Whistle In My Heart

Guardian of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: First Love by Boyz II Men (credit to owner)

 

“Hi, sir. These are the necklaces that you reserved and it was engraved according to what you requested. Please take a look and check the condition. If there is anything you are not satisfied we can try to change it for you.” The sales assistant said with a polite smile.

Lee Min Ho took the small box and opened it. His lips curled into a soft smile when he saw the two necklaces in the box. He caressed the pendant’s surface that was now engraved with “M&S” on it. He sighed silently before closing the box and looked up at the sales assistant. “It’s very beautiful.” He said with a light smile as he took his credit card out and passed it to the sales assistant.

“Thank you. I’ll put this in a paper bag for you.” The sales assistant said with a polite bow. She took the box and the credit card from him to the counter at the corner.

Min Ho took a look at his watch and sighed deeply. It was already 8.45pm. Shin Hye just called and told him that she was waiting for him at his apartment. He doesn’t have much time. He know he have to rush back as soon as possible to face the painful reality that was waiting for him.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye put her ipod to the side of the couch when she heard the door opened. She flashed a wide smile on her face as she tilted her head, trying to catch the sound of her boyfriend coming back. She stood up and slowly walked forward. “Oppa? Is that you?”

After a long second, a pair of arms suddenly wrapped her waist from behind causing her to gasp in startled. Her smile slowly widened when she smelled the familiar scent. “Are you trying to scare me? What takes you so long? You told me that you will be home in 30 minutes time but it took longer than that. Where have you been? Have you eaten yet?”

Min Ho smiled at her continuous questions. “First, I’m not trying to scare you. I just miss you very much and want to hug you tightly in my embrace. Second, I’m sorry that I was late. I need to drop by somewhere to take something. And lastly, yes. I have eaten already.” He pressed his lips on her soft and good-smelling hair. “How about you? Have you eaten your dinner?”

Shin Hye nodded her head. “I had dinner with my father at home just now. He was back early and this was the first time that only two of us had dinner together. It felt strange but at the same time, I felt warm inside my heart. He asked me a lot of things today. He asked about my eyes, about my life in the beach house and about us.” She paused as she sighed. “I know it was just a normal conversation but it has been the longest conversation we had since my brother passed away.” She turned her head to the side, facing Min Ho from the front. “It was all because of you. He was happy that we are together. He said you are very capable and help him a lot in the company.”

Min Ho tightened his arms around her waist. Each and every word she said was like needles poking into his heart. He let out a deep sigh. “Can we not talk about any other people tonight? I just want to talk about us, just us.” He said softly.

Shin Hye giggles. “You are even jealous with my father now? What do you want to talk about us? About how much you love me or how much I love you?” She .

“My love for you is uncountable.” He buried his face in her hair, trying to engrave her sweet scent into his head. “I just want to hold you like this for the whole night, without wanting to let you go. If can, I hope we can stay like this forever.”

Shin Hye looked confused with what he said. “Oppa. Are you okay? You sound strange.”

Min Ho sighed. “Everything has become very strange since the first day I met you.” He whispered very softly.

“What?” Shin Hye doesn’t quite get what he was saying.

“Nothing. I just want to have a romantic night with my girlfriend tonight. Can I?” He asked. He smiled when she laughed. He loves to hear her laughing voice. It was like a beautiful soothing chime ringing in his ears.

“How romantic you want it to be? Dim the lights? Candle light supper? Spread the rose petals all over the floor?” Shin Hye held her head down. “I couldn’t see all those things. It would turn out to be very unromantic.”

Min Ho twirled her around and cupped her cheeks. “People said romantic is when the chemicals in your brain kick in and you feel an emotional high, exhilaration, passion and elation when you and your lover are together. Romantic doesn’t only happen with the way we decorate the surroundings or what we see. Real romantic is what we feel inside our heart. We always see things clearer through our heart rather than our eyes. And most importantly, romantic only happened when we are being with the right person, the person that we love.”

He leaned down and kissed her lips very gently. “You are my romantic first love.” He smiled against her lips. “Don’t move and wait for me here.”

Shin Hye nodded with her cheeks slightly reddened. She was quite curious with how Min Ho reacting today. He was very sentimental tonight and she doesn’t understand why but his voice has a slight indication of pain. It doesn’t make sense because their relationship has been stable or even better since her father know about them and since Min Ho started to work for him, everything become even better. She must have over thinking. He just wants to do something to make her happy.  She smiled at herself.

Shin Hye was still standing on the same spot where Min Ho asked her to wait for him when a lovely melody of a slow and soft song suddenly filled the room. She tilted her head up and looked surprised.

Min Ho slowly walked back to her after he turned the CD player on and wrapped his arms around her waist firmly, pulling her body tightly against his.

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

The last kiss we shared, tasted like a wine
sweet and bitter like, our memories
and I long for you to, come right back to me
tomorrow the time will be the same as today
nothing goes on in my heart except your memories
where will you be, and who will you think of
♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

Min Ho brought his lips to her ear that makes her shivered before he said. “Dance with me.” He whispered. Her jaw slacked in shock; he pulled away slightly, smiling at her reaction.

“Oppa, you know I can’t dance. I couldn’t see the steps and I will step on your feet.” Shin Hye said. She gulped nervously when he tightened his arms around her waist, bringing her even closer.

He slowly moved his lips to hers, and nibbling her lower lip, making her to face down in embarrassment. His hand glided both her hands onto his shoulder; her heart began beating a hundred miles a second. “Have you forgotten what I told you the last time when we were dancing?” He whispered softly.

Shin Hye bit her lip as his fingers tilted her chin up forcing her to face up to meet his gaze. Even though she couldn’t see him, but she can evidently felt his intense gaze on her that sent tingles down her spine. Her cheeks were burning. Of course she remembered the last time they danced. They were in Choi Seung Hyun’s charity ball. That was the night when they shared their first kiss and when she confessed to him that she have feeling for him.  

She circled her hands around his neck. “You told me not to be afraid because you won’t let me fall.” She smiled. “Hold tightly onto your hand, follow your lead and I will be safe with you.”

Min Ho kissed the tip of her nose. “Right. As long as you don’t let go of me, I’ll not let you fall.” He said meaningfully before he took a slow step back with Shin Hye followed him timidly, urging her not to be tense. “Let’s dance.” He whispered.

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

You were always gonna be my love
and you should know
Even if I fall in love with somebody else
I'll remember to love you taught me how
you were always gonna be the one
and for now, I'll still be singing this love song
for somebody like you
my first love…
♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

Passion building up with every step. Shin Hye’s eyes fluttered closed as she boldly began executing Min Ho’s movements. They were twirling and they moved in sync, like their bodies were made for each other.  Except for the song that was playing behind, the only sound they heard was their soft breathing and the soft tapping of their feet as they danced.

Shin Hye’s forehead resting against Min Ho’s chin, her breathing softly tickling his throat. They were lost in their own world with each other; their senses could only feel each other.  

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

Time after time, baby I tried to forget our life together
but the memories are so so hard to let go
tomorrow the time will be the same as today
trying to hold back the tears when thinking of you
all I want is to be with you once more…
♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

Slowly, they fluttered their eyes opened. Their feet slowly come to a stop as he looked intensely into her beautiful large but sightless eyes. Shin Hye was in trance, everything seemed surreal as Min Ho twirled her once more before pulling her body back against his.

Their lips were only inches apart from each other’s. Shin Hye’s breathing turned uneven as they inched closer.

“You have to remember tonight. Remember this song, remember each and every word of the lyrics, remember every step we took to dance and bring us closer with each step.” Min Ho whispered, his warm breath brushing her lips. He pulled back slightly as his hand dig into his pocket and pulled two necklaces out from it. He took a look at Shin Hye before he gently burshed her hair to one side of her shoulder and wore one of the necklace on her neck. He then wore another one on his neck. 

Shin Hye squirmed when she felt the coolness of the metal around her neck and she lifted her head up, confused. She brought her hand to her neck and caressed the necklace that was now hanging around it. Her fingers slowly moved to the pendant and her brows frowned, trying to guess what that was. It was hard, thin and long, around half of her index finger’s size. The surface was smooth but she could feel something was engraved on the middle of the pendant. Just when she was about to ask him, a loud whistle sound was heard and startled her.

“Pheeeeeettt…”

Min Ho smiled at her shocked expression. He put the whistle pendant back to his lips and blew it again. “Pheeet… pheeeeeet… pheeeeeeeeettt…”

“O-Oppa… what is this?” Shin Hye asked, still looking confused.

Min Ho brought his hand to hers and grasped it together with the whistle pendant in her palm. “This is a necklace with a real whistle pendant hanging on it. It comes in pair. Yours was in rose gold colour and smaller in size. Mine was silver and slightly bigger.” He gently took her thumb and touched on the middle of the whistle. “Can you feel and guess the alphabet that engraved on it?”

Shin Hye tilted her head slightly to the side and tried to figure out what alphabet was engraved on the pendant. Her lips slowly curled up. “M&S. Min and Shin.” She said with a smile.

Min Ho leaned forward and kissed on her lips. “Smart girl.” He said softly. He then looked down at the pendant she was still holding. “There is a name for this pair of necklace. When I passed by the shop, it was not the whistle that attracted me but the name of the necklace. The designer named it as ‘Whistle In My Heart’.” He paused as he inhaled deeply. He moved his hand to her eyes as he caressed it gently. “You might be blind and couldn’t see anything but your nose, your ears and your heart, it were all extra sensitive compared to other people. You can smell my scent when I was close, you can hear my heartbeat when I was close and your heart.” He paused as he place his hand on her chest and feel her heartbeat against his palm. “You can sense how I feel for you. You can see how much I love you. And most importantly, I can hear what your heart was talking every time I felt it beating. It was like a whistle in your heart. It blew a sound when you need me.”

He took his whistle pendant up and blew it again. “Pheeet… pheeeeeet… pheeeeeeeeettt…”

“You have to remember this code.” He said.

Shin Hye raised her brows. “Code? What code?”

Min Ho smiled. “Two short and one long. Two short whistle sounds followed by a long one. It’s our code. It means… I love you…” He bit his lower lip as his eyes reddened with tears pooling in it. He caressed her cheeks as a tear escaped his eyes without him realizing it. “Whenever you blew this whistle with this code, no matter where I am, I will come to you and be right beside you.”

Shin Hye’s eyes were now turned red as well. She held the whistle up and brought it to her lips. She t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter