he started to regain his vision, he looked around and found himself laid on the ground in front of his apartment building. He turned to his right side and saw a woman with a kid standing there, looking at him with a worried expression.

“I saw the kid standing in the middle of the road and a car was heading towards him. I ran out and quickly held the kids in my arms. I couldn’t remember what happened after that. I guessed I was hit by the car.” Min Ho said.

“The car didn’t hit you. You fell down on the ground and knocked your head. But since you can still remember what happened, I think it was just a minor injury. I’ll bring you to the hospital now to have a thorough check-up.” The paramedic said to him.

Just when the paramedic helped Min Ho up, he suddenly groaned in pain and held his head in between his hands. He shut his eyes tightly together as all the memories were floating into his head like strong waves.

-----

Shin Hye: “Don’t touch me.”

Min Ho: “I’m sorry.”

-----

Shin Hye: “This is my house and my rules. You are working for me. No matter what is the reason, you have to obey.”

Min Ho: “My responsible here is to protect you and keep you safe. Anything that might risk your safety, I will not let it happen. You have your rules, I have my principles.”

-----

Min Ho: “I told you that my responsibility is to protect you and keep you safe. If you trust me, hold tightly onto me and I promise you I’ll bring you out here safely. Can you trust me?”

Shin Hye: “I trust you.”

------

Min Ho: “Choi Seung Hyun is not a good person. You will only become a tragedy if you marry him.”

Shin Hye: “From the moment I was born in this world, it was already fated to be a tragedy. My existence will only bring sadness and bad luck to the people around me. My mother and my brother were the best examples.”

-----

Shin Hye: “W-What are you doing?”

Min Ho: “Don’t worry about the charity ball. I’ll protect you and I won’t let Choi Seung Hyun to touch you.”

------

Shin Hye: “How many times can you protect me? Sooner or later, I’ll need to marry him. You couldn’t protect me forever.”

Min Ho: “As long as I’m still alive, I won’t let anybody hurt you. I won’t let anything happen to you.”

-----

Shin Hye: “I don’t know how to dance. I couldn’t see the steps. I might trip and fall. I will embarrass you.”

Min Ho: “Don’t be afraid. I won’t let you fall. Or even if you fall, I’ll be here to catch you. Just hold tightly onto my hand, follow my lead and you will be safe with me.”

-----

Shin Hye: “I couldn’t breathe when you are so close to me. Can I have just a moment to be alone, breathing some fresh air?”

Min Ho: “I couldn’t breathe either, knowing that you are sitting here alone with the risk of someone will break in and kill you anytime without anyone protecting you. I felt breathless, looking at your sad face, your pale cheeks but still tried to be strong and cold. You are not only torturing yourself but torturing me at the same time.”

-----

Shin Hye: “I’m sorry. I know you are angry and worried at the same time. But I’m fine.”

Min Ho: “I’m going to clean the dirt that the bastard left on you. I’m going to imprint my scent on you so that nobody dare to touch you again.”

-----

Yoo Chun: “Who do you think you are to stop her from leaving with me? Do you think you have the right to do that? How many times I have to remind you that you are just a bodyguard.”

Min Ho: “I have every right to stop her from going off with you. I’m her boyfriend.”

-----

Jin Hyuk: “I know except for your responsibility as a police, you wanted to do it for your responsibility as a son too. But with Park Shin Hye in the picture now, it will complicate the situation. I can see you don’t treat her like any other girl. You really love her. But you have to understand. Both of you will end up very badly.”

Min Ho: “I just want to get the justice back for my parents. As long as Shin Hye is not in danger, I won’t let anybody to affect the mission.”

-----

Shin Hye: “Promise me that you will not lie to me.”

Min Ho: “I promise.”

-----

Min Ho: “I’m here to make a deal with you.”

Park Min Sik: “So, what’s the condition for this deal? What do you want from me for an exchange?”

Min Ho: “Two conditions. One, I want to work for you in Dragon Corporation.”

Park Min Sik: “You are really ambitious.”

Min Ho: “If I’m not ambitious enough, how would I dare to ask for the second condition that I want from you?

Park Min Sik: “What is that?”

Min Ho: “Your daughter.”

-----

Min Ho: “Don’t do this. You will regret.”

Shin Hye: “Do you love me?”

Min Ho: “Of course I love you.”

Shin Hye: “I need you to know the girl that you wanted badly now is a very possessive, jealousy and selfish. I only want you by myself. I will be very piss off when there is other girl gets near to you. I don’t like to share especially when I love that person so much.”

Min Ho: “Even if you regret now and say no, it’s too late. I’m not going let you go tonight. You are mine.”

-----

Min Ho: “I love you so much that I can’t loss you. Please promise me no matter what, you will forgive me. Don’t leave me.”

Shin Hye: “I promise you. No matter what happened, I will not leave you.”

-----

“Pheeet… pheeeeeet… pheeeeeeeeettt…”

Min Ho: “You have to remember this code.”

Shin Hye: “What code?”

Min Ho: “Two short and one long. Two short whistle sounds followed by a long one. It’s our code. It means… I love you… Whenever you blew this whistle with this code, no matter where I am, I will come to you and be right beside you.”

Shin Hye: “I love you.”

-----

Min Ho: “This is the only one thing that I lied to you. The rest of it, everything that I told you last night, it was all true.”

Shin Hye: “You promised you wouldn’t lie to me. But everything was a lie since the first day we met.”

-----

Min Ho: “You promised me that you will forgive me no matter what I did and you wouldn’t leave me. You have to keep your words.”

Shin Hye: “Even if I forgive you, the pain will still be there and it won’t go away. You promised me that you won’t lie to me too but you did. So we are even now. We do not owe each other anymore.”

-----

Shin Hye: “I’m sorry for what my father has done to you and your parents.”

Min Ho: “It has nothing to do with you. What your father did in the past was solely his own fault. We shouldn’t drag you into all these. I’m the one who should apologize. You were right. I shouldn’t lie and used our relationship to get close to your father. I know I hurt you very deeply but please don’t give up on me. Don’t leave me. Everything might seem like a lie to you but my love for you was true. Give me another chance to prove to you that I’m worth your forgiveness. Please.”

------

Han Ki Ae: “Do you know I can call the police when you broke into the house like this without permission? You don’t have any warrant to search around the house. Please leave before I make the call.”

Min Ho: “You better pray I found her in a good shape. Or else I’m going to make your life even more miserable than the one you had during your childhood.”

Yoo Chun : “What do you mean of Shin Hye is missing. She was still in the house when I went off this morning.”

Min Ho: “I’m not going to let two of you go if anything happened to Shin Hye.”

-----

Shin Hye: “Oppa, don’t need to worry about me. Just shoot her. I rather die together with her.”

Min Ho: “Let me take her place. Take me as your hostage. Let her go. Kill me. It has no difference from killing her after you kill me. It will hurt her even deeper. Kill me.”

Shin Hye: “Even if you kill Min Ho oppa, I will not be with you either. I will only hate you even more. I only love him. Only him!”

Yoo Chun: “You are willing to die together with him? You really love him that much that you willing to give up your own life for him?”

Shin Hye: “Yes. I’m willing to die for him. You have no idea how much I love him. You wouldn’t understand because you don’t even know what is love.”

-----

Shin Hye: “As long as you let him go, I will stay with you and I won’t leave you. I will give you everything you and your aunt want including myself.”

Yoo Chun: “I finally get to be with you.”

Min Ho: “Don’t be stupid. You will never be able to be with her. Shin Hye is your biological half-sister.”

Yoo Chun: “The woman I love all these years, the woman that I’m willing to give up everything just to be with her, the woman that gives me the strength to continue with this cruel life… she is my sister. I fall in love with my own sister.”

Han Ki Ae: “You would not be able to stop me. Even if I have to die today, I will not let all of you go.”

Shin Hye: “Oppa!! Oppa!! Answer me. Wake up! Oppa!!”

-----

Min Ho’s eyes flipped opened as he breathed heavily. His hands were fisted; his jaws were clinched together and gritted his teeth. His entire body was tense, every muscle stiffed and immobile like stone. His heart was pounding so fiercely in his chest that it brought pain to his rib. His chest was rapidly rising and falling with his lungs heaving.

“Sir, are you okay?” The paramedic asked.

Min Ho ignored him as he looked for his phone everywhere. “Where is my phone?”

The paramedic handed him the broken phone he was looking. “It was broken during the accident just now.”

Min Ho let out an exaggerated sigh before he stood up, trying to walk away and get a taxi.

“Sir, what are you doing? We need to send you to the hospital.” The paramedic tried to stop him.

“I need to rush to the airport now. I need to see her!” Min Ho said in furious.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Park Shin Hye ran as fast as she could towards the help desk where the announcement was made just now. She stopped in front of the receptionist as she tried hard to catch her breath. She looked at the young lady in front of her and asked in between her heavy breath.

“I’m Park Shin Hye, the one you paged just now. May I know who left the message for me? The whistle sound. Who blow that whistle?” She asked urgently.

Just before the receptionist could reply her, the whistle sound was heard again.

“Pheeet… pheeeeeet… pheeeeeeeeettt…”

Shin Hye froze in place as her heart was beating extremely fast against her chest. She took a deep breath before she slowly turned around. Her eyes were reddened when she saw Min Ho standing about 10 feet away from her, holding his whistle pendant, looking at her with a soft smile on his face. But at the same time, her heart almost dropped to her stomach when she saw a bandage wrapped around his head. She quickly ran towards him worriedly.

“What happened to your… hmmm…”

Without waiting for her to finish her sentence, Min Ho lunged forward, cupped her face and kissed her lips hard and deep.

Shin Hye was frightened as she tried to break free from him.

Min Ho moved his hand to her nape, pulled her closer to him and held her firmly in place, ignored her struggles.

After a long minute, he finally broke apart and both were panting for air. Shin Hye looked at him in confusion.

Min Ho inhaled deeply as his fingers trailed to her eyes and caressed it softly. He let out a soft smile as a tear escaped from his eye. “Your eyes…” He bit his lip, couldn’t finish what he wanted to say.

Shin Hye held his arm and looked at him worriedly. “Oppa, please don’t scare me. What happened to you? Why are you crying? And your head? You are injured again.”

Min Ho swallowed hard as he pulled Shin Hye into his arms, buried his face in her hair, inhaled into her sweet scent. He needed to feel her so badly to calm himself down. “Thank god you are alright. My heart almost stopped when I saw Han Ki Ae pointed the gun at you. It was so close that the bullet almost hit you. Thank god you were safe.”

Shin Hye’s eyes widened in shock. Her body started to tremble as her breathing become more and more heavy. She pulled away from him as she held his gaze, looking deep into his eyes.

“What were you saying again? You remembered that day when we were locked in the underground room?” Shin Hye asked.

Min Ho her cheek tenderly as he nodded his head. “I remembered.” He paused as he inhaled a deep breath, smiling at her. “I remembered when I first saw you at your brother’s cemetery; you looked so beautiful but so cold and expressionless at the same time. I remembered the first time I held you tightly in my arms when you were almost fall down on the beach. I remembered how angry were you when I broke into your room and how I annoyed you without obeying your rules. I remembered how you recognized my scent, my heartbeat and feel me around when I’m close to you.” He gently wiped the tears that were now rolling down her cheeks.

“Oppa…” Shin Hye bit her lip, couldn’t believe what he was saying.

Min Ho leaned forward and kissed her forehead very softly before looking at her again. “I remembered how much I have hurt you, leaving you here alone when I went to England for training. I remembered how sad you were when you find out about the truth behind your brother’s death, about Yoo Chun’s identity. I remembered how worried and scared you were when you know I was shot and was bleeding to death.” More tears flowed down his face as he slowly moved his hand to his pocket and took Shin Hye’s whistle necklace out. “And most importantly, I remembered about our code.” He gently put the necklace around her neck. After he had fastened the clasp, he kissed her neck softly before looking back at her. “I love you.”

Shin Hye gulped hard as she sobs. She brought her hand to his face and wiped his tears away. “You remembered. You remembered everything. You finally remembered who I am.”

Min Ho caressed her cheeks as he nodded. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry that forgot about you.”

Shin Hye shook her head as she smiled. “It’s okay. As long as you remembered everything now, nothing matters anymore.” Just then, the smile on her face faded as she averted her eyes to his bandaged forehead. “What happened to your head?”

“I met with a small accident when I was rushing over here. A kid almost hit by a car but he was okay.” Min Ho explained. “I got crazy when I saw your whistle necklace on the table. And you told me that you are coming to the airport with Kim Soo Hyun. I thought you are leaving with him.”

Shin Hye laughed softly. “I just forgotten the necklace and left it there. And I told you the other night that I will come here to send Soo Hyun oppa off at the airport. You are the one who didn’t listen to me.” She touched his head gently as she sighed. “Is it hurt?”

Min Ho smiled as he shook his head. “Not hurt at all. And I have to thanks the kid and the driver. They make me remember everything.” He slowly trailed his fingers along her eyes. “You can see now. You can finally see the way my eyes look at you and how much I love you through my gaze.”

Shin Hye sniffed as she threw her arms around his neck, buried her face in the crook of his neck. “Oppa… I love you, I love you, I love you…” She said endlessly as a happy smile finally curved on her lips.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Min Ho slowly folded the letter back into the envelope as he put it on the coffee table. He turned to Shin Hye who was sitting beside him, looking at him with a sad gaze. He pulled her towards him and wrapped his arms securely around her. He kissed her hair softly and her arm, calming her emotion.

“He really loves you a lot.” Min Ho said. His eyes were looking at Yoo Chun’s letter on the coffee table.

Shin Hye bit her lip, trying to hold her tears. “Yes. He really loves me a lot that it makes me felt so sorry for him. I should have understand him more and treat him better. I can imagine how much pain he has to endure when he found out about the truth.”

“It was my fault. I shouldn’t have revealed the truth to him in that way.” He tightened his arms around Shin Hye as he sighed deeply. “I didn’t know he will kill himself and ended his life like that. His love for you was so deep. Even though my heart doesn’t feel good with a man who loves my girlfriend so much and the fact that you were now looking at me with his eyes. But I was still grateful that he gave his cornea to you. He was there to protect you when I was unconscious after shot by Han Ki Ae in the head. I owe him that.”

Shin Hye pulled back slightly as she looked deep into his eyes. “You don’t need to feel uncomfortable. He was my brother. He was not the only one that protected me. If you didn’t take the bullet for me, I’m already dead now. And about his eyes, he gave me a chance to see the beautiful world again and most importantly, he gave me the chance to see you.” She brought her hand to his face and caressed it softly. “You are so good looking. Your eyes, your nose, your lips, everything are so beautiful. I’m willing do anything just to look at this handsome face.” She said with a smile.

Min Ho leaned forward and kissed on her lips. “I’m yours.” He whispered against her lips.

Shin Hye smiled sweetly as she held his gaze and nodded. “Yes. You are mine.”

Min Ho tightened his arms around her waist and nuzzled her neck. “I’m sorry about last night. I’m sorry that I hurt you with those craps. But don’t worry. I killed that idiot. The one who is being with you now is the Lee Min Ho you used to know and used to love.”

Shin Hye giggled. “Oh god, you killed that poor idiot? I actually started to fall in love with him.” She .

Min Ho pulled back and glared at her. “What? You fall in love with him while I’m not around?”

Shin Hye laughed loudly. “Are you crazy? You are jealous with yourself now?”

He leaned forward and stole another kiss on her lips. “It’s so good to see you laughing like this again.”

She circled her arms around his neck and looked at him with a serious gaze. “Is everything really over now? All the sadness, all the pains, all the troubles, are they really gone for good?”

Min Ho rested his forehead on hers as their eyes were still locked together. “Yes. Everything is over and the rainbow is finally here after the big storm.”

Shin Hye smiled happily as she buried her face in his neck and breathed him in, snuggling. His body was hard and warm, yet it was wonderful comfortable against her.

Min Ho scooped her up in his arms and carried her over to the bed, gently laid her down. He her hair tenderly as Shin Hye pulled him by his neck, closing the distance between them. He kissed her lips softly and smiled down at her. “How did you do that?” He asked, looking into her eyes.

“Do what?” Shin Hye asked him back.

“Make me fall in love with you all over again even when I can’t remember who you are.” He said.

She smiled. “It was not me. It was you. Your head might forget about me but your heart didn’t. Whenever I was this close to you, your heart will sense it. I’m someone that is so important to you, that you love so much that you wouldn’t be able to take me out from your heart.”

Min Ho brushed the strands of hair away from her face and kissed her lips softly again. “Park Shin Hye, I love you so much.” He whispered.

Shin Hye leaned up and kissed him. He opened his mouth and deepened the kiss. She then rolled him onto the other side of the bed, climbed on top of him, straddling him. He wrapped his arms around her back pulling her close to him and kissed her deeply. They kissed passionately as he reached for the hem of her dress, she allowed him to pull it up over her head. He tossed it on the floor, admiring her body that was only in bra and underwear now. He flipped her over, pinning her under his body. He continued to kiss her deeply as he ran his arm up to her bare leg. He moved his head to her neck, softly and kissing a trail to her earlobe.

Shin Hye was in an unsteady breath as she felt his warm breath fanning the side of her neck. She tangled her fingers into his hair, holding his head as she inhaled into his manly scent. His taste and smell invaded her like a drug. She gasped heavily when he kissed down and chest to her s that was still hiding securely underneath her bra. His hand s around her back and quickly unfastened the clasp of her bra. He slid it off and tossed it aside. He gently kissed and her stiffened peak, running his tongue over each one. She sighed heavily, greatly enjoying the feel of his warm mouth on her skin.

After a while, Min Ho came back up to her face and kissed her again. With one quick , his tongue pushed through the seam of the lips to travel beyond. He invaded , plugging his tongue inside, then closed his lips around the wet flesh and it hard. She grabbed for his shoulders and made a little moan deep in . His hand slowly travelled down around the side of her underwear and in one swift move, he pulled the thin fabric off. He pulled himself up unwillingly as he removed all his clothes t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter