Danger

Guardian of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He killed my oppa. He took my eyesight away. It was him. It was him.” Park Shin Hye cried out painfully.

Min Ho’s eyes widened in shock as he pulled back and cupped her cheeks that were covered with tears. “What are you talking about? Who is him?”

Shin Hye swallowed hard and tried to inhale a deep breath. “I heard them talking in the study room when I passed by. He said he was the one who broke the car brake system because he wanted to kill my father.” She inhaled sharply as her body continued to tremble. “She told him that my father was the one who supposed to drive the car that day. But it turned out to be me and oppa.” She moved her hands to Min Ho’s arms and grasped onto it tightly. “They planned it all along. They planned to kill appa. They planned to kill oppa and they planned to kill me.”

Min Ho’s heart was pounding very fast. Even though he roughly could guess who was the ‘he’ that she talked about but he was confused with the ‘she’ that she just mentioned. “Shin Hye, calm down and tell me. Who is he and who is she?”

Shin Hye bit her lower lip hard as tears continued to roll down her cheeks. “Yoo Chun oppa and Han seonsaeng.”

Min Ho’s brows furrowed as his breath became heavy. “Han seonsaeng?” He never ever thought Shin Hye’s teacher have anything to do with all this. She was always so supportive and care for Shin Hye.

She nodded her head. “They were talking in the study room. I overheard everything. Even though I couldn’t see anything but I recognized their voices. I’m very sure it was them.”

He looked at her worriedly as his hands moved downward in between her cheeks and neck, holding her firmly in place. “Did they saw you? Did they know you were standing outside and heard their conversation?”

She shook her head. “I think they didn’t know because they sounded like they were arguing in there and I quickly ran down. Ha Neul-sshi got me and he said nobody was following me from behind so I assumed they didn’t know about it.”

“That was why you ran out of the house and asked Ha Neul to fetch you here?” Min Ho asked.

“My mind was in a mess and I couldn’t calm myself down. I don’t have anywhere to go and don’t have anybody to look for. The only place that came across my mind was the beach house. ” She held her head down as she kept crying. “And the only person I think of was you. But then Woo Bin-sshi told me you will only be back on next Tuesday.”

Min Ho sighed deeply before pulling her into his embrace again. He closed his eyes as he buried his face in her hair. “Thank god I came back early.” He said. He her back gently, soothing her. He then tightened his arms around her as his face hardened. “Your eyes can’t see but your mouth can talk. Don’t just keep quiet when you call me. You have to say it out loud so I know what is happening to you. If not because of Ha Neul called me, I don’t even know you were here.”

Shin Hye bit her lip. “I thought you were still in England and I don’t want to worry you. I just want to listen to your voice. And… we already broke up.”

Min Ho clenched his jaw and heaved a deep sigh. “You insisted to break up. I didn’t agree to it.” He said. “I missed you so much that I can’t even concentrate on the training in England.” He paused as he kissed her hair. “Since you know about the causes of my parent’s death, am I forgiven?” He asked very carefully, worried that he will over-rush everything and scares her away.

Shin Hye closed her eyes, enduring the pain that was torturing her head and her heart at the same time. “It still doesn’t change the fact that you lied to me.” She sniffed sadly, letting the tears to wet his shirt. “Everybody that I love, that I trust, they were all lying to me.”

Before Min Ho could reply, Shin Hye’s phone rang and startled both of them. She pulled away and took her phone out from her pocket. Her hand was trembling as she lifted her head up, facing Min Ho. His eyes darkened immediately when he saw the caller ID.

“Don’t answer.” He held her hand.

“But he will come to look for me. I didn’t tell anybody that I come out. He will keep calling until he knows where I am. He knows I don’t have anywhere to go and he will know I’ll come here.” Shin Hye said nervously.

Min Ho exhaled sharply before taking her phone from her hand and put it into his pocket. “Let’s go.”

Shin Hye widened her eyes when he pulled her hand and forced her to walk away with him. “Where are we going?”

Min Ho didn’t reply her and just keep dragging her along with him. He stopped when he saw Ha Neul and just asked him to follow behind his car without saying where they were going. He was very quiet in the car and no matter how many times Shin Hye asked, he just wouldn’t answer her. She let out a defeated sigh and stayed very quiet, letting him to bring her to wherever he wants to.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

When the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened, Min Ho stepped out as he grabbed Shin Hye’s hand and pulled her out of the elevator together with him. He then stopped in front the door and punched in the passcode. He turned around when Shin Hye pulled her hand away from him, refused to follow him.

“Why are you bringing me back to your apartment?” Shin Hye asked with a nervous expression.

Min Ho’s face hardened as he sighed deeply. “How do you know this is my apartment?” He was really surprise. He purposely doesn’t want to let her know about where they were going because he knows she wouldn’t want to come to his apartment. She couldn’t see but she still knows this is his apartment. She is really unbelievable.

“It took 17 steps from the elevator to your door.” She bit her lip and faced down. “I’ve been here a lot of times.”

Min Ho pursed his lips, looking at her helplessly. She can be very smart sometimes but her smartness just annoyed him at a moment like this. “Why can’t I bring you back to my apartment?”

“I don’t find any reason you need to bring me back here.” She let out a sigh. “Ha Neul-sshi is waiting for me downstairs. It’s late already. I think I need to go home now.”

Before she could turn around, Min Ho grabbed her hand tightly. “Do you think I will still let you go back after what you told me just now? You are not going back!” He said sternly. He opened the door wide and looked at her. “You have two choices. Walk in yourself or I’m going carry you inside myself.”

His gaze dropped to her hand and let out an exaggerated sigh when he saw her clenching her skirt nervously. “I texted Woo Bin just now. He will be here in another 10 to 15 minutes. It won’t be only the two of us in the apartment. Do you feel better like this?” He looked at her and let go of her hand. “I promise I won’t do anything to you. So please go in. It’s kind of cold out here.”

Shin Hye let out a defeated sigh before she stepped inside with her hand holding her white cane. Min Ho followed behind her and closed the door when both of them entered the apartment. She slowly walked towards the couch and sat on it.

“Have you eaten yet?” Min Ho asked, standing in front of her.

Shin Hye nodded her head.

Min Ho walked to the kitchen and later came back with a glass of warm water. He squatted down in front of her, took her white cane away and put the glass in between her cold hands. “Drink some warm water. You have been standing at the beach for hours and your whole body was freezing. You will get sick.” He said in concern.

Shin Hye’s heartbeat raced again. Their closeness makes her nervous. “Thank you.” She replied softly as she took a small sip of the water.

Min Ho took the glass away and put it on the coffee table after she finished drinking. He moved his hand to hers and caressed it softly. “Do you need to use the bathroom?”

Shin Hye nodded. “Yes.”

“Come.” Min Ho held her hand and pulled her up, walked her towards the bathroom. “I’ll wait for you outside. Call me when you are done.” He took a last look at her before he stepped out and closed the door.

Shin Hye walked to the sink after she used the toilet. She moved her hand to the water tab and turned it on. After she washed her hand, she splashed some water on her face, helping herself to stay calm and rational. Since the day her father was arrested, she has not been here for a long time. Everything in this house reminds her so much of the memories between her and Min Ho. She was very worried about her own self restrain. She was already over emotional and carried away at the beach just now. She shouldn’t have thrown herself to him. Everything was getting even worse and complicated now.

She sighed as her hand moved to the side to take the towel but accidentally pushed something and dropped it down, startled her.

“Ahhh…” She shouted.

Min Ho immediately barge into the room when he heard her scream. He ran towards her and scanned her from top to toe. “What happened? Are you okay?” He asked worriedly.

Shin Hye nodded her head. “I’m okay. I think I dropped something on the floor.”

He looked down and saw his shaving foam bottle laying on the floor. His gaze moved upward again and sighed when he saw water dripping on her face. He took the towel hanging at the side and gently wiped her face for her. “You have been here for so many times but you are still so clumsy. Should I stay inside here with you the next time you use the toilet again? You make me feeling anxious all the time.”

Shin Hye bit her bottom lip. “I can take care of myself.”

She was biting her lip again and it really annoyed Min Ho when he saw the soft flesh was already red and swollen. He threw the towel on the floor and pushed her against the sink. He grabbed her chin gently but firmly, forcing her lips to part as his other hand held onto her nape. “I told you a lot of times not to bite your lip anymore but you don’t seem to understand and listen to me. I have no choice but to stop you using my way.” Without waiting for her to protest, he leaned down, kissed her full and hard on the lips.

Shin Hye was startled of course and started to struggle. She shoved against his chest, struggling to get away and break free from him but it only makes his hands tightened on her nape and chin. She closed her eyes as her hands that were pushing his chest were now gripping tightly onto his shirt. Her body stiffened as he kissed her, unable to move or respond.

Min Ho pressed himself closer to her. With a low growl he pulled on her chin, forcing her lips to part. At first, he was just kissing her to stop her from biting herself but once their lips touched, he couldn’t be able to control himself anymore. He missed her so much that he feel like eating her alive.

Shin Hye gasped as his tongue invaded . He tasted familiar and she can’t deny that she miss him very much too. She knows that she wouldn’t be able to push him away if he kissed her like this. That was the reason why she doesn’t want to come here. She knows everything will go overboard once they were alone under the same roof. Without thinking any further, she slid her tongue into his mouth, seeking out his taste. He growled deep in his chest and deepened the kiss even more.

Min Ho’s hand left her chin and slowly moved down to her thigh. Just when he was about to lift her up to seat her on the sink, both of them were startled by the doorbell. Min Ho pulled away unwillingly as he rested his forehead on hers, breathing heavily.

“Damn it.” He muttered a curse.

Shin Hye who was also panting for air, looking embarrassed with her face flushed a deep red. She still feels in daze because of his intense kiss just now.

Min Ho slowly opened his eyes. He gently caressed her burning cheek as he leaned forward and gave her another soft kiss on her lips. “We are not done yet. I’ll continue later.” He whispered. He inhaled a sharp breath before he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the bathroom. After he seated her on the couch, he walked towards the door and opened it. His eyes darkened as his gaze daggered at the man standing outside.

“Wae? Why are you glaring at me like this? You are the one who asked me to come here.” Kim Woo Bin asked in an innocent voice. He walked into the apartment and his eyes immediately widened when he saw Shin Hye sitting on the couch.

“Eo? Shin Hye-sshi. You are here.” He asked in surprise.

Shin Hye let out an awkward smile as she held her head low.

Woo Bin saw her blushed cheeks and her lips were red and swollen. He then turned to his best friend and his lips were red too. He grinned at Min Ho. “Did I come at the wrong time? Should I go out for a while and come back again later so that both of you could continue with what you guys were doing before I came?”

Shin Hye closed her eyes, looking even more embarrassed now.

Min Ho glared at his best friend and made him a face, signalled him to stop. He sighed deeply. “Cut the crap and sit down. I have something serious to ask you.” He said as he walked towards Shin Hye and sat beside her while Woo Bin sat in front of them.

“What you want to ask?” Woo Bin looked confused.

“It’s about Park Yoo Chun.” Min Ho said as his jaw clenched.

Shin Hye fisted her hands when she heard the familiar name that scares her now.

“What you want to know about him?” Woo Bin asked again.

“Everything you know about him.” Min Ho replied.

Woo Bin narrowed his eyes at him and then looked at Shin Hye. He was very sure something happened and it must have something to do with Shin Hye by just looking at their expression. “As far as I know, he is sajang-nim’s adopted son. He worked as his assistant in Dragon Corporation. Although his rank in the company was high but there were a lot of important projects he was not allowed to take part. The way sajang-nim treated him has no difference with other staffs. There were a lot of people talking behind, gossiping that sajang-nim treated him like a dog and adopted son was just a name. He doesn’t like him at all.”

“Was he close to Shin Hye’s teacher, Han seonsaeng?” Min Ho asked.

Woo Bin tilted his head and shook his head. “I don’t think so. Every time when I saw them together, they just smiled at each other and seldom talk. They were like…” He then paused as he widened his eyes as if something crossed his mind. “But wait.” He said as he looked at Min Ho. “I remembered last year when I was replacing another bodyguard to protect Shin Hye-sshi at the beach house, I saw Park Yoo Chun came out from Han seonsaeng’s room. Their expression was very shocked when they saw me. Han seonsaeng told me that Park Yoo Chun was in her room because something was wrong with her toilet even I didn’t ask her. But it was weird because if something really was wrong with her toilet, she should call us but why Park Yoo Chun. They don’t seem to be that close.”

Shin Hye turned to Min Ho. “I told you I didn’t hear wrongly. They were close to each other. I guess they already know each other before Han seonsaeng become my teacher.”

Woo Bin looked at them with curiosity. “Can anyone of you tell me what’s happening here?”

Min Ho heaved a deep sigh before looking at him. “Shin Hye overheard their conversation in the house just now. They were talking about the accident that happened 8 years ago and killed Shin Hye’s brother.” He paused as he held Shin Hye’s trembling hand in his. “She heard Park Yoo Chun said it was him who broke the car brake. They were planning to kill Park Min Sik that day but didn’t know Park Dae Jung drove the car instead.”

“What?” Woo Bin was stunned. “I thought that was an accident.”

Min Ho shook his head. “It was not. There was a serious leakage in the brake master cylinder that caused the car losses it brake function. There were a set of unknown fingerprint found on the master cylinder. It was obvious that someone broke it.”

Shin Hye turned to Min Ho again. “How do you know about all that?”

“I have someone to check on the old files about that accident and did a background check on Park Yoo Chun…” He paused as he exhaled sharply. “… while I was investigating your father’s case.” He then turned to her again. “Do you know how Park Yoo Chun’s father dies?”

“That time I was only 7 years old and I don’t really know how he died. Yoo Chun oppa didn’t like to talk about his family. I just know that his father’s body was found in a river and they said he committed suicide.” Shin Hye said.

“Do you know that Park Yoo Chun’s father have a sister?” Min Ho asked again.

Shin Hye shook her head. “He told me that he don’t have any other family after his father and mother pas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter